Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I cried a lot this afternoon....a LOT

I am not gonna lie, grief bacon for the win! Perhaps during the week when I can just ignore the phone it won't be so bad....

Things have relaxed for now in intensity, but no resolution.......

My fitbit is charging now and seemed to be counting once I charged it a bit, so fingers crossed that it is ok.....weird that it did not warn me with an email before dying, but just gonna hope its a fluke at this point....

Did anyone see the second part of my left at the bar story? Someone (sorry, can't remember who), asked if I was there for a long time, so I told the rest of what happened, but it got trapped at the bottom of a page and it took me a bit to find it, so I am wondering if anyone actually saw it or not......

P.S. - then I have a DEAD spider, which is not much better.....what do you suggest I do with that??

I saw the second part and I would have super mad at my friend as well. Girls are supposed to look out for each other

As for the spider I would vacuum that sucker up. Oh yes I would

I second (or perhaps fourth or fifth by the time I catch up) to the vacuuming of the spider. Sorry you've needed so much grief bacon recently. I hope it turns around soon.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I've had an interesting challenge handed to me! :)

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)

I always knew we were kindred spirits @Susieq_1994 I'm an October baby as well lol
    Yay, another one! Do we get to mark October as one humongous birthday party now? :D

As long as we celebrate HALF birthdays! Haha :) My HALF birthday is October 6th o:)

Mine would be Oct. 5th!

Also an October half-birthday! The 14th.
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options

I am not gonna lie, grief bacon for the win! Perhaps during the week when I can just ignore the phone it won't be so bad....

My fitbit is charging now and seemed to be counting once I charged it a bit, so fingers crossed that it is ok.....weird that it did not warn me with an email before dying, but just gonna hope its a fluke at this point....

Did anyone see the second part of my left at the bar story? Someone (sorry, can't remember who), asked if I was there for a long time, so I told the rest of what happened, but it got trapped at the bottom of a page and it took me a bit to find it, so I am wondering if anyone actually saw it or not......

P.S. - then I have a DEAD spider, which is not much better.....what do you suggest I do with that??

I saw the second part and I would have super mad at my friend as well. Girls are supposed to look out for each other

As for the spider I would vacuum that sucker up. Oh yes I would

That's the agreement I have with ALL spiders that come into the house. They can live in the house, but they have to survive the vacuum cleaner. If they survive the vacuum cleaner, then they have to LIVE in the vacuum cleaner for the rest of their days or be revacuumed.

For all you cat lovers on this thread, don't your cats hunt spiders? I am not a cat person, but every once in awhile a make an agreement with our barn cats that they can have a reprieve in our house if they promise to catch all of the spiders.

My cat Shade eats spiders...she caught a Texas Yellow Garden spider and she killed and was ripping it apart yesterday...

This is what they look like:

pldhz6r4i5n4.jpg

That is horrifying.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    @susieqhusband she needs a Fitbit. Now!

And I know you are reading this!

During iftar, we were talking, and he was like... "Did you see that post?"
    I replied, "What post?"
    He said, "The @SusieQ's husband post!"
    I was like, "No, not yet, I'm not caught up. What was it about?"
    "Apparently the horse lady is demanding that I need to get you a Fitbit right now."

:p

Haha did it work?
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    I have a lot of leave left and not too much to do at work today, so decided to take the day off. I was going to email my boss, but then I just decided I'd put it in.my calender and pretend it'd been there all along!

Wahoo - enjoy your day off!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've really been struggling with my depression/anxiety issues lately, and today so far is topping as the worst yet. (Some of you may have seen my status about it.) It's taking all I've got not to tell hubby that he's on his own and going back to bed and secluding myself. Realistically I know I can't do that, because my uncle is bringing me my Mema's vanity this afternoon. :cry:

Sorry you're feeling so bad! I'd say a day in bed is fine--it's okay to be selfish once in a while. Why can't your husband deal with the vanity and your uncle while you get some rest?
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

I replied, "What post?"
    "Apparently the horse lady is demanding that I need to get you a Fitbit right now."

