Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »

Exactly! I used to eat a Jethro bowl of cereal. I could eat a whole box of Froot Loop Marshmallows in a sitting.

Yes! Someone else uses the the Jethro as a unit of measurement!
    (runs off to tell the Lady)

Hahahhaa
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    ñ
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    *ahem* that might be a good one too, I know I've seen that before.

Yeah, I may have been involved in that original confession.

No judgement, cream cheese frosting is one of the most delicious things on earth IMO.

I ate a whole bag of white chocolate morsels the other day.

Today I am officially kicking my butt back into gear!

For Lent this year I have made up my mind & will

1. Give up eating ice cream (I still want to try the Target Cake My Day. If I find it I'll use it as a reward & eat it the day after Lent)
    2. Not buy more processed snacks (I have a ton of protein bars, protein cookies, & ingredients to make my own snacks. There's no excuse).

I was going to say give up soda too, but I need my Diet Mountain Dew to get through my workday.

I've only just found out Lent starts next week. I always give up crisps & chocolate. Going to have to find a way to fit them into my calories for the next 5 days before I have to wave them goodbye!

I was going to give up wine too,but I don't want to push myself too far...

Good luck! I tried to give up chocolate for Lent once (not Catholic, just talked into it by a co-worker). Lent is LONG!!!

I haven't given up anything for lent in years. Should we do a lent challenge?

I will give up coffee and alcohol. >:)

That would be cheating. I have been thinking of trying going vegan again. And not gain 40 lbs like last time. Maybe this is the time?

Can I add something for 40 days if it's a hardship instead of giving up? I am catholic but don't practice but I am sure this must be some loophole not often discussed... You practicing ladies is this possible?

According to Father Mike, if doing something is a greater sacrifice for you than stopping doing something, then yes it's fine. he used the example of running or swimming - I am not sure that counts for you, my triathlete friend. I usually stop doing something and try to do something charitable. For instance, if I give up coffee shop coffee, then I would donate the saved money to Compassion International I stead of spending it on myself. does that help?

Well making me do an hour of working out every day would be HARD!

An hour a day would be hard, but a short run or swim 3x/week wouldn't be hard for you.

No but for me "lent" I may combine vegan with an hour a day workout. I have been trying and failing at that goal for months

I started to say that finding an hour a day would be hard for me and then remembered that most days, I walk on my 30 minutes of lunch break, so I would only be looking for 30 more. The vegan part would get mw though, because I am allergic to coconut and soybeans in addition to having celiac. If I couldn't have Greek yogurt or meat, I would get no protein.
    Father Mike specifically said if you take up running or swimming 3x/week and you haven't been doing it, it will be a sacrifice of your time and energy in order to care for your body and make it more useful to God. That's what Lent is for -- making yourself more useful to God.

Exactly!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Proposed bingo words are:

Drowning peanut butter
    Eating from the trash
    Wearing trash bags
    Washing your sports bra in the shower
    Smelly workout clothes
    Commando workouts
    White chocolate wonderful
    Addicted to (fill in the blank)
    Quest bars
    My fitbit won't sync/charge
    Donuts
    Eating frosting from the container
    Eating cocoa powder
    Zinc
    Detox/teatox
    Embarrassed/nervous to go to gym
    Ice cream for dinner
    Grief bacon

Proposed rules:

Bingo begins this Sunday, February 7 - the game will go until one player has called five eligible words and the next game will begin on the following Sunday. I will be the first "caller" and track each players progress. The winner will be the "caller" for the next game so that no one wins twice in a row and because Mo is concerned that I won't be able to play.

Words are claimed by quoting the post with the word and a bingo square from the next column you need start with B and end with O

A player may not use the same word twice in the same game.

The first player to call an instance of the word gets it. (Mo and Quik, for example, can't both use the same post of "I need zinc.", but if two people suggest zinc to a person, then Mo could use one quote and Quik the other)

I am open to other words, but too many more might make the game too easy. I am open to rules suggestions as well.

Edit because auto correct doesn't like Quik and changed her name to quick.

Well I am going to abstain from playing as everyone thinks I am too strict anyway but... should you include that it has to be an innocent posting from a newbie or are we opening it up to random shout outs of 'I ate out of the trash'?

Innocent posts only, unless the caller randomly posts a word to see if people are paying attention if the game is going slowly. (If I did that, I would put a time limit of an hour for claiming the post.) Not necessarily from newbies, though, because we all talk about zinc and grief bacon. :)

I was just gonna say that!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

No judgement, cream cheese frosting is one of the most delicious things on earth IMO.

1. Give up eating ice cream (I still want to try the Target Cake My Day. If I find it I'll use it as a reward & eat it the day after Lent)
    2. Not buy more processed snacks (I have a ton of protein bars, protein cookies, & ingredients to make my own snacks. There's no excuse).

I was going to say give up soda too, but I need my Diet Mountain Dew to get through my workday.

I've only just found out Lent starts next week. I always give up crisps & chocolate. Going to have to find a way to fit them into my calories for the next 5 days before I have to wave them goodbye!

