Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I have been fudging my calorie total since October due to candy.

Halloween candy?

You could always take the leftovers to work & put it in the break room.

I confess I've ate like a fat pig the past two days (Saturday/Sunday) & have gained a crazy amount of water weight. I'm mad at myself, but will get back to it today.

I still think one of my biggest triggers is eating too early in the morning. I think I'm going to start eating around 11:00 AM for my first meal (the time might fluctuate based off my work schedule) & then eat my later meal around 7-8 at night. This way I figure I can cut down on mindless snacking & at the same time include mini snacks with my main meals.

My trigger is vacation. I was off the last two days and ate so bad. :( I'm going to be up about 5 lbs again! :/

I've been on vacation the past week, and I did the same thing. Total pig out city! I should be better once I go back to work.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    ñ
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    *ahem* that might be a good one too, I know I've seen that before.

Yeah, I may have been involved in that original confession.

No judgement, cream cheese frosting is one of the most delicious things on earth IMO.

I ate a whole bag of white chocolate morsels the other day.

Today I am officially kicking my butt back into gear!

For Lent this year I have made up my mind & will

1. Give up eating ice cream (I still want to try the Target Cake My Day. If I find it I'll use it as a reward & eat it the day after Lent)
    2. Not buy more processed snacks (I have a ton of protein bars, protein cookies, & ingredients to make my own snacks. There's no excuse).

I was going to say give up soda too, but I need my Diet Mountain Dew to get through my workday.

I've only just found out Lent starts next week. I always give up crisps & chocolate. Going to have to find a way to fit them into my calories for the next 5 days before I have to wave them goodbye!

I was going to give up wine too,but I don't want to push myself too far...

Good luck! I tried to give up chocolate for Lent once (not Catholic, just talked into it by a co-worker). Lent is LONG!!!

I haven't given up anything for lent in years. Should we do a lent challenge?

I will give up coffee and alcohol. >:)

That would be cheating. I have been thinking of trying going vegan again. And not gain 40 lbs like last time. Maybe this is the time?

Can I add something for 40 days if it's a hardship instead of giving up? I am catholic but don't practice but I am sure this must be some loophole not often discussed... You practicing ladies is this possible?

According to Father Mike, if doing something is a greater sacrifice for you than stopping doing something, then yes it's fine. he used the example of running or swimming - I am not sure that counts for you, my triathlete friend. I usually stop doing something and try to do something charitable. For instance, if I give up coffee shop coffee, then I would donate the saved money to Compassion International I stead of spending it on myself. does that help?

Well making me do an hour of working out every day would be HARD!

An hour a day would be hard, but a short run or swim 3x/week wouldn't be hard for you.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    rawroy wrote: »
    I party on the weekends and that usually involves vodka + 1/2 soda water + 1/2 pure cranberry juice Anyone want to join me!!!? lol

Is it top shelf vodka? Because cheap vodka is nasty.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Proposed bingo words are:

Drowning peanut butter
    Eating from the trash
    Wearing trash bags
    Washing your sports bra in the shower
    Smelly workout clothes
    Commando workouts
    White chocolate wonderful
    Addicted to (fill in the blank)
    Quest bars
    My fitbit won't sync/charge
    Donuts
    Eating frosting from the container
    Eating cocoa powder
    Zinc
    Detox/teatox
    Embarrassed/nervous to go to gym
    Ice cream for dinner
    Grief bacon

Proposed rules:

Bingo begins this Sunday, February 7 - the game will go until one player has called five eligible words and the next game will begin on the following Sunday. I will be the first "caller" and track each players progress. The winner will be the "caller" for the next game so that no one wins twice in a row and because Mo is concerned that I won't be able to play.

Words are claimed by quoting the post with the word and a bingo square from the next column you need start with B and end with O

A player may not use the same word twice in the same game.

The first player to call an instance of the word gets it. (Mo and Quik, for example, can't both use the same post of "I need zinc.", but if two people suggest zinc to a person, then Mo could use one quote and Quik the other)

I am open to other words, but too many more might make the game too easy. I am open to rules suggestions as well.

Edit because auto correct doesn't like Quik and changed her name to quick.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I love line dancing
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Drowning peanut butter
    Eating from the trash
    Wearing trash bags
    Smelly workout clothes
    Commando workouts
    Quest bars
    Donuts
    Eating cocoa powder
    Zinc
    Detox/teatox
    Ice cream for dinner
    Grief bacon

Proposed rules:

Bingo begins this Sunday, February 7 - the game will go until one player has called five eligible words and the next game will begin on the following Sunday. I will be the first "caller" and track each players progress. The winner will be the "caller" for the next game so that no one wins twice in a row and because Mo is concerned that I won't be able to play.

Words are claimed by quoting the post with the word and a bingo square from the next column you need start with B and end with O

The first player to call an instance of the word gets it. (Mo and Quik, for example, can't both use the same post of "I need zinc.", but if two people suggest zinc to a person, then Mo could use one quote and Quik the other)

I am open to other words, but too many more might make the game too easy. I am open to rules suggestions as well.

