Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Double post.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Mo, my lunches in HS were Smartfood popcorn and Dr. Pepper! My two best friends ate Doritos and Coke. We were healthy just like you! :)

My lunches in high school were pretzels and Diet Coke! Or Doritos and Diet Coke if I was being "bad".

Yay for eating healthy in high school! :tongue:
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Mo, my lunches in HS were Smartfood popcorn and Dr. Pepper! My two best friends ate Doritos and Coke. We were healthy just like you! :)

My lunches in high school were pretzels and Diet Coke! Or Doritos and Diet Coke if I was being "bad".
    I would eat cafeteria food, but I didn't like how small the milks were, so I always bought a bottle of water. One day, someone looked at me and said, "You know the water doesn't negate the pizza"

• Oberon21
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have never:

-Worked out with a giant inflatable ball
    -Said “we’re pregnant”, whatevs, ginormous, “that’s fab”, brain fart, or delish
    -Worn a do-rag
    -Worn Vibram 5 finger shoes
    -Owned a little yippy gerbil-type of dog
    -Posted a Facebook status update with the hope that Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg were going to give me free money
    -Posted a cliffhanger Facebook message to draw sympathy or create curiosity, ie, “At the hospital :( “ or “Worst day of my life!” and then disappeared for the rest of the day.
    Also:
    never said "Hashtag"

I have:

-Participated in a fantasy football league - I Do this! and actually won the trophy last year, and came in a very close second this year!
    -Done the Macarena

I've said "hashtag".
    I've also said "YOLO"

Ha!

If I say YOLO it's very sarcastic. And also mocking this generation that uses it as a legitimate word.

Well, when I moved away from my hometown (where I lived for years because of the free babysitters), it was because my (then teenage) daughter said, YOLO mom.
    It's true...

I have never said "on fleek" or whatever that is.

En flique - it literally means under surveillance - dance teachers/cheer coaches use it to mean "clean" or that you've checked your own form so that they don't need to yell at you.
    The French Verb is fliquer, to police.

I have never heard of this....
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I would eat cafeteria food, but I didn't like how small the milks were, so I always bought a bottle of water. One day, someone looked at me and said, "You know the water doesn't negate the pizza"

It DOESN'T? :smirk:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I confess to never having seen any one of the Star Wars movies in its entirety. I further confess that brings me great joy.

Some of the things that I haven't done that I'm proud of:

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Participated in a fantasy football league
    -Done the Macarena
    -Posted a Facebook status update with the hope that Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg were going to give me free money
    -Posted a cliffhanger Facebook message to draw sympathy or create curiosity, ie, “At the hospital :( “ or “Worst day of my life!” and then disappeared for the rest of the day.

From your list, I have only:

-Done the Macarena (I was a kid when it was big so...)
    -Said ginormous (may have said whatevs but was making fun)
    -Worked out with an exercise ball (and decided it was not at all for me)
    -Owned a yippy dog (another childhood mistake)

I have also never:

-Worn skinny jeans
    -Bleached my hair
    -Worn elfish dress shoes where the toes curl up

I currently own skinny jeans.
    I used Sun In back in the day. That's sorta like bleaching?
    Never worn elfish dress shoes, I don't think...

I've never changed my relationship status on Facebook to "It's Complicated"

I own skinny jeans (multiple pairs). It's OK for females, right?!?
    I bleached my hair, on my own, with facial hair bleach when I was a teenager. :#
    I have a pair of shoes that my husband and son call elf shoes (but they don't turn up at the toe).
    My FB status has always been "Married." o:)
    I have never said "on fleek."

I have never watched The Walking Dead, CSI (any of them), How I Met Your Mother, or Big Bang Theory

I would imagine in your line of work, CSI would drive you crazy. Love the other 3 and I used to love CSI, the original, a long time ago. Don't hate me :smile:

I don't own any skinny jeans and every time I read that they are going out of style, I secretly celebrate. Now I need them to actually go out of style so I don't feel quite so dated.

I have never even heard "on fleek" or "En flique". Now I really feel old.

As far as Facebook status, I think I want to change it to "It's complicated" and post some random "worst day of my life" just to see what people would say.

