Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Ohh yes I definitely am a spark fanatic :) I love thinking about the person and getting butterflies!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Checking in from page 1084 I'm far behind so won't quote anything. Back from a day at Goodwood Festival of Speed was brilliant and enjoyed my pieminister beef and ale pie followed by a large Mr Whippy. My Fitbit says I did 12500 steps so I'm not even sorry!

I have to ask....what's a Mr. Whippy?

Haha not sure if anyone has answered this...if you are not from/in UK it probably sounds strange. It's soft scoop whipped ice cream in a cone with a chocolate flake. Also known as a 99 from when they used to cost 99 pence (sterling). They are served from an ice cream van. Reminds me of childhood!

I seen Orange post about clotted cream & was wondering is that more of a whipped cream, cottage cheese, or yogurt?
    Clotted cream isn't much like whipped cream at all. It's made by slowly heating full-cream milk and letting the fat rise to the surface. The clotted cream forms a kind of crust and the whole top layer gets spooned off. That all sounds pretty vile but it's really the most amazingly delicious thing.

Sounds yummy to me! So is it used mostly on ice creams?
    Not really, although that does sound delicious. More on scones with jam (this, plus a pot of tea is a 'cream tea' and is a thing of beauty), or on something like warm apple pie or a plum crumble (a crumble is a baked fruit dessert with a butter/flour/brown sugar topping - a bit like a 'crisp' but without oats in the topping). Yum. Can you tell I'm hungry?!

Yum that all sounds so good. I'll take an order of the plum crumble but maybe with apples instead & extra, extra, extra crumble:D.
    Yep! Can do. It would look like this. No wonder I got fat, I used to make desserts like this all the time.
    [

Omg, I'll take one too! Yum!

Also...I'm excited that so many of us are Fitbit friends now! :smiley:

You guys know I now need a Fitbit. I cannot be left out.

Ok, I have a fitbit and want to be included lol. Add me if you want! //www.fitbit.com/user/37V9JF . I haven't used it in a few weeks but I may have to charge it up tonight! :smiley:

I sent you a friend request on here with my email to add me on Fitbit. Don't know how to add by user in the app.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie thanks for the idea of the Zombies Run App! I did the first mission in my living room just jogging in place so I could earn some more calories to eat a Pop-tart ice cream sammich.

Good for you! I love your love for ice cream! :) I tried the Market Pantry Monster Cookie ice cream (I think it was you that told us about it). I loved it! Unfortunately, I ate the whole thing by myself in one sitting! That was one of my high calorie days the other day... :(
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Ladies and gentlemen of the confessions thread, a moment of hush if you will, I have an announcement to make.

<drum roll>

This afternoon, in the car park of a slightly up market grocery store, outside a ubiquitous coffee house chain, @girldownsouth and I met up. In honour of this thread, we did not partake of frothy expensive refreshments, but instead meandered many miles along the river, in idyllic English countryside (beside the motorway).

We (well I did anyway) had a lovely walk in the sunshine, getting to know a new friend. We do intend to do it again.

I thank you for your attention. Here endeth the announcement. Please return to your regularly scheduled confessions.

Awesome!! Did you guys take pictures??
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @kylerjaye I sent you a request on Fitbit. I'm Cindy.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    At one of our local grocery stores they have a cow on the front of the milk display and the cow moos at you every time you walk by it. I hate that cow. I turned around the other day and said to it.
    " I know right!! But I am working on it so back off!!
    There were 2 elderly ladies standing they and I am sure they were ready to call someone to take me away!

Ha! That's awesome :)

@riderfangal I've been reading your username as riderangle since the beginning of the thread...until I've been replying to you :blush:

LOL the riders are my favourite football team. I am actually somewhat obsessed lol. Truth be told I wanted to name my son Ryder but my ex was having no part of that

I probably missed it in previous pages, but @riderfangal you had a date on Saturday, right? How did it go?

He was very nice but no spark. On the surface we should have meshed completely but nothing. I was thinking maybe its just me in my heart I am not sure I am ready or wiling to enter into any relationship. Still it was nice to enjoy some adult conversation. :)

It happens. But at least you got a nice evening out!

I dated a guy that, "on paper", should've been a perfect match for me, but there was no spark with him either. I've also wondered if it's me not being willing to be in a relationship, but I want a spark, darn it!

(psssst... I'm post-stalking you :p )

In my experience, do not settle for anything less than "the spark". That's what will carry you through the rough patches, and keep you working out stuff when you'd really much rather throttle him.

I stayed in a relationship for much too long because he was the "good on paper" guy who should have been my match made in heaven. Nah. Now I'm with the guy who would seem to be the "least likely prospect" (until you realize we are actually two peas in a pod, beneath the demographics) and we've got all the spark.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Ohh yes I definitely am a spark fanatic :) I love thinking about the person and getting butterflies!

