Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have never:

-Worked out with a giant inflatable ball
    -Said “we’re pregnant”, whatevs, ginormous, “that’s fab”, brain fart, or delish
    -Worn a do-rag
    -Worn Vibram 5 finger shoes
    -Owned a little yippy gerbil-type of dog
    -Posted a Facebook status update with the hope that Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg were going to give me free money
    -Posted a cliffhanger Facebook message to draw sympathy or create curiosity, ie, “At the hospital :( “ or “Worst day of my life!” and then disappeared for the rest of the day.
    Also:
    never said "Hashtag"

I have:

-Participated in a fantasy football league - I Do this! and actually won the trophy last year, and came in a very close second this year!
    -Done the Macarena

I've said "hashtag".
    I've also said "YOLO"

Ha!

If I say YOLO it's very sarcastic. And also mocking this generation that uses it as a legitimate word.

I have a shirt that says "YOLO" and has a kitty with a question mark over it's head. I (not so) secretly enjoy when people don't understand it.

Hahahahahaha, that is super cute!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    mef1107 wrote: »
    Fresh eggs will not peel. Let them hang out in your fridge for a week or two

Pardon? I only keep boiled eggs for a few days......

I *think* she meant the raw eggs, not boiled. I DO keep my boiled eggs for quite a while, though, if I haven't peeled them right after boiling. Unpeeled, they last a long time. Peeled, they start to smell a bit funky after a while.

She meant the raw ones. I never bother boiling just-bought eggs. I pick them up a week in advance. They always peel super easily when they're "old."

Why does everyone seem to know this but me? Mind you, we go through so many eggs I normally have 5-6 dozen in the fridge at a time, and they rotate so none get eaten within a week.....and I do not eat boiled eggs very often....and when I do, I only eat the yolk.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Wow, thread revived . Well done people!:-)
    small confession - despite being almost completely skint and having better uses for my money, I bought myself a fitbit yesterday (and I have no regrets)
    secondary confession - I am now doing absolutely nothing productive in work as I'm too busy playing with said fitbit!

You won't regret it! Good Stuff!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Wow, thread revived . Well done people!:-)
    small confession - despite being almost completely skint and having better uses for my money, I bought myself a fitbit yesterday (and I have no regrets)
    secondary confession - I am now doing absolutely nothing productive in work as I'm too busy playing with said fitbit!

Totally worth it. I LOVE my Fitbit!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I have never:

Experienced online dating
    Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

Well I can join you in all these except Sesame Street. I loved SS. I loved Mr. Snuffalufagus. (SP?).

Same. I didn't love Snuffalupagus, tho. Oscar, gotta be Oscar and his pet worm, Slimy.

Oscar FTW!! I had the album with him singing I love trash.
  • mef1107
    mef1107 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes, I meant fresh, raw eggs, when hard boiled, don't peel well.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    If we're going with childhood favorites, where are my teenage mutant ninja turtles lovers at?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I confess I have no idea what a "do-rag" is. Or why it freaked some people out.

It's kind of like a bandana, but a larger piece of fabric to cover more hair. Slave women wore them in the deep south and West Indies, presumably to keep sweat out of their eyes. My neighbor when I was 4 was my dad's First Shirt's wife. They were from Macon GA and the first black people I remember meeting. anyway, Mrs. McKay is the person who put my hair in a scarf the first time and showed my mom how to tie it to keep it on. (we did not call them do rags then) one of her daughters gave me my first cornrows too. I cried when Mom took them out because we were coming home and my very very mean and very very racist grandfather (dad's dad) would have blown a tremendous fit.

I confess I hated my dad's dad. My mom's dad not only married my mixed race grandmother, but also donated part of the family farm adjacent to the church he pastored to be the Negro cemetery. He was cool.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    If we're going with childhood favorites, where are my teenage mutant ninja turtles lovers at?

Loved them when I was a kid. The new movies, I won't even. I even had the comic books
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I am older than the Turtles, but my nephew loved/s them and my youngest son does too, thanks to the movie.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Posted a Facebook status update with the hope that Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg were going to give me free money
    -Posted a cliffhanger Facebook message to draw sympathy or create curiosity, ie, “At the hospital :( “ or “Worst day of my life!” and then disappeared for the rest of the day.
    Also:
    never said "Hashtag"

I have:

-Participated in a fantasy football league - I Do this! and actually won the trophy last year, and came in a very close second this year!
    -Done the Macarena

I've said "hashtag".
    I've also said "YOLO"

Ha!

If I say YOLO it's very sarcastic. And also mocking this generation that uses it as a legitimate word.

I have a shirt that says "YOLO" and has a kitty with a question mark over it's head. I (not so) secretly enjoy when people don't understand it.