OMG that is too funny. Maybe he will give in early :)
  • riderfangal
    Options
    At one of our local grocery stores they have a cow on the front of the milk display and the cow moos at you every time you walk by it. I hate that cow. I turned around the other day and said to it:
    "I know right!! But I am working on it so back off!!
    There were 2 elderly ladies standing they and I am sure they were ready to call someone to take me away!

I snorted! That's hilarious!

Agreed, that totally made me laugh. :p

Glad I could bring a few chuckles to your day. :)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

Sorry you aren't doing well either. :(

I did see that date story. What a messed up date that was...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @coastalpath I’m really sorry you are struggling. If you can, try and carve a few minutes out of each day to look after yourself, whether its some deep breathing/meditation, exercise, a solitary cup of coffee. It is also important that you acknowledge your stress and feelings, don’t squash them away because others think you should. Everything you think and feel is valid to you.

I’m going to check out the fitbit thread in a moment. I’m having a bit of a sucky morning at work.

Totally randomly, as I drove back from Devon last night, I planned what I might have for my wedding reception. Partly inspired by this thread and partly by a comedienne that was on radio 4 (don’t judge) yesterday. Bear in mind my relationship structure means I will never get married, but still, I planned it…

So I’d have an afternoon tea, catered by my favourite Torquay café, with made to order sandwiches (guests choose from a small list of fillings); bread is home made white or granary. A variety of home made scones, with cherry, or ginger, or white choc chips in. Lots of different fruit jams. And huge bowls of clotted cream. There may also be cinnamon toast. And lots of different cakes, like Victoria sponge, lemon drizzle, chocolate brownie. All served with either tea, coffee (from starbucks) or something sparkling, probably Prosecco or Asti (I’m actually a cherry lambrini kind of girl). Set to a background of string quartet music.

And for evening meal I’d have a Chinese buffet, in the style of the Mongolian barbecue restaurant chain (do they have those in the states?) basically, you take your bowl, choose your meat/veg/noodles/cooking sauce, and they cook it on a flat top stove while you wait.

It will be held in a marquee, on the cliff tops, near where I live (in Devon).

I spent nearly 200 miles planning this. I have no idea what I’d be wearing, nor what the ceremony would be like.

Who cares about the ceremony, can I come to your imagined wedding reception for the food? Be a love and make it halal meat, will you? :p

Done and of course you are invited! the guests will essentially be our families and you guys lolol

I forgot to mention it's mountain -5 days now!!

My new waterproof gloves arrived today

Yay, countdown time! Are you excited? Or just terrified? :D

Both!! I'm really looking forward to it, I wanna be there and doing it! I think i feel i'm proving something by doing it. I hope i don't let meself down and look like an....donkey.

Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Well. Just got back from the doctors. Saw a different doctor this time. He said NO carbs. Not even yogurt, he said if I don't lose weight on this, we have a serious problem. I asked him if it could be anything else and he said "Well, we could faff around putting you on different diets, but it seems you have put a lot of time and effort into this already so I recommend you go straight to the jugular and cut carbs. It will work, it will always work. It's hard, and it will suck, it will really suck, but you will lose fat." So I went to the nearest bakery, bought myself an apple and raspberry danish (at 9 in the morning) and ate it while driving to work. If I can't have carbs for the next 2 months, I'm going to end it with something amazing. and it was.

Oh, that really stinks. :( Hope it goes well for you! In his definition of NO carbs, I assume non-starchy veggies are still allowed? I really hope you lose a good amount of weight on this--you've been working SO HARD and not seeing results and I'm sure it's just horribly, awfully frustrating.

... I totally would have done that too. I LOVE danishes.

I don't think they are, he said no root vegetables and no squashes (butternut squash or pumpkin etc). The more I talk about it the harder it becomes. He said no tomato, which pretty much rules out everything. I keep thinking oh well I'll do this and substitute the carbs and then you realise it has a tomato based sauce. It's slowly looking more and more impossible.