Exactly! I've had "the spark" with a couple guys and while they didn't work out, I'm not willing to settle for less than that.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Ohh good question Kelly! I hope they did! If not we will make them the next time they meet up! :)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Checking in from page 1084 I'm far behind so won't quote anything. Back from a day at Goodwood Festival of Speed was brilliant and enjoyed my pieminister beef and ale pie followed by a large Mr Whippy. My Fitbit says I did 12500 steps so I'm not even sorry!

Haha not sure if anyone has answered this...if you are not from/in UK it probably sounds strange. It's soft scoop whipped ice cream in a cone with a chocolate flake. Also known as a 99 from when they used to cost 99 pence (sterling). They are served from an ice cream van. Reminds me of childhood!

I seen Orange post about clotted cream & was wondering is that more of a whipped cream, cottage cheese, or yogurt?
    Clotted cream isn't much like whipped cream at all. It's made by slowly heating full-cream milk and letting the fat rise to the surface. The clotted cream forms a kind of crust and the whole top layer gets spooned off. That all sounds pretty vile but it's really the most amazingly delicious thing.

Not really, although that does sound delicious. More on scones with jam (this, plus a pot of tea is a 'cream tea' and is a thing of beauty), or on something like warm apple pie or a plum crumble (a crumble is a baked fruit dessert with a butter/flour/brown sugar topping - a bit like a 'crisp' but without oats in the topping). Yum. Can you tell I'm hungry?!

Yum that all sounds so good. I'll take an order of the plum crumble but maybe with apples instead & extra, extra, extra crumble:D.
    Yep! Can do. It would look like this. No wonder I got fat, I used to make desserts like this all the time.
    [

Ok, I have a fitbit and want to be included lol. Add me if you want! //www.fitbit.com/user/37V9JF . I haven't used it in a few weeks but I may have to charge it up tonight! :smiley:

I sent you a friend request on here with my email to add me on Fitbit. Don't know how to add by user in the app.

Thanks, I'll see if I can figure it out :smiley:
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    NSV - my waist is smaller than it has been in years. 1.5 inches to go to be at my pre-pregnancy waist size (which I was last at 17-18 years ago.) :wink:

This is a pretty great NSV!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

[

Thanks, I'll see if I can figure it out :smiley:

I just sent you a request too!
  • Oberon21
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ladies and gentlemen of the confessions thread, a moment of hush if you will, I have an announcement to make.

<drum roll>

This afternoon, in the car park of a slightly up market grocery store, outside a ubiquitous coffee house chain, @girldownsouth and I met up. In honour of this thread, we did not partake of frothy expensive refreshments, but instead meandered many miles along the river, in idyllic English countryside (beside the motorway).

We (well I did anyway) had a lovely walk in the sunshine, getting to know a new friend. We do intend to do it again.

I thank you for your attention. Here endeth the announcement. Please return to your regularly scheduled confessions.

Seems fairly fitting amongst all this talk of online dating that our Internet meet up was great tonight!

We both smashed our step goals and I've even picked up a bit of a tan :)

I am so jealous! And so glad you guys did this. It gives me goosebumps that this is moving into real life!
  • kelly_c_77
    edited June 2015
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    NSV - my waist is smaller than it has been in years. 1.5 inches to go to be at my pre-pregnancy waist size (which I was last at 17-18 years ago.) :wink:

Awesome! Congrats!
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Ohh good question Kelly! I hope they did! If not we will make them the next time they meet up! :)

:)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    @kelly_c_77 @ShibaEars @ythannah

Thanks guys! :) Is it weird that the first thing I thought when I fit into the shorts was 'I cant wait to tell everyone on the thread'. I think it's because you guys understand it's quite a big thing to achieve a goal, whereas a lot of my friends would just be like 'meh, clothes' haha

I officially tell you guys way more than most other people. Probably my best friend is the only one that comes close these days!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @coastalpath I’m really sorry you are struggling. If you can, try and carve a few minutes out of each day to look after yourself, whether its some deep breathing/meditation, exercise, a solitary cup of coffee. It is also important that you acknowledge your stress and feelings, don’t squash them away because others think you should. Everything you think and feel is valid to you.

I’m going to check out the fitbit thread in a moment. I’m having a bit of a sucky morning at work.

