Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I've had an interesting challenge handed to me! :)

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)

I always knew we were kindred spirits @Susieq_1994 I'm an October baby as well lol
    Yay, another one! Do we get to mark October as one humongous birthday party now? :D

As long as we celebrate HALF birthdays! Haha :) My HALF birthday is October 6th o:)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)

I always knew we were kindred spirits @Susieq_1994 I'm an October baby as well lol
    Yay, another one! Do we get to mark October as one humongous birthday party now? :D

As long as we celebrate HALF birthdays! Haha :) My HALF birthday is October 6th o:)

@LBuehrle8 I love your new profile pic!!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Stopping by to say I was totally judging the guy in my left who kept his elbow on the arm rest and ordered a gin at 7 am!!!!

Just curious because I am not a frequent flyer but are there not a pair of armrests per seat? IE- 2 sets in the middle making the inner set yours and the outer to the folks sitting left & right of you?

Also, I would totally order a drink @ 7am because if I am on a plane it's for a vacation of some sort. lol
  • Coastalpath
    Coastalpath Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    @Italian_Buju , @kelly_c_77 , @LBuehrle8 , @nonoelmo , @Glinda1971 , @lilaclovebird , @kellienw335 , @riderfangal , @orangesmartie , @Susieq_1994 , @pofoster21 , @ythannah , @xLoveLikeWinterx

Thanks all of you for taking the time to wish me well and offer me advice. I really appreciate it. It's too long, complicated and boring to go into fully but I really appreciate you telling me that it's ok to feel like this. I am a pretty strong (I hate that word!) person but sometimes, it just takes one too many things to tip a person over the edge of happy and I think I am at this stage at the moment. I'm nervous of saying too much in case anyone I know was to read this but I've had so much happen in the last year or so that I feel at the end of my tether.

- Christmas 2013 my step son was rushed to hospital diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. He was so ill, it was an absolute nightmare, and especially around Christmas time. I'll never forget explaining to him that what was wrong with him couldn't just be cut out after he was crying and telling us he would have any operation needed just to fix it. He's done fantastically well to adapt at 13/14 years old but it was a stressful time.

- Living in the South of UK house prices are ridiculous. Husband and I are very stressed not being able to afford a home and having to rent. Rental agencies in my experience have been horrendous. We are treated like second class citizens even though we pay more in rent than any of my friends pay for their mortgage. We eventually have been granted a mortgage but that in itself opens up more stress with trying to find a home on our budget.

- We can't go on holiday (saving for house). We went for one weekend away to Cornwall 2 months ago and came home and our rented house had flooded from top to bottom. It's a town house so all 3 stories are water damaged. 2 months in the works are now due to commence but we have holes in the ceiling and no carpets and living in less than best conditions. Landlord has been excellent, but it's not nice. Work needs to start but now cannot as...

- ...My husband has a serious injury to his shoulder and has been in constant pain for about 5 months. Operation is scheduled in mid July which we know he needs but we are both nervous about. Living with his pain has been heartbreaking but it means we can't get the house fixed until his 3 or 4 weeks of initial recovery have taken place.

- At work 3 members of my senior management team are retiring, 2 of which I work directly with. This change is unsettling and means that my work life is very stressful at the moment, along with lots of extra work. Going home is then not relaxing - see above posts.

- Lastly, and worst - is our infertility. My husband had a reversal just over a year ago, which we paid £3k for and it clearly hasn't worked! We are not completely defined by this but after just having tests done the practitioners (even without the results) are being really negative to us, blaming my husband and saying he shouldn't have had it done in the first place. Ok then, not helpful. He knows this, doesn't need to be told. We are struggling with this coming to terms with the fact I'll never be a mum, and unfortunately this has coincided with 3 of my close friends becoming pregnant pretty much at the same time. I'm so happy for them, but absolutely devastated for myself. They've never made a peep they were even wanting children and I feel like a fool for confiding in 2 of them about my problems, whilst they were 'secretly' pregnant the whole time! I'm so embarrassed, and sad, and feel now I'm being talked about. I feel I don't want to see them because I'm miserable, and don't want to make them feel guilty about being pregnant but by avoiding them I'm probably doing this anyway. It's so hard being happy on one hand and so distraught on the other, I just don't know how to act around them. I know I just need time.