Got it.....I think
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ñ

No judgement, cream cheese frosting is one of the most delicious things on earth IMO.

1. Give up eating ice cream (I still want to try the Target Cake My Day. If I find it I'll use it as a reward & eat it the day after Lent)
    2. Not buy more processed snacks (I have a ton of protein bars, protein cookies, & ingredients to make my own snacks. There's no excuse).

I was going to say give up soda too, but I need my Diet Mountain Dew to get through my workday.

I've only just found out Lent starts next week. I always give up crisps & chocolate. Going to have to find a way to fit them into my calories for the next 5 days before I have to wave them goodbye!

Good luck! I tried to give up chocolate for Lent once (not Catholic, just talked into it by a co-worker). Lent is LONG!!!

That would be cheating. I have been thinking of trying going vegan again. And not gain 40 lbs like last time. Maybe this is the time?

Can I add something for 40 days if it's a hardship instead of giving up? I am catholic but don't practice but I am sure this must be some loophole not often discussed... You practicing ladies is this possible?

According to Father Mike, if doing something is a greater sacrifice for you than stopping doing something, then yes it's fine. he used the example of running or swimming - I am not sure that counts for you, my triathlete friend. I usually stop doing something and try to do something charitable. For instance, if I give up coffee shop coffee, then I would donate the saved money to Compassion International I stead of spending it on myself. does that help?

An hour a day would be hard, but a short run or swim 3x/week wouldn't be hard for you.

No but for me "lent" I may combine vegan with an hour a day workout. I have been trying and failing at that goal for months
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options

Exactly! I used to eat a Jethro bowl of cereal. I could eat a whole box of Froot Loop Marshmallows in a sitting.

Yes! Someone else uses the the Jethro as a unit of measurement!
    (runs off to tell the Lady)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I have been fudging my calorie total since October due to candy.

Halloween candy?

You could always take the leftovers to work & put it in the break room.

I confess I've ate like a fat pig the past two days (Saturday/Sunday) & have gained a crazy amount of water weight. I'm mad at myself, but will get back to it today.

I still think one of my biggest triggers is eating too early in the morning. I think I'm going to start eating around 11:00 AM for my first meal (the time might fluctuate based off my work schedule) & then eat my later meal around 7-8 at night. This way I figure I can cut down on mindless snacking & at the same time include mini snacks with my main meals.

My trigger is vacation. I was off the last two days and ate so bad. :( I'm going to be up about 5 lbs again! :/

I've been on vacation the past week, and I did the same thing. Total pig out city! I should be better once I go back to work.

Kellyjelly and Froggy, you both had time off from work and birthdays to celebrate. You had reasons to eat delicious things. Back to work, back on track. You've both got this!

1000 calorie pb&j sandwich sounds amazing.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    ñ

No but for me "lent" I may combine vegan with an hour a day workout. I have been trying and failing at that goal for months

I started to say that finding an hour a day would be hard for me and then remembered that most days, I walk on my 30 minutes of lunch break, so I would only be looking for 30 more. The vegan part would get mw though, because I am allergic to coconut and soybeans in addition to having celiac. If I couldn't have Greek yogurt or meat, I would get no protein.
    Father Mike specifically said if you take up running or swimming 3x/week and you haven't been doing it, it will be a sacrifice of your time and energy in order to care for your body and make it more useful to God. That's what Lent is for -- making yourself more useful to God.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I confess that I used Saturday's hike as an excuse to eat for the next two days -because recovery food.

You deserve it! You need to refuel.
    :smiley:
    I am thinking of doing the DC Marathon... Looks like fun and I need a BQ... but not sure I can get myself fast enough in 5 weeks....

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ
    Recovery hike the next day (there are beautiful areas that are much easier than my most recent hike. We could take the tram to the top of Sabino canyon and walk down a four mile paved path) plus Sonoran Mexican food!!!!!!!!! And TKs pool plus @rungirl1973!!! And perfect weather.

Dec would be 2018 not 2017.
    I confess that I used Saturday's hike as an excuse to eat for the next two days -because recovery food.

I am thinking of doing the DC Marathon... Looks like fun and I need a BQ... but not sure I can get myself fast enough in 5 weeks....

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ
    Recovery hike the next day (there are beautiful areas that are much easier than my most recent hike. We could take the tram to the top of Sabino canyon and walk down a four mile paved path) plus Sonoran Mexican food!!!!!!!!! And TKs pool plus @rungirl1973!!! And perfect weather.

Well, you'll need 2018, too... LOL
    I'm hoping to get a decent time in California in May and then hopefully BQ in December for 2018.

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

I'm hoping to get a decent time in California in May and then hopefully BQ in December for 2018.

True....

And if we go together we can spend the weekend in Boston and be tourists! :)

There it is! It all works out so well! :wink:
    For the record - I am running to finish to marathon. That is my goal. Maybe TK will BQ again, if his calves will finally behave again. He ran same year as you POF.

If I'm going to run a BQ in December, I'm really going to have to start training sometime this year...
    And, I still have 15 lbs I want to lose.