Yikes. :( I couldn't possibly live without tomatoes! So what CAN you eat? :o

I'm allergic to tomatoes (and strawberries, raspberries and red peppers) so being tomato free is possible, but requires thought, those suckers are in everything!

Well. Just got back from the doctors. Saw a different doctor this time. He said NO carbs. Not even yogurt, he said if I don't lose weight on this, we have a serious problem. I asked him if it could be anything else and he said "Well, we could faff around putting you on different diets, but it seems you have put a lot of time and effort into this already so I recommend you go straight to the jugular and cut carbs. It will work, it will always work. It's hard, and it will suck, it will really suck, but you will lose fat." So I went to the nearest bakery, bought myself an apple and raspberry danish (at 9 in the morning) and ate it while driving to work. If I can't have carbs for the next 2 months, I'm going to end it with something amazing. and it was.

Oh, that really stinks. :( Hope it goes well for you! In his definition of NO carbs, I assume non-starchy veggies are still allowed? I really hope you lose a good amount of weight on this--you've been working SO HARD and not seeing results and I'm sure it's just horribly, awfully frustrating.

I don't think they are, he said no root vegetables and no squashes (butternut squash or pumpkin etc). The more I talk about it the harder it becomes. He said no tomato, which pretty much rules out everything. I keep thinking oh well I'll do this and substitute the carbs and then you realise it has a tomato based sauce. It's slowly looking more and more impossible.

Any meat, fish, salad, vegetables, fruit (but limited) I'm going to have to read up about it. The problem with England is when you go to the doctors, you only get a 10 minute consultation time. (If you're lucky, I know some which are just 5 minutes) so he only had time to explain why I should do it and the science behind it (most of which I can't remember) so when it came to what I can actually eat, I'm not sure. That and I have a stinking cold so I just want to go back to bed right now rather than tackling a whole new eating habit.

You can book a double appointment with your GP (or anyone in the surgery) so you get longer. Also, most practice nurses are better equipped to deal with nutrition advice.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LOOK LIKE A DONKEY!

POF: you haven't seen the size of my pack! of course i'm going to look like a donkey carrying all that stuff!!

Actually, i used donkey rather than a different word in deference to Susie

Okay that reference makes more sense.

And I have to thank Susie...I think I am finally cleaning up my language. I keep finding substitute words to use in here and it's translating into life.

I do giggle everytime I type Oh My Gosh.

And the effort being made for me is very much appreciated from everyone! :) It makes me feel so much less anxious when reading in here and when checking my feed--my crazy high anxiety about it has faded SO much in the last week or so when approaching MFP and our thread... It's so relieving!

We want you to be happy! You are the glue in this thread!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    @coastalpath I’m really sorry you are struggling. If you can, try and carve a few minutes out of each day to look after yourself, whether its some deep breathing/meditation, exercise, a solitary cup of coffee. It is also important that you acknowledge your stress and feelings, don’t squash them away because others think you should. Everything you think and feel is valid to you.

I’m going to check out the fitbit thread in a moment. I’m having a bit of a sucky morning at work.

Totally randomly, as I drove back from Devon last night, I planned what I might have for my wedding reception. Partly inspired by this thread and partly by a comedienne that was on radio 4 (don’t judge) yesterday. Bear in mind my relationship structure means I will never get married, but still, I planned it…

So I’d have an afternoon tea, catered by my favourite Torquay café, with made to order sandwiches (guests choose from a small list of fillings); bread is home made white or granary. A variety of home made scones, with cherry, or ginger, or white choc chips in. Lots of different fruit jams. And huge bowls of clotted cream. There may also be cinnamon toast. And lots of different cakes, like Victoria sponge, lemon drizzle, chocolate brownie. All served with either tea, coffee (from starbucks) or something sparkling, probably Prosecco or Asti (I’m actually a cherry lambrini kind of girl). Set to a background of string quartet music.

And for evening meal I’d have a Chinese buffet, in the style of the Mongolian barbecue restaurant chain (do they have those in the states?) basically, you take your bowl, choose your meat/veg/noodles/cooking sauce, and they cook it on a flat top stove while you wait.