I have to leave work now - but I'll respond to @xLoveLikeWinterx 's post tonight xx
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Busy week coming up so for the stateside folks, can I get a HELLZ YEAH for this 4 day work week?!?! B)

Well I have Friday booked off because it's SO's Birthday so can I join in on the fun? :smile:

I never work Fridays, so i always have 4 days weeks, can i be in?

Yes, but I am hating on you so hard right now. I'd love to have a 4x10 work week. I did once at an old job decades ago, and I've wished for it ever since!
  • Coastalpath
    Coastalpath Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am an October birthday too!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Guys, remember that London Dairy new ice cream flavor I mentioned? The Red Velvet Cheesecake one? IT IS TO DIE FOR. Seriously. It's SO good! It has swirls of ooey gooey red velvet caramel-textured stuff, chunks of a dense, chewy red velvet cake, and generously sized chunks of cheesecake. The ice cream itself has a cream cheese-like taste, similar to cream cheese frosting but not as sweet or rich. SO GOOD.

The other two are okay. I'm just sad that the cheesecake one is finished because I shared it with my husband (he didn't like the other two). :p

This was not nice. I want this now.

Oops. I'm sorry! :( I figured that since you get all the good ice cream in the United States, you'd be able to get this one or at least one like it. :o
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @coastalpath I’m really sorry you are struggling. If you can, try and carve a few minutes out of each day to look after yourself, whether its some deep breathing/meditation, exercise, a solitary cup of coffee. It is also important that you acknowledge your stress and feelings, don’t squash them away because others think you should. Everything you think and feel is valid to you.

I’m going to check out the fitbit thread in a moment. I’m having a bit of a sucky morning at work.

Totally randomly, as I drove back from Devon last night, I planned what I might have for my wedding reception. Partly inspired by this thread and partly by a comedienne that was on radio 4 (don’t judge) yesterday. Bear in mind my relationship structure means I will never get married, but still, I planned it…

So I’d have an afternoon tea, catered by my favourite Torquay café, with made to order sandwiches (guests choose from a small list of fillings); bread is home made white or granary. A variety of home made scones, with cherry, or ginger, or white choc chips in. Lots of different fruit jams. And huge bowls of clotted cream. There may also be cinnamon toast. And lots of different cakes, like Victoria sponge, lemon drizzle, chocolate brownie. All served with either tea, coffee (from starbucks) or something sparkling, probably Prosecco or Asti (I’m actually a cherry lambrini kind of girl). Set to a background of string quartet music.

And for evening meal I’d have a Chinese buffet, in the style of the Mongolian barbecue restaurant chain (do they have those in the states?) basically, you take your bowl, choose your meat/veg/noodles/cooking sauce, and they cook it on a flat top stove while you wait.

It will be held in a marquee, on the cliff tops, near where I live (in Devon).

I spent nearly 200 miles planning this. I have no idea what I’d be wearing, nor what the ceremony would be like.

Who cares about the ceremony, can I come to your imagined wedding reception for the food? Be a love and make it halal meat, will you? :p

Done and of course you are invited! the guests will essentially be our families and you guys lolol

I forgot to mention it's mountain -5 days now!!

My new waterproof gloves arrived today

Yay, countdown time! Are you excited? Or just terrified? :D

Both!! I'm really looking forward to it, I wanna be there and doing it! I think i feel i'm proving something by doing it. I hope i don't let meself down and look like an....donkey.