Totally randomly, as I drove back from Devon last night, I planned what I might have for my wedding reception. Partly inspired by this thread and partly by a comedienne that was on radio 4 (don’t judge) yesterday. Bear in mind my relationship structure means I will never get married, but still, I planned it…

So I’d have an afternoon tea, catered by my favourite Torquay café, with made to order sandwiches (guests choose from a small list of fillings); bread is home made white or granary. A variety of home made scones, with cherry, or ginger, or white choc chips in. Lots of different fruit jams. And huge bowls of clotted cream. There may also be cinnamon toast. And lots of different cakes, like Victoria sponge, lemon drizzle, chocolate brownie. All served with either tea, coffee (from starbucks) or something sparkling, probably Prosecco or Asti (I’m actually a cherry lambrini kind of girl). Set to a background of string quartet music.

And for evening meal I’d have a Chinese buffet, in the style of the Mongolian barbecue restaurant chain (do they have those in the states?) basically, you take your bowl, choose your meat/veg/noodles/cooking sauce, and they cook it on a flat top stove while you wait.

It will be held in a marquee, on the cliff tops, near where I live (in Devon).

I spent nearly 200 miles planning this. I have no idea what I’d be wearing, nor what the ceremony would be like.

You and I should get married. I plan the ceremony and the dress. You plan the food.

Although I want mine on the beach in East Hampton where my mom lives and to rent a house and just throw a big party as I have mentioned before. So we might need to be like Becky Bloomwood (confessions of a shopaholic for those who don't get the reference ) and have 2 weddings.

We are a match made in heaven! I'd love a beach wedding.

We should have 2 weddings, I'll cater them, ceremonies and outfits ate your department.

Don't judge, fantasy weddings are all I will ever have ;)

Me too so we are perfect. Maybe it's like 2 girlfriends going to prom together so they don't miss it. I never got to go to prom (no one asked me and back then friends did NOT go together). I still regret missing that dress. We can do our own wedding!

Okay is that maybe too weird? No judging...
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I cried a lot this afternoon....a LOT

I am not gonna lie, grief bacon for the win! Perhaps during the week when I can just ignore the phone it won't be so bad....

Things have relaxed for now in intensity, but no resolution.......

My fitbit is charging now and seemed to be counting once I charged it a bit, so fingers crossed that it is ok.....weird that it did not warn me with an email before dying, but just gonna hope its a fluke at this point....

Did anyone see the second part of my left at the bar story? Someone (sorry, can't remember who), asked if I was there for a long time, so I told the rest of what happened, but it got trapped at the bottom of a page and it took me a bit to find it, so I am wondering if anyone actually saw it or not......

P.S. - then I have a DEAD spider, which is not much better.....what do you suggest I do with that??

I saw the second part and I would have super mad at my friend as well. Girls are supposed to look out for each other

As for the spider I would vacuum that sucker up. Oh yes I would

That's the agreement I have with ALL spiders that come into the house. They can live in the house, but they have to survive the vacuum cleaner. If they survive the vacuum cleaner, then they have to LIVE in the vacuum cleaner for the rest of their days or be revacuumed.

For all you cat lovers on this thread, don't your cats hunt spiders? I am not a cat person, but every once in awhile a make an agreement with our barn cats that they can have a reprieve in our house if they promise to catch all of the spiders.

My cat is the world's least dangerous hunter. She follows bugs around the house quite well, but she just places her paw on them to stop them from moving so she can sniff them. Then she lets them go. Then stops them again. Then let's them go...

Bad cat! Back out to the barn you go.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

<drum roll>

Seems fairly fitting amongst all this talk of online dating that our Internet meet up was great tonight!

We both smashed our step goals and I've even picked up a bit of a tan :)
    That's fantastic!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I feel the need to confess: I don't like red velvet anything. I don't understand the hype. It tastes chemically to me.
    I don't either. When I had my cake biz I'd make it for tastings, hoping that nobody would order, but they always did. I have a bit of a thing about large amounts of food colour, so that alone would be enough to put me off, but combined with the fact that it's usually an oil recipe rather than butter, and that there's only 1tsp of cocoa, I'm out.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Confession: I've been using my husband being home this week as an excuse not to do any exercise. That's why I haven't sought you all out as Fitbit friends :( My calories aren't too bad, but I don't think I'll lose any weight this week through inactivity.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a dream that I was eating a box of Pączkis. Yes, an entire box. While I was eating them I was trying to figure out how to fit one of those tiny little bags of chips (3 for $1, ~200 calories) into my calories for the day. What is wrong with your brain in dreams?

When I first starting trying to lose, the first thing I did was stop drinking pop. About 2 months in, I had a dream that I was drinking pop. In my head, during the dream, I was screaming NOOOOOOO!!! (You know how you can kind of watch yourself in a dream like you're two separate people?). When I woke up, I was so upset I had to keep telling myself It was just a dream. It was just a dream.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

<drum roll>

Awesome!! Did you guys take pictures??

No pictures - sorry to disappoint! I'm rubbish at remembering to take pictures. Didn't even take any at my brother's wedding (there was at least a professional photographer there).