It will be held in a marquee, on the cliff tops, near where I live (in Devon).

I spent nearly 200 miles planning this. I have no idea what I’d be wearing, nor what the ceremony would be like.

Who cares about the ceremony, can I come to your imagined wedding reception for the food? Be a love and make it halal meat, will you? :p

Done and of course you are invited! the guests will essentially be our families and you guys lolol

I forgot to mention it's mountain -5 days now!!

My new waterproof gloves arrived today

Yay, countdown time! Are you excited? Or just terrified? :D

Both!! I'm really looking forward to it, I wanna be there and doing it! I think i feel i'm proving something by doing it. I hope i don't let meself down and look like an....donkey.

I'm allergic to tomatoes (and strawberries, raspberries and red peppers) so being tomato free is possible, but requires thought, those suckers are in everything!

Any meat, fish, salad, vegetables, fruit (but limited) I'm going to have to read up about it. The problem with England is when you go to the doctors, you only get a 10 minute consultation time. (If you're lucky, I know some which are just 5 minutes) so he only had time to explain why I should do it and the science behind it (most of which I can't remember) so when it came to what I can actually eat, I'm not sure. That and I have a stinking cold so I just want to go back to bed right now rather than tackling a whole new eating habit.

You can book a double appointment with your GP (or anyone in the surgery) so you get longer. Also, most practice nurses are better equipped to deal with nutrition advice.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LOOK LIKE A DONKEY!

POF: you haven't seen the size of my pack! of course i'm going to look like a donkey carrying all that stuff!!

Actually, i used donkey rather than a different word in deference to Susie

Okay that reference makes more sense.

And I have to thank Susie...I think I am finally cleaning up my language. I keep finding substitute words to use in here and it's translating into life.

I do giggle everytime I type Oh My Gosh.

And the effort being made for me is very much appreciated from everyone! :) It makes me feel so much less anxious when reading in here and when checking my feed--my crazy high anxiety about it has faded SO much in the last week or so when approaching MFP and our thread... It's so relieving!

We want you to be happy! You are the glue in this thread!

I second that!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    There are some triumphs and happy moments and lots of sadness and I just don't have the time to respond as I would like to each of you. Where is @FroggyBug lately? Did I miss posts (not unlikely). I think of each post way more than I am able to respond! HUGS all around.

I had a very active weekend, running, weights, and I spent too much time in the 105+ degree heat doing very much needed heavy duty yardwork of moving brush piles and rocks. I read a book for a book club. It made me cry, good story. The Light Between Oceans. SusieQ it has 1 - 2 swear words in it -- depending on your definition. One was not one used in the USA as a swearword, but it is a common swear word in UK/Ireland that also can be used a common word describing what flows in the veins. The other started with an h and ended in double hockey sticks. I really think that was the extent of it but even though I don't really swear, when reading/hearing them it is so completely neutral to me I'm not sure I'd catch it even when looking for it, and I was looking for it to tell you what to expect in this book if you wanted to read it. Could Mr. SusieQ look over a book first?

I've got meetings today so will not be around much.

Thanks for the recommendation. :) I'm mostly okay with both of those two words, and thank you so much for defining them for me!

Unfortunately, Mr. Susie is like you as well--he's so neutral to it that he worries that he won't notice them and then tell me that there weren't any. So if I want to check it out, I think it's going to be an "at your own risk" kind of thing, which I might try anyway since you went to so much effort for me! I'll take a look at it, at the very least. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Guys, remember that London Dairy new ice cream flavor I mentioned? The Red Velvet Cheesecake one? IT IS TO DIE FOR. Seriously. It's SO good! It has swirls of ooey gooey red velvet caramel-textured stuff, chunks of a dense, chewy red velvet cake, and generously sized chunks of cheesecake. The ice cream itself has a cream cheese-like taste, similar to cream cheese frosting but not as sweet or rich. SO GOOD.

The other two are okay. I'm just sad that the cheesecake one is finished because I shared it with my husband (he didn't like the other two). :p

This was not nice. I want this now.