Well. Just got back from the doctors. Saw a different doctor this time. He said NO carbs. Not even yogurt, he said if I don't lose weight on this, we have a serious problem. I asked him if it could be anything else and he said "Well, we could faff around putting you on different diets, but it seems you have put a lot of time and effort into this already so I recommend you go straight to the jugular and cut carbs. It will work, it will always work. It's hard, and it will suck, it will really suck, but you will lose fat." So I went to the nearest bakery, bought myself an apple and raspberry danish (at 9 in the morning) and ate it while driving to work. If I can't have carbs for the next 2 months, I'm going to end it with something amazing. and it was.

Oh, that really stinks. :( Hope it goes well for you! In his definition of NO carbs, I assume non-starchy veggies are still allowed? I really hope you lose a good amount of weight on this--you've been working SO HARD and not seeing results and I'm sure it's just horribly, awfully frustrating.

... I totally would have done that too. I LOVE danishes.

I don't think they are, he said no root vegetables and no squashes (butternut squash or pumpkin etc). The more I talk about it the harder it becomes. He said no tomato, which pretty much rules out everything. I keep thinking oh well I'll do this and substitute the carbs and then you realise it has a tomato based sauce. It's slowly looking more and more impossible.

Yikes. :( I couldn't possibly live without tomatoes! So what CAN you eat? :o

I'm allergic to tomatoes (and strawberries, raspberries and red peppers) so being tomato free is possible, but requires thought, those suckers are in everything!

Well. Just got back from the doctors. Saw a different doctor this time. He said NO carbs. Not even yogurt, he said if I don't lose weight on this, we have a serious problem. I asked him if it could be anything else and he said "Well, we could faff around putting you on different diets, but it seems you have put a lot of time and effort into this already so I recommend you go straight to the jugular and cut carbs. It will work, it will always work. It's hard, and it will suck, it will really suck, but you will lose fat." So I went to the nearest bakery, bought myself an apple and raspberry danish (at 9 in the morning) and ate it while driving to work. If I can't have carbs for the next 2 months, I'm going to end it with something amazing. and it was.

Oh, that really stinks. :( Hope it goes well for you! In his definition of NO carbs, I assume non-starchy veggies are still allowed? I really hope you lose a good amount of weight on this--you've been working SO HARD and not seeing results and I'm sure it's just horribly, awfully frustrating.

I don't think they are, he said no root vegetables and no squashes (butternut squash or pumpkin etc). The more I talk about it the harder it becomes. He said no tomato, which pretty much rules out everything. I keep thinking oh well I'll do this and substitute the carbs and then you realise it has a tomato based sauce. It's slowly looking more and more impossible.

Any meat, fish, salad, vegetables, fruit (but limited) I'm going to have to read up about it. The problem with England is when you go to the doctors, you only get a 10 minute consultation time. (If you're lucky, I know some which are just 5 minutes) so he only had time to explain why I should do it and the science behind it (most of which I can't remember) so when it came to what I can actually eat, I'm not sure. That and I have a stinking cold so I just want to go back to bed right now rather than tackling a whole new eating habit.

You can book a double appointment with your GP (or anyone in the surgery) so you get longer. Also, most practice nurses are better equipped to deal with nutrition advice.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LOOK LIKE A DONKEY!

AGREED! I'm sure you're going to pull it off like a boss and impress even yourself. :) You can do this!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    And I totally want to be Fitbit friends with everyone in here.

I was wondering whether people would be up for challenges, not super competitive, but things like how many steps in a day/weekend or how many calories burned in a weekend. The idea is.to motivate and give goals, rather than be winners and.losers and.moves away from scale victories
    And not just for Fitbit people..so not Fitbit based, although we could have.Fitbit challenges

If anyone is interested, I'll start a thread in the bat cave
    I can't decide if I'd like to be in this or not. I have very busy days, and others where I'm a total slug and barely hit 3000 steps, and I'd be embarrassed about that. But it does sound fun...