HA! Took me a few seconds.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Mo, my lunches in HS were Smartfood popcorn and Dr. Pepper! My two best friends ate Doritos and Coke. We were healthy just like you! :)

My lunches in high school were pretzels and Diet Coke! Or Doritos and Diet Coke if I was being "bad".

Yay for eating healthy in high school! :tongue:

I think I mentioned this before, but my friends and I would go out and buy tubs of icing to eat on our breaks :grimace:

Yum! When I was younger & would go over to my grandma's house I would sneak into the kitchen & grab a tub of icing to eat.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    This is a positive one, I've found out about Super Noodles, 125 cals per pack and lovely with two runny fried eggs on top ;)
    I am bad though, my past alcohol consumption would probably really shock you, but I haven't had a drink in 10 days and feel brilliant!

Keep up the great work @EnglishGenie.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited January 2016
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I confess to never having seen any one of the Star Wars movies in its entirety. I further confess that brings me great joy.

Some of the things that I haven't done that I'm proud of:

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Participated in a fantasy football league
    -Done the Macarena

I'll play!!!

I have never:

-worked out with a giant inflatable ball
    -said "we're pregnant", ginormous, "that's fab" (eww!), brain fart, or delish (I HATE that word). I've said whatevs...but always joking around..like, "Psshhh, whatEVS"!!!
    -worn a do-rag
    -participated in a fantasy football league
    -done the macarena
    -worn 5 finger shoes
    -owned a yippy dog. We had a dachshund..I don't consider them yippy.
    -posted either of those FB statuses. I'd like to punch my FB friends in the face when they post statuses like these...

Anytime I think of a do rag now I always think of Toby wearing his on PLL! There's so many different memes.

th?id=OIP.M92cae690b2f98840973d3eee7387b714o0&pid=15.1
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

Loved them when I was a kid. The new movies, I won't even. I even had the comic books

I bought my nephew the Ninja Turtles game for the Wii & it was just awful! I remember playing the games on the regular Nintendo & Super Nintendo.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

Well I can join you in all these except Sesame Street. I loved SS. I loved Mr. Snuffalufagus. (SP?).

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time
    Never had a bowl haircut or a fauxhawk

I have never

Watched The Real Housewives of Anywhere or Keeping up with Anyone

I've never watched the Real Housewives or Keeping up with whoever but I do think both have been on in the cardio room at the gym (I don't think that counts since I really wasn't watching even if I'd had control of it).

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones
    99% of everything else on TV

I've seen Keeping up with.. a few times.
    No to all the others listed.

I do like reality tv though.. :grimace: a little too much. And that is a confession...

I've confessed that before in here too, I know! I love terrible TV. It's all TLC and cooking competitions and Animal Planet at my house, all the time, and I have no shame.

I watched My 600 Pound Life & Skin Tight (new show) on Wednesday.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I confess I have no idea what a "do-rag" is. Or why it freaked some people out.

Like wife-beater t-shirts, jorts, and wallet chains, do-rags don't necessarily "freak people out", they are just highly questionable fashion choices.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

You mean "Michael Bay Presents: Mini Hulks vs Mini Transformer"
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time
    Never had a bowl haircut or a fauxhawk

I have never

Watched The Real Housewives of Anywhere or Keeping up with Anyone

I've never watched the Real Housewives or Keeping up with whoever but I do think both have been on in the cardio room at the gym (I don't think that counts since I really wasn't watching even if I'd had control of it).

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones
    99% of everything else on TV

I've seen Keeping up with.. a few times.
    No to all the others listed.

I do like reality tv though.. :grimace: a little too much. And that is a confession...

I have learned a lot from your reality tv obsession, though. Maybe some things I didn't want to know, like all about urine as moisturizer. Ick!

@kelly_c_77

Did you see the urine as moisturizer on Confessions Of A Teenage Idol?

I remember one guy on there (think he was from The Real World) that used his own urine for his hair. Yuck!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Confession: I HATE when I make a hard-boiled egg and the middle of the yolk isn't quite done. EEEWWWwwwww!

I hate when my eggs don't peel right. What is the deal with that?? Some peel easily, and others peel in tiny pieces that take forever. I get irrationally annoyed when an egg doesn't peel easily.

I fly into a fit of rage when my eggs won't peel. It takes everything I have to not whip that stupid &*&%^%$ egg at the wall with as much force as I can.

The day before Christmas Eve my mom tried to boil eggs to make deviled eggs with some brown eggs that a neighbor gave her. She had no luck peeling them & at 3:30 AM on Christmas Eve she drove up to Wal-Mart to purchase more. She said the scariest thing was seeing all the people in their pajamas & slippers.