I despise skinny jeans with a passion. I honestly don't think they look good on ANYONE, regardless of their gender, age, or physique. But then, I have the same opinion of leggings and all stretchy/clingy pants in general. :p

I agree with this. Unless you are a 6' 100 lb model they don't look good. But the low cut jeans were worse. The ones you couldn't wear underwear with and had to wax. A la 18 year old Britney Spears.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

It DOESN'T? :smirk:
    Heh, a few months before I started really losing weight, I cut out most sodas and juices and replaced them with water. I would occasionally ask myself when I'd start losing weight. XD

• Oberon21
    Options
    I confess that if you wear a pink skirt that is so tight that I can see your black panties, then I will judge you before I can stop myself. I will then mentally apologize for being judgmental and wish that I could un-see it.

I would wish that I had unseen it but would not feel apologetic for being judgemental on that one.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess to never having seen any one of the Star Wars movies in its entirety. I further confess that brings me great joy.

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

Ok this is going to be hard to do on my phone but I'll play...

- I have worked out with an inflatable ball at class
    - I have never been pregnant so this one has never been an issue. I don't use those other words withe except whatEVAH sometimes tongue in cheek.
    - I HATE do-rags and bandanas in general
    - I HATE football so no fantasy league for me
    - I may have done the Macarena. I may have been drunk.
    - I HATE things between my toes so no Vibram 5 fingers for me....
    - I love all dogs
    - I don't post Facebook statuses. I do post pictures of races I am at as a status. I barely do anything on FB except repost pictures rescue animals
    - The above covers any wish of Mark Zuckerberg giving me anything free.
    - I love the original Star Wars. The prequels. ..no, just no.
    - I have never watched Friends, Seinfeld, Walking Dead, etc. I only watch things like NCIS, Law and Order, etc.
    - I don't own or wear skinny jeans

Things I have never done I am proud of...

Not sure. I have done a lot of stuff to try it once. I have wanted to do stuff I never did. And I have done lots of things I am not proud of. And there are a lot of things I am ambivalent about... like marriage and kids. And I am proud of weird things like stuff I can't control that makes me unique.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I love that this thread is having some new life breathed into it! :)

I confess that all this recent talk of Cheetos sent me searching to the supermarket for a big bag of puffy, cheesy goodness. I also confess that I returned home disappointed and Cheeto-less. :cry:
    I stopped by CVS and saw a bag of Sweetos . I was very tempted to pick them up.

What is that?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

I have also never:

-Worn skinny jeans
    -Bleached my hair

I bleached my hair, on my own, with facial hair bleach when I was a teenager. :#
    I have a pair of shoes that my husband and son call elf shoes (but they don't turn up at the toe).

I have never watched The Walking Dead, CSI (any of them), How I Met Your Mother, or Big Bang Theory

I would imagine in your line of work, CSI would drive you crazy. Love the other 3 and I used to love CSI, the original, a long time ago. Don't hate me :smile:

I don't own any skinny jeans and every time I read that they are going out of style, I secretly celebrate. Now I need them to actually go out of style so I don't feel quite so dated.

As far as Facebook status, I think I want to change it to "It's complicated" and post some random "worst day of my life" just to see what people would say.

I despise skinny jeans with a passion. I honestly don't think they look good on ANYONE, regardless of their gender, age, or physique. But then, I have the same opinion of leggings and all stretchy/clingy pants in general. :p

I agree with this. Unless you are a 6' 100 lb model they don't look good. But the low cut jeans were worse. The ones you couldn't wear underwear with and had to wax. A la 18 year old Britney Spears.

Hey, now! I wear skinny jeans! AND if I recall correctly, my most famous picture on here is me in skinny jeans!
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options

I further confess that I don't know what YOLO means. I am old. *sigh*[/quote]

Hi... you only live once. In case it hasn't been explained yet. :)[/quote]

Thank you, @pofoster21
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I confess that I watched with glee when the gentleman who was throwing around big weights couldn't do any pull ups right after he watched me do 2. I also confess that I want to be able to do more than 2

*high five*!

Thanks, @ShibaEars
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    Also:
    never said "Hashtag"

I have:

-Participated in a fantasy football league - I Do this! and actually won the trophy last year, and came in a very close second this year!
    -Done the Macarena

I've said "hashtag".
    I've also said "YOLO"

Ha!

If I say YOLO it's very sarcastic. And also mocking this generation that uses it as a legitimate word.