Same here. As I said, I used to get over 10K regularly but ever since my knee injury I usually get around 4K. It makes me sad. I'm hoping I'll get back to 10K before the end of the year.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @coastalpath I’m really sorry you are struggling. If you can, try and carve a few minutes out of each day to look after yourself, whether its some deep breathing/meditation, exercise, a solitary cup of coffee. It is also important that you acknowledge your stress and feelings, don’t squash them away because others think you should. Everything you think and feel is valid to you.

I’m going to check out the fitbit thread in a moment. I’m having a bit of a sucky morning at work.

Totally randomly, as I drove back from Devon last night, I planned what I might have for my wedding reception. Partly inspired by this thread and partly by a comedienne that was on radio 4 (don’t judge) yesterday. Bear in mind my relationship structure means I will never get married, but still, I planned it…

So I’d have an afternoon tea, catered by my favourite Torquay café, with made to order sandwiches (guests choose from a small list of fillings); bread is home made white or granary. A variety of home made scones, with cherry, or ginger, or white choc chips in. Lots of different fruit jams. And huge bowls of clotted cream. There may also be cinnamon toast. And lots of different cakes, like Victoria sponge, lemon drizzle, chocolate brownie. All served with either tea, coffee (from starbucks) or something sparkling, probably Prosecco or Asti (I’m actually a cherry lambrini kind of girl). Set to a background of string quartet music.

And for evening meal I’d have a Chinese buffet, in the style of the Mongolian barbecue restaurant chain (do they have those in the states?) basically, you take your bowl, choose your meat/veg/noodles/cooking sauce, and they cook it on a flat top stove while you wait.

It will be held in a marquee, on the cliff tops, near where I live (in Devon).

I spent nearly 200 miles planning this. I have no idea what I’d be wearing, nor what the ceremony would be like.

Who cares about the ceremony, can I come to your imagined wedding reception for the food? Be a love and make it halal meat, will you? :p

Done and of course you are invited! the guests will essentially be our families and you guys lolol

I forgot to mention it's mountain -5 days now!!

My new waterproof gloves arrived today

Yay, countdown time! Are you excited? Or just terrified? :D

Both!! I'm really looking forward to it, I wanna be there and doing it! I think i feel i'm proving something by doing it. I hope i don't let meself down and look like an....donkey.

I'm allergic to tomatoes (and strawberries, raspberries and red peppers) so being tomato free is possible, but requires thought, those suckers are in everything!

Any meat, fish, salad, vegetables, fruit (but limited) I'm going to have to read up about it. The problem with England is when you go to the doctors, you only get a 10 minute consultation time. (If you're lucky, I know some which are just 5 minutes) so he only had time to explain why I should do it and the science behind it (most of which I can't remember) so when it came to what I can actually eat, I'm not sure. That and I have a stinking cold so I just want to go back to bed right now rather than tackling a whole new eating habit.

You can book a double appointment with your GP (or anyone in the surgery) so you get longer. Also, most practice nurses are better equipped to deal with nutrition advice.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LOOK LIKE A DONKEY!

POF: you haven't seen the size of my pack! of course i'm going to look like a donkey carrying all that stuff!!

Actually, i used donkey rather than a different word in deference to Susie

Okay that reference makes more sense.

And I have to thank Susie...I think I am finally cleaning up my language. I keep finding substitute words to use in here and it's translating into life.

I do giggle everytime I type Oh My Gosh.

And the effort being made for me is very much appreciated from everyone! :) It makes me feel so much less anxious when reading in here and when checking my feed--my crazy high anxiety about it has faded SO much in the last week or so when approaching MFP and our thread... It's so relieving!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about setting a goal for July to have some form of *significant* physical activity every day. I'd say go to the gym, but I know there are a few days that I won't be able to so I figured why set myself up for failure? It will probably still be mostly the gym though. Ha!

Example: We're going to Hershey Park at the end of the month, so I know I'll get several miles of walking in, well above my normal daily amount.