Good luck! I tried to give up chocolate for Lent once (not Catholic, just talked into it by a co-worker). Lent is LONG!!!

Huh. Think you'll be able to make it, @MoHousdon?

I'll give up alcohol and Cadbury mini eggs. Oh, wait...

I don't know. The alcohol is looking more and more appealing with each passing day. We're having a company get together tomorrow at a hockey game (the owners of the stadium are treating us to their box) and they are providing a bunch of free food (my favorite of all foods) and drinks. If alcoholic drinks are included, I might just have to have 1. If they're not included, I will stick with my love, DP.

Please don't judge my diary tomorrow. :#

I'm going to judge it hard and send you messages about it just to be a *kitten* :)

Hahahaha! We'll only judge you if you drink an off brand Dr. Pepper.

I had Mr. Pibb at Chipotle last Saturday, but only 1 cup and that was ONLY because they don't have DP and I didn't want Coke Zero. Please don't judge me too much. :#
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I am severely addicted to peanut butter. Especially white chocolate wonderful peanut butter. I have ate 1/3 of the jar in one sitting before when craving something sweet.

Join the club. I could eat my entire calorie allotment in peanut butter every day.

Yes, a serving of PB is quite pathetic and sad.

Agreed. My servings of PB are,about 1/2 a cup... but those calories are SCARY.

I ate an entire jar the 2 days I was stuck at home with snow. A small jar but still...

When Glen measured out his peanut butter and jelly sandwich, it was around 1,000 calories. He was eating one every night before bed on his bulk.

I miss eating pb & j's.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I love line dancing

That DEFINITELY counts as a confession. :laugh:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I confess very little work is going to get done by me today. I'm rocking some 90's hair band Pandora and doing chair dances 'til 1:30 when I leave.
  • Italian_Buju
    edited February 2016
    Options

I don't know. The alcohol is looking more and more appealing with each passing day. We're having a company get together tomorrow at a hockey game (the owners of the stadium are treating us to their box) and they are providing a bunch of free food (my favorite of all foods) and drinks. If alcoholic drinks are included, I might just have to have 1. If they're not included, I will stick with my love, DP.

I'm going to judge it hard and send you messages about it just to be a *kitten* :)

I had Mr. Pibb at Chipotle last Saturday, but only 1 cup and that was ONLY because they don't have DP and I didn't want Coke Zero. Please don't judge me too much. :#

How did it measure up?

ETA: I find it strange that a restaurant would serve a no name soda like that. Here place serve either coke products or pepsi products, but you would never see an off brand like that. Only in stores to buy for at home.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

How did it measure up?

Not even close. However, it wasn't as terrible as I had remembered. Guess that's what happens when you go all week without soda. Almost anything is acceptable. :#
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

How did it measure up?

ETA: I find it strange that a restaurant would serve a no name soda like that. Here place serve either coke products or pepsi products, but you would never see an off brand like that. Only in stores to buy for at home.

Mr. Pibb is actually a Coke product, albeit an obscure one in some regions.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »

How did it measure up?

Mr. Pibb is actually a Coke product, albeit an obscure one in some regions.

*nods*

While we were in Florida, not a single restaurant we went to had DP, but they always ALWAYS offered Mr. Pibb as if that were an acceptable substitute. I felt like asking, "Well, is Monopoly money okay?!"
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Speaking of soda knock-offs, I love that the Hannaford version of Dr. Pepper is Dr. Perky and their Mt. Dew is Mt. Lion! Ha!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Only Dr. Pepper will judge you.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    POF, why did you gain so much when you were vegan? What were you eating? I was vegan for 10ish years and lost a little at first but then maintained without ever counting a calorie. I can't imagine gaining...
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I confess very little work is going to get done by me today. I'm rocking some 90's hair band Pandora and doing chair dances 'til 1:30 when I leave.

We might be listening to the same Pandora station...

And I honestly have been listening to it for a couple of days now. I didn't just turn it on because I want to be you :)
  • kecmw25
    Options
    I love line dancing

That DEFINITELY counts as a confession. :laugh:

I missed this but I love line dancing too!
  • kecmw25
    Options
    Here is my little confession for Friday.

I can't stand it when someone (my husband) takes something out of the microwave before the time is up and they don't push the clear button.

However, I am guilty of doing something that would drive 90% of the world's population absolutely crazy, I leave cupboard doors open all the time.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Here is my little confession for Friday.

I can't stand it when someone (my husband) takes something out of the microwave before the time is up and they don't push the clear button.

However, I am guilty of doing something that would drive 90% of the world's population absolutely crazy, I leave cupboard doors open all the time.

I can't stand the microwave thing!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Speaking of soda knock-offs, I love that the Hannaford version of Dr. Pepper is Dr. Perky and their Mt. Dew is Mt. Lion! Ha!

That's a peculiar name.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

We might be listening to the same Pandora station...

And I honestly have been listening to it for a couple of days now. I didn't just turn it on because I want to be you :)

Suuuure!!!