I need to be training too. Blister still may need another day to harden up, it is pretty tender and my heels may be bruised. I may eliptical it for a few days. I have 8 of my 10 pounds left to loose. :neutral:

Did you do that on purpose?! :hushed:
    Nope. I'm horrible at phone typing though so we can pretend it was autocorrect. :wink:

Mel, Is loose/lose on the Bingo card? Because if it is, I'm claiming this one! I-19.

Nope. See. Here's the card...

kxridb29fa6w.jpg

YOU JUST MADE THAT! CHEATER! Patricia, Quik's cheating!

Every time I see this post I die from laughing.

I won really fast at my cousin's baby shower playing baby bingo. Her one uncle shouted cheater haha.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ñ

I started to say that finding an hour a day would be hard for me and then remembered that most days, I walk on my 30 minutes of lunch break, so I would only be looking for 30 more. The vegan part would get mw though, because I am allergic to coconut and soybeans in addition to having celiac. If I couldn't have Greek yogurt or meat, I would get no protein.
    Father Mike specifically said if you take up running or swimming 3x/week and you haven't been doing it, it will be a sacrifice of your time and energy in order to care for your body and make it more useful to God. That's what Lent is for -- making yourself more useful to God.

Ok my list will officially be

No Ice Cream
    No to buying more processed snacks (that will be hard with all the Easter goodies)
    Workout for 45 minutes a day
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ñ

Ok my list will officially be

No Ice Cream
    No to buying more processed snacks (that will be hard with all the Easter goodies)
    Workout for 45 minutes a day

Great goals!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

True....

And if we go together we can spend the weekend in Boston and be tourists! :)

There it is! It all works out so well! :wink:
    For the record - I am running to finish to marathon. That is my goal. Maybe TK will BQ again, if his calves will finally behave again. He ran same year as you POF.

If I'm going to run a BQ in December, I'm really going to have to start training sometime this year...
    And, I still have 15 lbs I want to lose.

I need to be training too. Blister still may need another day to harden up, it is pretty tender and my heels may be bruised. I may eliptical it for a few days. I have 8 of my 10 pounds left to loose. :neutral:

Did you do that on purpose?! :hushed:
    Nope. I'm horrible at phone typing though so we can pretend it was autocorrect. :wink:

Mel, Is loose/lose on the Bingo card? Because if it is, I'm claiming this one! I-19.

Nope. See. Here's the card...

kxridb29fa6w.jpg

YOU JUST MADE THAT! CHEATER! Patricia, Quik's cheating!

Every time I see this post I die from laughing.

I won really fast at my cousin's baby shower playing baby bingo. Her one uncle shouted cheater haha.

It makes me laugh every time too. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ñ

Okay Thanks Father Mike. I am in.

1 hour of exercise every day for 40 days
    Return to veganism without gaining 20 lbs like last time.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Drowning peanut butter
    Eating from the trash
    Wearing trash bags
    Smelly workout clothes
    Commando workouts
    Quest bars
    Donuts
    Eating cocoa powder
    Zinc
    Detox/teatox
    Ice cream for dinner
    Grief bacon

Proposed rules:

Well I am going to abstain from playing as everyone thinks I am too strict anyway but... should you include that it has to be an innocent posting from a newbie or are we opening it up to random shout outs of 'I ate out of the trash'?
  • Oberon21
    edited February 2016
    Options
    rawroy wrote: »
    I party on the weekends and that usually involves vodka + 1/2 soda water + 1/2 pure cranberry juice Anyone want to join me!!!? lol

Is it top shelf vodka? Because cheap vodka is nasty.

All vodka is nasty...

ETA except maybe in Bloody Marys. I do like Bloody Marys.
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Given my current week and my terrible eating habits, I'm going to give up chips and chocolate for lent. I'm not Catholic, but I like to follow some of their practices, because they make sense to me.

I had a really rough day yesterday and I'm wondering if a lot of it has to do with the no running thing. I know I'm a happier person when I am able to get my running in, treadmill walking doesn't cut it. I ordered new walking boots, and I'm hoping they come asap so I can take my walking outside. I think that might help a ton.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Drowning peanut butter
    Eating from the trash
    Wearing trash bags
    Smelly workout clothes
    Commando workouts
    Quest bars
    Donuts
    Eating cocoa powder
    Zinc
    Detox/teatox
    Ice cream for dinner
    Grief bacon

Proposed rules:

Well I am going to abstain from playing as everyone thinks I am too strict anyway but... should you include that it has to be an innocent posting from a newbie or are we opening it up to random shout outs of 'I ate out of the trash'?

Innocent posts only, unless the caller randomly posts a word to see if people are paying attention if the game is going slowly. (If I did that, I would put a time limit of an hour for claiming the post.) Not necessarily from newbies, though, because we all talk about zinc and grief bacon. :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Drowning peanut butter
    Eating from the trash
    Wearing trash bags
    Smelly workout clothes
    Commando workouts
    Quest bars
    Donuts
    Eating cocoa powder
    Zinc
    Detox/teatox
    Ice cream for dinner
    Grief bacon

Proposed rules:

OK. I'm in! (To the bolded, I am both!)