Just trying to shake things up a bit.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: i'm attempting to "date" again...and it's seemingly terrible. i think staying home, getting drunk and dancing around my kitchen with the dogs might be a way better option.

went out with a dude on saturday evening. went to a local bar for beverages and chatting, and had a really fun time. i'd had a few dates previously that were kinda meh, so i thought ok cool, finally a fun time!

have some beverages, play a bunch of songs on the jukebox (are they still called that?), lots of fun convo and eventually the evening wears down and it's time to call it a night. and dude's like oh, i'm having such a good time with you, let's go back to your place to "snuggle" for a while. (and yes, he literally said snuggle).

ummm...no?
    and he starts to get all huffy about it. and i'm like dude, i had a lot of fun on this FIRST date, but i think there should be a few more before i'm inviting you back to my place. and he starts freaking out, wanting to know how i couldn't trust him, he's such a good guy and just liked being with me so much he didn't see what the big deal was. he just wants to hold me and snuggle for awhile! so we argue back and forth about it for a few minutes and finally i say i'm done, have a good night and leave.

seriously? yeah because trying to guilt me into letting you come over to my place is an AWESOME first date.

then i get home and i have all these msg's from him saying he's leaving the dating website he found me on because he just can't handle how ppl are, and what was my problem that i couldn't trust him?!

well duh, we live in the same area, of course that makes him trustworthy!

sigh... :s

UGH Why are some men such crazies?! Seriously. Before I met my SO now I went out with a guy and I was so excited because he seemed totally normal and down to earth and the date was going so well! We did end up going back to my apartment (because we met at a bar right down the street from me and he already knew where I lived) and watched a movie. He got angry and I had to kick him out because I wouldn't sleep with him ON THE FIRST DATE!! Okay so if it felt right and people BOTH want to on the first date then hey it's your world who am I to judge? But to get angry with me because I'm not feeling it on the first date? Um no, CRAZY! Needless to say never saw him again. Sorry @KylerJaye but you have to get through the frogs to get to the prince! :/

exactly!
    in full out confession mode, when the ex and i first met, our "first date" lasted three days! and it was fantastic! then we were together for five years.

it all depends on the person/situation etc. and really, if one person is like hey, i've had a great night and would like to see you again and the other person loses their mind because they're not getting what they want? that's just creepy.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    @Italian_Buju , @kelly_c_77 , @LBuehrle8 , @nonoelmo , @Glinda1971 , @lilaclovebird , @kellienw335 , @riderfangal , @orangesmartie , @Susieq_1994 , @pofoster21 , @ythannah , @xLoveLikeWinterx

Thanks all of you for taking the time to wish me well and offer me advice. I really appreciate it. It's too long, complicated and boring to go into fully but I really appreciate you telling me that it's ok to feel like this. I am a pretty strong (I hate that word!) person but sometimes, it just takes one too many things to tip a person over the edge of happy and I think I am at this stage at the moment. I'm nervous of saying too much in case anyone I know was to read this but I've had so much happen in the last year or so that I feel at the end of my tether.

- Christmas 2013 my step son was rushed to hospital diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. He was so ill, it was an absolute nightmare, and especially around Christmas time. I'll never forget explaining to him that what was wrong with him couldn't just be cut out after he was crying and telling us he would have any operation needed just to fix it. He's done fantastically well to adapt at 13/14 years old but it was a stressful time.

- Living in the South of UK house prices are ridiculous. Husband and I are very stressed not being able to afford a home and having to rent. Rental agencies in my experience have been horrendous. We are treated like second class citizens even though we pay more in rent than any of my friends pay for their mortgage. We eventually have been granted a mortgage but that in itself opens up more stress with trying to find a home on our budget.

- We can't go on holiday (saving for house). We went for one weekend away to Cornwall 2 months ago and came home and our rented house had flooded from top to bottom. It's a town house so all 3 stories are water damaged. 2 months in the works are now due to commence but we have holes in the ceiling and no carpets and living in less than best conditions. Landlord has been excellent, but it's not nice. Work needs to start but now cannot as...