Well, when I moved away from my hometown (where I lived for years because of the free babysitters), it was because my (then teenage) daughter said, YOLO mom.
    It's true...

I have never said "on fleek" or whatever that is.

En flique - it literally means under surveillance - dance teachers/cheer coaches use it to mean "clean" or that you've checked your own form so that they don't need to yell at you.
    The French Verb is fliquer, to police.

Dang. I totally SHOULD incorporate this, then. LOL
    It may, in fact, be your job to keep certain en flique. Personally, I prefer to police myself so that you don't have to.

Edit: "certain people" my brain moves faster than my fingers...

Huh. I learned something today. Somehow, I think the vast majority of people who use it have no idea what it actually means.

I'm sure they don't. I think I learned it from a gymnastics coach when Tamara was small. But I looked it up when she used it because I took French and her "cleaned up" didn't sound like a direct translation and then I heard a dance teacher call out "en flique, people are watching" to her students at the Christmas parade this year and when I looked it up again that did stick. (the Nutcracker principals aren't allowed to ride the float because God forbid they get hurt, but the mice and minor dancers are always in the parade to advertise).

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

I have also never:

-Worn skinny jeans
    -Bleached my hair

I like the original CSI with Grissom! I stopped watching shortly after he left. And the red-headed guy on CSI Miami drove me crazy!!
    I have never watched Big Bang Theory or How I met Your Mother. Or Star Wars..any of them.
    I have never and will never wear skinny jeans or elf shoes.
    And I also have never heard "on fleek" or "en flique"
    Never bleached my hair either.

Same for these ^

That made it easy to respond to that part anyway. :)

ETA: So for the original list. I do own a giant ball for some weird reason but never worked out with it. I've also never done the other things on the list so that made it easy too...

I've used a giant ball for years, since I had to go to physical therapy for my back.
    I've never said "we're pregnant". I was the pregnant one. I've said the rest I am sure.

I've never worn the finger shoes or posted on FB hoping someone would give me money. Money doesn't work that way.

I've worn skinny jeans, but I don't really like them.

Bleaching my hair would take forever and probably make it fall out by the time I got it to blonde. I like it black anyway.

I watched part of a.Walking Dead marathon in the ICU waiting room in 2014. The whole time I wondered why the guy that was watching it on purpose wanted to watch a show about zombies when someone in his family was at.death's door. I liked CSI original and Miami, but nit New York. Never watched the others, but I am a Star Wars fan girl and a trekkie too.

I have worn elf shoes for a play. Does that count?

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    This is a positive one, I've found out about Super Noodles, 125 cals per pack and lovely with two runny fried eggs on top ;)
    I am bad though, my past alcohol consumption would probably really shock you, but I haven't had a drink in 10 days and feel brilliant!

Way to go on the #soberdays! As the child of an alcoholic, I doubt your consumption would shock me.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    These responses to my "Some of the things that I haven't done that I'm proud of" list are hilarious! But this isn't the definitive list, there must be countless other ridiculous things that you are oddly proud that you haven't done...

Things I've never done of which I am proud:
    Never smoked weed (I feel like I've confessed this before)
    Never seriously said "YOLO"
    Never played with a Ouija board
    Never had a speeding ticket

Can't think of anything else.

I confess that I threatened to sprinkle Holy Water on my roommate's Ouija board in college if she didn't take it home.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I love that this thread is having some new life breathed into it! :)

I confess that all this recent talk of Cheetos sent me searching to the supermarket for a big bag of puffy, cheesy goodness. I also confess that I returned home disappointed and Cheeto-less. :cry:

I haven't had them in forever. I don't like them anymore. But I used to be able to finish a whole bag.

If I brought them home, the boys would consume them before I got even one. I've tried repeatedly...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

I have also never:

-Worn skinny jeans
    -Bleached my hair

Hey, now! I wear skinny jeans! AND if I recall correctly, my most famous picture on here is me in skinny jeans!

My maroon skinny pants are almost too tight in the calves since I started lifting seriously.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

You guys are all white, why is this an accomplishment? Not wearing something that has a useful purpose for individuals from a different race is something to be proud of?
  • Oberon21
    Options

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

You guys are all white, why is this an accomplishment? Not wearing something that has a useful purpose for individuals from a different race is something to be proud of?

Well I wasn't really posting it as being proud of not wearing it, merely that I never had. But that is a good perspective and you are right.