Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Did they do something weird to it? I see stuff on the front page less recent than what's going on here.

Man, you go away for a few months and everything changes.

I think it sorts by when the thread started and this one is almost a year old.

Nope, the mods killed our thread so it won't appear on the front pages anymore. This was because a lot of members were making a stink about how we're always off topic and why aren't they locking us down.

That's what I was afraid of.
    There was a lot of...er...reform...going on about the time I left the forums. I imagine getting this thread "under control" may have been part of that.

ETA: remember the collective panic attack when they tried to move this thread to the chit chat forum?
    Man, that was scary.

Yep. We're actually glad to be living under the radar, so to speak. Not sure if someone else has replied, but the BatCave is a group that all of the regulars from here moved to when the trouble started. It's a private group so everyone can share more personal things, names, pictures, etc. :)

Awesome stuff
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Did they do something weird to it? I see stuff on the front page less recent than what's going on here.

Nope, the mods killed our thread so it won't appear on the front pages anymore. This was because a lot of members were making a stink about how we're always off topic and why aren't they locking us down.

I didn't know that. And I don't agree with it, either. How can a confession or any response to one be off topic? anyway, thanks fir educating me.

They tried to move us to chit chat but you got a bunch of weirdos when they did that. So we complained, they moved us back to general diet and weight loss, and froze us so we stayed way back as if no one was actually posting in here.

They felt that our digressions weren't related to diet and weight loss even though we kept saying we have inspired each other in so many ways and have really managed to teach each other how to lose weight, how to be sensible, inspired running and lifting and any number of other activities.
    I still don't understand why they didn't try moving the thread to motivation and support.

No idea. If you ever read through all the pages there were some people who were quite passionate about the fact we didn't belong in general weight loss.

I remember a night where some of the more blunt members of the forums came to this thread to try baiting us.

Trolls cause stress and stress causes weight gain. Therefore, by the transitive theory trolls cause weight gain. Since trolls cause weight gain, I refuse to be baited by them.

If memory serves correctly, most of the more active posters on this thread were the seasoned, well-educated types.

They were! We lost a lot along the way with the retreat which still makes me sad. Like MrBungleX and AgentOrangeJuice. But that could have been because we got to 'girly' sometimes. :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I didn't know that. And I don't agree with it, either. How can a confession or any response to one be off topic? anyway, thanks fir educating me.

They tried to move us to chit chat but you got a bunch of weirdos when they did that. So we complained, they moved us back to general diet and weight loss, and froze us so we stayed way back as if no one was actually posting in here.

They felt that our digressions weren't related to diet and weight loss even though we kept saying we have inspired each other in so many ways and have really managed to teach each other how to lose weight, how to be sensible, inspired running and lifting and any number of other activities.
    I still don't understand why they didn't try moving the thread to motivation and support.

No idea. If you ever read through all the pages there were some people who were quite passionate about the fact we didn't belong in general weight loss.

I remember a night where some of the more blunt members of the forums came to this thread to try baiting us.

Trolls cause stress and stress causes weight gain. Therefore, by the transitive theory trolls cause weight gain. Since trolls cause weight gain, I refuse to be baited by them.

If memory serves correctly, most of the more active posters on this thread were the seasoned, well-educated types.

They were! We lost a lot along the way with the retreat which still makes me sad. Like MrBungleX and AgentOrangeJuice. But that could have been because we got too 'girly' sometimes. :)

And @tincanonastring. - speaking of cleanse diets that must not be named...
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

They were! We lost a lot along the way with the retreat which still makes me sad. Like MrBungleX and AgentOrangeJuice. But that could have been because we got to 'girly' sometimes. :)

Yeah, I'm going to guess that most men wouldn't be overly comfortable with some of our conversations :grimace:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

They were! We lost a lot along the way with the retreat which still makes me sad. Like MrBungleX and AgentOrangeJuice. But that could have been because we got too 'girly' sometimes. :)

And @tincanonastring. - speaking of cleanse diets that must not be named...

Yes, and that season is approaching fast!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what any of you are talking about and disavow any involvement in posts which may violate the MFP guidelines.

Confession: I'm totally lying. Glad to see you're all continuing this thread!
  • quiksylver296
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have no idea what any of you are talking about and disavow any involvement in posts which may violate the MFP guidelines.

Confession: I'm totally lying. Glad to see you're all continuing this thread!

I summoned him!!! Hi, @tincanonastring and Gary! Gary? Oh, no! What happened to Gary?!? :'(
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Gary, I'm sad to say, is no more. Poor guy got in a tussle with a Gillette Mach 4 and lost.
  • quiksylver296
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Gary, I'm sad to say, is no more. Poor guy got in a tussle with a Gillette Mach 4 and lost.

This makes me very sad...
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

Will there be a memorial service?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I feel like Obi Wan Kenobi...

Palpatine has an uprising, I flee to Tattooine and now nearly all the Jedi have been killed off, Annakin has turned to the darkside (@tincanonastring shaved Gary) and the rebel alliance is in hiding (Batcave).
    But Leia is a princess with connections to the inside (one of my favorite members was made a moderator) and there's a New Hope.

Now we wait for Luke Skywalker to come and restore freedom to the galaxy.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I feel like Obi Wan Kenobi...

Palpatine has an uprising, I flee to Tattooine and now nearly all the Jedi have been killed off, Annakin has turned to the darkside (@tincanonastring shaved Gary) and the rebel alliance is in hiding (Batcave).
    But Leia is a princess with connections to the inside (one of my favorite members was made a moderator) and there's a New Hope.

Now we wait for Luke Skywalker to come and restore freedom to the galaxy.

:D
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

peeps-burning-1.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    edited January 2016
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

peeps-burning-1.jpg

Oh My Gosh! I truly laughed out loud in my office! :D

@tincanonastring

ETA: On a side note, we did roast Peeps at my son's birthday party this year and made Peep smores. Not bad. The sugar gave them a bit of a crunchy coating.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    That was pretty funny. And yes, sad about Gary. I assume that is a picture of the remains of Gary on a plate?

I deliberately didn't use @ to avoid dragging people back who didn't want to be here! :)
  • Oberon21
    Options

peeps-burning-1.jpg

@tincanonastring

What is that? Chicken on a stick?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    That was pretty funny. And yes, sad about Gary. I assume that is a picture of the remains of Gary on a plate?

I deliberately didn't use @ to avoid dragging people back who didn't want to be here! :)

In the sink
  • quiksylver296
    Options

peeps-burning-1.jpg

@tincanonastring

Roasted Peep
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

peeps-burning-1.jpg

@tincanonastring

Roasted Peep

I was going for "appropriate funeral pyre" or perhaps "burnt offering". I'm of Swedish heritage, my ancestors were all about those Viking memorials, haha.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

peeps-burning-1.jpg

@tincanonastring

Roasted Peep

I was going for "appropriate funeral pyre" or perhaps "burnt offering". I'm of Swedish heritage, my ancestors were all about those Viking memorials, haha.

Very apropos!