- ...My husband has a serious injury to his shoulder and has been in constant pain for about 5 months. Operation is scheduled in mid July which we know he needs but we are both nervous about. Living with his pain has been heartbreaking but it means we can't get the house fixed until his 3 or 4 weeks of initial recovery have taken place.

- At work 3 members of my senior management team are retiring, 2 of which I work directly with. This change is unsettling and means that my work life is very stressful at the moment, along with lots of extra work. Going home is then not relaxing - see above posts.

- Lastly, and worst - is our infertility. My husband had a reversal just over a year ago, which we paid £3k for and it clearly hasn't worked! We are not completely defined by this but after just having tests done the practitioners (even without the results) are being really negative to us, blaming my husband and saying he shouldn't have had it done in the first place. Ok then, not helpful. He knows this, doesn't need to be told. We are struggling with this coming to terms with the fact I'll never be a mum, and unfortunately this has coincided with 3 of my close friends becoming pregnant pretty much at the same time. I'm so happy for them, but absolutely devastated for myself. They've never made a peep they were even wanting children and I feel like a fool for confiding in 2 of them about my problems, whilst they were 'secretly' pregnant the whole time! I'm so embarrassed, and sad, and feel now I'm being talked about. I feel I don't want to see them because I'm miserable, and don't want to make them feel guilty about being pregnant but by avoiding them I'm probably doing this anyway. It's so hard being happy on one hand and so distraught on the other, I just don't know how to act around them. I know I just need time.

I have to leave work now - but I'll respond to @xLoveLikeWinterx 's post tonight xx

That is a lot to deal with. Anyone would feel as you do. I don't know much about vasectomies but they can't take the sperm and do artificial insemination?

For those in the thread who get anatomy please don't judge me for that question. ;)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I didn't check the thread on Saturday or Sunday and came back to 20+ pages this morning. I had a pretty good weekend with the family. It is a week before TOM, so I kept snacking on ALL the food, didn't log food yesterday, and gave up on Saturday. Today is a new day and I'll do better, so the pity party is cancelled and I'm moving on with my life. Since I was so far behind there were a couple posts I wanted to comment on:
    @pofoster21 - Awesome job on the 5K!
    @Susieq_1994 - Thanks for starting the recipe group! My husband and I have a weird sense of humor together that most people would think is mean too, but we get it and that's all that is important!
    @orangesmartie - Glad you had fun at the zoo with Charlie! Good luck on climbing the mountain in the dark! You got this! Oh, and talk to your boyfriend!!!!
    @Italian_Buju - Sorry things aren't going well with your SO. Can you talk to him about what's wrong or is it just too much stuff? Feel free to vent here. Hugs! And can't believe that guy left you at the club! Kudos to you for being honest with him!
    @TigerNY128 - I hope you have a fabulous vacation!
    @riderfangal - At least you made a new friend on your date! Does your son ever talk about his dad when he comes home? Do you have any basis for him not seeing his dad?
    @Lois_1988 - Personally I couldn't do low carb. I know it works for some people, but I love carbs! I know someone mentioned seeing a nurse, so that might be something to look into or seeing a nutritionist.
    @Coastalpath - I'm sorry that you are going through so much right now. We are all here to listen whenever you need it. Hugs!
    @m1xm0d3 - Woohoo on the 3 day weekend!!!!! You are killing it on your bike rides lately!
    @AngryViking1970 - I agree that this thread should slow down on the weekend!! Good luck on the interview!
    @xLoveLikeWinterx - Sorry your husband is being difficult. Why is he making all the decisions? Hugs to you!
    @crosbylee - Thanks for starting the FitBit challenge!

Sorry if I left anyone out! There were so many posts!

Glad I can contribute to our thread!! Thanks for the friend add as well!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Eee so I'm probably the only one who would be excited about this but Ed Sheeran is coming to Cincinnati in September and I get to go see him AHHHHH England in August with my English man and a concert in September with my other British boyfriend woo hoo best year EVER!! ❤️

I don't know who this is? I have a feeling some folks may judge me for that based on the comments.