Oops. I'm sorry! :( I figured that since you get all the good ice cream in the United States, you'd be able to get this one or at least one like it. :o

Oh I am sure I can. I just can't. You know? ;)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

I replied, "What post?"

LOL
    that is hysterical!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm still about 15 pages behind but I'm working on it.

I have to say that I'm sad today. My birthday is Saturday and this past weekend I started feeling really bad physically and I'm not sure what it is but I think it is either an abscessed tooth or maybe strep. I'm planning on going to urgent care after work/physical therapy today. I really want to be well for my birthday. I currently don't have a doctor since I didn't like the last one I went to.

I had a toothache Thursday and then there was a bubble on the roof of my mouth that popped and then my lymph nodes swelled up and I had a low fever Saturday (I slept most of the day that day). The fever is gone now but my throat hurts and I'm just really tired. I just hope I'm not contagious either.

I'm sure the stress of life recently is weakening my immune system. :(

That REALLY stinks! Last year I was crazy sick in Eid--totally bedridden, my FND had an awful flare up--which is the biggest celebration of the year for Muslims. I was so disappointed... I totally cried. I really hope you feel better in time for your birthday!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    Okay, no one really took me up on our daily motivation, but I am going to go ahead and share progress anyway.

Steps: 19, 903 (vs. 25K goal) due to rain and help at barn, as I didn't do quite as much walking as I might normally due as I had help. +
    Never got to my run. I had forgotten my shoes so had clothes but no shoes at barn. So had to come home (kiss of death) and try to motivate myself. Well, after eating, and dealing with a washing machine mess (standing water due to clogged filter from washing bathroom mat that disintegrated) it was 10:00. I just couldn't get myself out then. +
    No alcohol +
    Did not work on dissertation. For the above reasons.

So not great. Today:

Flying to Dallas on a 6:40 flight (hence being up so early) for a meeting. So... this is really going to be a challenge but going to try to:

Walk 10K
    Run 1 hour
    Work in dissertation (I will use the plane trip to read some articles I have lined up for my literature review)
    No alcohol (this will also be challenging as I am going out with some of my team for 'drinks' as I am in Dallas and we don't see each other much.

So...on 3 hours sleep off I go. I'll probably check in at airport, etc. Have a great day all.

Way to go POF! I think you did pretty well on your goals, given what life threw (sp? that looks wrong, but I think it's right) at you. Man, three hours of sleep would have me sleeping on the plane rather than dissertating, but way to be a good grad student :)

I like this - are we going to do this here or in the Batcave? I'm sure I'll find out as I catch up this morning, but I'll contribute, too.

Yesterday I just *barely* hit my 10K steps. 100+ weather in the northwest, which is crazy hot for us, it should be 75ish. I was supposed to get a good step count in by walking Wilbur, but he was having none of it. Poor delicate 80 pound baby ;) I did a 3 mile run first thing in the morning and then errands/food prep for the rest of the day.

Today, I've already gotten my SL 5X5 in, and walked to work, will walk home and go to the gym for an Insanity class (supposed to be kickboxing, but swapped out for the month). With Wilbur's mini-walks I should hit about 15K steps.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)

I always knew we were kindred spirits @Susieq_1994 I'm an October baby as well lol
    Yay, another one! Do we get to mark October as one humongous birthday party now? :D

As long as we celebrate HALF birthdays! Haha :) My HALF birthday is October 6th o:)

The same as my mom! :) I would have been born on October 6 as well--My mom was going to give birth by cesarean section, and her due date was the 6th of October. She told her doctor to change the date because, "...It's my birthday, I don't want to give birth! I want to go out for dinner!" :p
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

@LBuehrle8 I love your new profile pic!!

Thank you! It's about a year old and I was at my goal weight then so I'm using it as motivation to get my behind back in gear!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye I completely understand, my SO and I had a first date that lasted 2 days. We've been together 2 and a half years now, when you click with someone you just click.
  • WestCoastJo82
    edited June 2015
    Options

I love your response! Good luck with the next two months, you can do it!

EDT: finish my sentence since it posted too soon.