Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Son is on the mend. His ear stopped bleeding. Infection is decreasing and only ear canal was damaged. He didn't puncture his ear drum. :smile:
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Son is on the mend. His ear stopped bleeding. Infection is decreasing and only ear canal was damaged. He didn't puncture his ear drum. :smile:

Yay! Good news!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Given my current week and my terrible eating habits, I'm going to give up chips and chocolate for lent. I'm not Catholic, but I like to follow some of their practices, because they make sense to me.

I had a really rough day yesterday and I'm wondering if a lot of it has to do with the no running thing. I know I'm a happier person when I am able to get my running in, treadmill walking doesn't cut it. I ordered new walking boots, and I'm hoping they come asap so I can take my walking outside. I think that might help a ton.

I really think you should try the pool running.

I googled it, and I did one of the suggested beginner programs. It was interesting for sure. It just doesn't replace the mind clearing that I get when running, I have to think too much. It may be different after the first time.

Interesting. I have never tried it but I know people who swear by it.... Why do you need to think?

Everything I googled stressed that pool running wasn't just running in the water, you had to pay attention to your posture, and your movements, and all that, and it was to be done in water where you can't touch, so its totally 0 impact, then moving to shallower, and shallower water as you are allowed (I'm guessing as per drs since it was stressed as something to do when dealing with injury). Too much thinking. I don't think when I run other than the usual "is there a car coming?" at crossings. Other than that I usually use that 1-2 hours that I run as a brain dump basically. Makes me far less stressed. Treadmill walking isn't the same. I also think the loss of "outside" time is to blame too.

Who knew? Well enjoy trail walking! I have a half marathon trail race tomorrow. It will be my first trail race. In the snow! I am looking forward to it!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My car failed to show up in Newark so here I sit.....

Noooo. I hope it is not too long.

They turned a car back that was at the Lincoln Tunnel so already headed home. All good. :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Great to hear!
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Given my current week and my terrible eating habits, I'm going to give up chips and chocolate for lent. I'm not Catholic, but I like to follow some of their practices, because they make sense to me.

I had a really rough day yesterday and I'm wondering if a lot of it has to do with the no running thing. I know I'm a happier person when I am able to get my running in, treadmill walking doesn't cut it. I ordered new walking boots, and I'm hoping they come asap so I can take my walking outside. I think that might help a ton.

I googled it, and I did one of the suggested beginner programs. It was interesting for sure. It just doesn't replace the mind clearing that I get when running, I have to think too much. It may be different after the first time.

Interesting. I have never tried it but I know people who swear by it.... Why do you need to think?

Everything I googled stressed that pool running wasn't just running in the water, you had to pay attention to your posture, and your movements, and all that, and it was to be done in water where you can't touch, so its totally 0 impact, then moving to shallower, and shallower water as you are allowed (I'm guessing as per drs since it was stressed as something to do when dealing with injury). Too much thinking. I don't think when I run other than the usual "is there a car coming?" at crossings. Other than that I usually use that 1-2 hours that I run as a brain dump basically. Makes me far less stressed. Treadmill walking isn't the same. I also think the loss of "outside" time is to blame too.

Who knew? Well enjoy trail walking! I have a half marathon trail race tomorrow. It will be my first trail race. In the snow! I am looking forward to it!

Have fun! Trail running is fun. Last winter I did trail running with snow shoes. I hope your race goes well tomorrow.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Good luck. Have fun.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Great to hear!

Yay! Good news!

Yes! Thank you both.
  • getsweaty123go
    getsweaty123go Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I have done that too!!! haha
    I'd also like to confess I just finished my 3rd beer and I'm ready for another one. It will be the 3rd time I have had alcohol this year. I knew I should have just bought singles but the lovely craft ones only come in a box. What's a girl to do? No way I'm pouring water in them and throwing them out. lol
  • getsweaty123go
    Options
    I love all of these. Great thread!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    kristib12 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I have done that too!!! haha
    I'd also like to confess I just finished my 3rd beer and I'm ready for another one. It will be the 3rd time I have had alcohol this year. I knew I should have just bought singles but the lovely craft ones only come in a box. What's a girl to do? No way I'm pouring water in them and throwing them out. lol

No judgement.
  • getsweaty123go
    Options
    Ha, thanks. That's why I love this thread :smiley:
  • Oberon21
    Options

Have fun! Trail running is fun. Last winter I did trail running with snow shoes. I hope your race goes well tomorrow.

Thanks! I'll recap tomorrow!
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Nice. I'm heading to bed.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kristib12 wrote: »
    Ha, thanks. That's why I love this thread :smiley:

It is pretty special. Welcome.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Nice. I'm heading to bed.

Me too!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Yayy this is good news!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I know it's not sunday, but I call bingo!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Good luck today, POF.
    Good job on the eun, Raymax.
    Kellyjelly, your TJ purchase sounds delicious awesome! !
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Glad son is getting better, nonoelmo.