No judging here. I have no idea who most of the singers are on the radio nowadays.

Ed-Sheeran-x-ed-sheeran-x-32982729-1920-1080.jpg

That's Ed Sheeran

Ummmm definitely not my type.

My oldest looks like Ed, except with Hazel eyes instead of Ed's. Same hair, freckles, etc.

And thanks everyone for not ragging on me- whenever I try to say even a little bit of "I'd like a girl or a 3rd" IRL I get SLAMMED. Everyone bags on me, so I just keep it in. We live in a relatively affluent community and it's 1-2 kids MAX, full of soccer moms in SUVs, perfectly done makeup/hair, etc. Every once in a while it gets to me.

And I agree I need to talk to DH- I'm just not sure I can do it this week. I'm a bit emotional anyway and I need time to process the events of last weekend or I will just cry and that does nothing to help. It needs to be rational and I need to say, "I would like to do x, y, z because it is what I need. If you have objections, let's talk through them." Right now I will cry and yell and no one wins.

I also absolutely need counseling to reconcile my brain and heart with the kids that I have. I don't LIKE feeling like this and I sure don't want to feel this way for the rest of my life, but journaling/talking it out with myself only helps sometimes. When events happen like this past weekend, it throws me back into "crying in the shower" mode.

I don't think ANYONE has the right to rag on you about how many children you want. Your children are your business, and that kind of backlash seems just nasty to me. :-/

I agree, wait until you're less emotional. Much less effective communication gets done when I'm a crying mess, that's for sure, even though I'm not a yeller--Logic just goes out of the window and I cry and cry for no reason! :o

I can understand that you don't like feeling that way--It must be hard on you. I highly recommend counseling to help, if it's available to you or you can afford it--a good counselor can be worth their weight in gold! :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Stopping by to say I was totally judging the guy in my left who kept his elbow on the arm rest and ordered a gin at 7 am!!!!

Just curious because I am not a frequent flyer but are there not a pair of armrests per seat? IE- 2 sets in the middle making the inner set yours and the outer to the folks sitting left & right of you?

Also, I would totally order a drink @ 7am because if I am on a plane it's for a vacation of some sort. lol

Not unless you are in 1st class. Otherwise the middle seat shares the arm rest with the window and aisle.

And I don't think he was on vacation. Starting at 7 would mean I was done by 10...I'd be napping.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Mine would be Oct. 5th!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    At one of our local grocery stores they have a cow on the front of the milk display and the cow moos at you every time you walk by it. I hate that cow. I turned around the other day and said to it:
    "I know right!! But I am working on it so back off!!
    There were 2 elderly ladies standing they and I am sure they were ready to call someone to take me away!

I snorted! That's hilarious!

Agreed, that totally made me laugh. :p
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Guys, remember that London Dairy new ice cream flavor I mentioned? The Red Velvet Cheesecake one? IT IS TO DIE FOR. Seriously. It's SO good! It has swirls of ooey gooey red velvet caramel-textured stuff, chunks of a dense, chewy red velvet cake, and generously sized chunks of cheesecake. The ice cream itself has a cream cheese-like taste, similar to cream cheese frosting but not as sweet or rich. SO GOOD.

The other two are okay. I'm just sad that the cheesecake one is finished because I shared it with my husband (he didn't like the other two). :p

This was not nice. I want this now.

Oops. I'm sorry! :( I figured that since you get all the good ice cream in the United States, you'd be able to get this one or at least one like it. :o

I'm pretty sure that Coldstone creamery currently has a red velvet cheesecake flavor... do you have one of those near you?
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @susieqhusband she needs a Fitbit. Now!

And I know you are reading this!

During iftar, we were talking, and he was like... "Did you see that post?"
    I replied, "What post?"
    He said, "The @SusieQ's husband post!"
    I was like, "No, not yet, I'm not caught up. What was it about?"
    "Apparently the horse lady is demanding that I need to get you a Fitbit right now."

:p