Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    testing testing 1 2 3
  • Oberon21
    edited January 2016
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    testing testing 1 2 3

See I TOLD you guys they removed the forced hold so it stayed back. I just checked, and again, I popped up on the main message board page. I posted this in the other threads but every one ignored me. So posting it again, we are appearing on the 'most recent posts' page on the message boards under General Diet and Weight Loss

ETA: weeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeee back!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Did they do something weird to it? I see stuff on the front page less recent than what's going on here.

Man, you go away for a few months and everything changes.

I think it sorts by when the thread started and this one is almost a year old.

Nope, the mods killed our thread so it won't appear on the front pages anymore. This was because a lot of members were making a stink about how we're always off topic and why aren't they locking us down.

I didn't know that. And I don't agree with it, either. How can a confession or any response to one be off topic? anyway, thanks fir educating me.

They tried to move us to chit chat but you got a bunch of weirdos when they did that. So we complained, they moved us back to general diet and weight loss, and froze us so we stayed way back as if no one was actually posting in here.

They felt that our digressions weren't related to diet and weight loss even though we kept saying we have inspired each other in so many ways and have really managed to teach each other how to lose weight, how to be sensible, inspired running and lifting and any number of other activities.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Did they do something weird to it? I see stuff on the front page less recent than what's going on here.

Nope, the mods killed our thread so it won't appear on the front pages anymore. This was because a lot of members were making a stink about how we're always off topic and why aren't they locking us down.

I didn't know that. And I don't agree with it, either. How can a confession or any response to one be off topic? anyway, thanks fir educating me.

They tried to move us to chit chat but you got a bunch of weirdos when they did that. So we complained, they moved us back to general diet and weight loss, and froze us so we stayed way back as if no one was actually posting in here.

They felt that our digressions weren't related to diet and weight loss even though we kept saying we have inspired each other in so many ways and have really managed to teach each other how to lose weight, how to be sensible, inspired running and lifting and any number of other activities.
    I still don't understand why they didn't try moving the thread to motivation and support.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I can easily eat a large bag of Cheetos in a single sitting. More typically it occurs in several sittings over 2 days. They're my spirit animal. Therefore, I don't buy them for myself but they are often in my parent's house. And sometimes if I'm in the lab working late I'll go get 1-3 miniature bags from the vending machine downstairs.

I can relate. I have to go down 6 flights of stairs to vending machine at work and I always take the stairs to get there. And I would make a separate trip for each bag if I wanted more than one. At least the walking uses a few of the calories.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Obviously they didn't actually read our digressions. They just responded to complaining. Stresses of the sort we "digress" about definitely affect weight loss.
  • CooCooPuff
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I can easily eat a large bag of Cheetos in a single sitting. More typically it occurs in several sittings over 2 days. They're my spirit animal. Therefore, I don't buy them for myself but they are often in my parent's house. And sometimes if I'm in the lab working late I'll go get 1-3 miniature bags from the vending machine downstairs.

I can relate. I have to go down 6 flights of stairs to vending machine at work and I always take the stairs to get there. And I would make a separate trip for each bag if I wanted more than one. At least the walking uses a few of the calories.
    I could easily eat a family sized bag of Cheetos. When I used to have my Wednesday gorges, the only reason I wouldn't buy a family size bag was because of the price.

I bought a bag of Doritos a while back for a recipe. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of a serving. Moving the chips my little bowl really helped my perception.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I still don't understand why they didn't try moving the thread to motivation and support.

No idea. If you ever read through all the pages there were some people who were quite passionate about the fact we didn't belong in general weight loss.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options

No idea. If you ever read through all the pages there were some people who were quite passionate about the fact we didn't belong in general weight loss.

I remember a night where some of the more blunt members of the forums came to this thread to try baiting us.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I remember a night where some of the more blunt members of the forums came to this thread to try baiting us.

Trolls cause stress and stress causes weight gain. Therefore, by the transitive theory trolls cause weight gain. Since trolls cause weight gain, I refuse to be baited by them.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Trolls cause stress and stress causes weight gain. Therefore, by the transitive theory trolls cause weight gain. Since trolls cause weight gain, I refuse to be baited by them.

Good linkage there. Even more argument for our thread. It's a destressor.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

If memory serves correctly, most of the more active posters on this thread were the seasoned, well-educated types.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

That's what I was afraid of.
    There was a lot of...er...reform...going on about the time I left the forums. I imagine getting this thread "under control" may have been part of that.

ETA: remember the collective panic attack when they tried to move this thread to the chit chat forum?
    Man, that was scary.

Yep. We're actually glad to be living under the radar, so to speak. Not sure if someone else has replied, but the BatCave is a group that all of the regulars from here moved to when the trouble started. It's a private group so everyone can share more personal things, names, pictures, etc. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    La La La hello old thread!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

They pretty much mush into nothing when you eat them, so I could probably eat a whole bag, too. Delicious Cheetos.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I could easily eat a family sized bag of Cheetos. When I used to have my Wednesday gorges, the only reason I wouldn't buy a family size bag was because of the price.

I bought a bag of Doritos a while back for a recipe. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of a serving. Moving the chips my little bowl really helped my perception.

Make that Flamin' Hot Cheetos, and I am IN!!! I can't buy them...
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    testing testing 1 2 3

See I TOLD you guys they removed the forced hold so it stayed back. I just checked, and again, I popped up on the main message board page. I posted this in the other threads but every one ignored me. So posting it again, we are appearing on the 'most recent posts' page on the message boards under General Diet and Weight Loss

ETA: weeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeee back!

AWESOME!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I love this, Melissa! Can I steal it?
  • quiksylver296
    Options

If memory serves correctly, most of the more active posters on this thread were the seasoned, well-educated types.

o:)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I love this, Melissa! Can I steal it?

Absolutely!