Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Hi
    I decided to try running for 3 miles without stopping today to get ready for the 5K
    This is what I did
    4trn3kxbzciv.png
    Got home and showed hubby
    He smiled and told me he had signed up for the prediction race and guessed 35 minutes.

I'm super excited about this because I haven't run more that a mile strait without stopping before.

Awesome job!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    Superbowl confession: I don't give a rat's a** about the commercials, and would fast forward through them if I wasn't watching it live

can i counter-confess?
    i don't give fuckall about the bowl itself!
    eta: forgot my B)

I don't care about the football, but would watch the ads, and the half time show, if it was any good! This year did not sound good at all. Last year was great.....my fave one in recent years was The Who!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Superbowl confession: I don't give a rat's a** about the commercials, and would fast forward through them if I wasn't watching it live

can i counter-confess?
    i don't give fuckall about the bowl itself!
    eta: forgot my B)

I don't care about the football, but would watch the ads, and the half time show, if it was any good! This year did not sound good at all. Last year was great.....my fave one in recent years was The Who!

I really liked when Tom Petty played.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This was ate today & there were no regrets.

Caramel-Pecan-Cinnabon.png

Not my picture. Cinnabon Caramel Pecan.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I confess I just ate a vegetarian burrito with guacamole from Qdoba in the airport. I will not be under calories. But it was good!

Yum

It was. 950 calories of yum. Oh well I have a half marathon trail run tomorrow I'll burn it off.

I ate a burrito Wednesday that had that many calories and did not run any races :#
    ñ
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    *ahem* that might be a good one too, I know I've seen that before.

Yeah, I may have been involved in that original confession.

No judgement, cream cheese frosting is one of the most delicious things on earth IMO.

I ate a whole bag of white chocolate morsels the other day.

Today I am officially kicking my butt back into gear!

For Lent this year I have made up my mind & will

1. Give up eating ice cream (I still want to try the Target Cake My Day. If I find it I'll use it as a reward & eat it the day after Lent)
    2. Not buy more processed snacks (I have a ton of protein bars, protein cookies, & ingredients to make my own snacks. There's no excuse).

I was going to say give up soda too, but I need my Diet Mountain Dew to get through my workday.

I've only just found out Lent starts next week. I always give up crisps & chocolate. Going to have to find a way to fit them into my calories for the next 5 days before I have to wave them goodbye!

I was going to give up wine too,but I don't want to push myself too far...

Good luck! I tried to give up chocolate for Lent once (not Catholic, just talked into it by a co-worker). Lent is LONG!!!

I haven't given up anything for lent in years. Should we do a lent challenge?

I will give up coffee and alcohol. >:)

That would be cheating. I have been thinking of trying going vegan again. And not gain 40 lbs like last time. Maybe this is the time?

Can I add something for 40 days if it's a hardship instead of giving up? I am catholic but don't practice but I am sure this must be some loophole not often discussed... You practicing ladies is this possible?

According to Father Mike, if doing something is a greater sacrifice for you than stopping doing something, then yes it's fine. he used the example of running or swimming - I am not sure that counts for you, my triathlete friend. I usually stop doing something and try to do something charitable. For instance, if I give up coffee shop coffee, then I would donate the saved money to Compassion International I stead of spending it on myself. does that help?

Well making me do an hour of working out every day would be HARD!

An hour a day would be hard, but a short run or swim 3x/week wouldn't be hard for you.

No but for me "lent" I may combine vegan with an hour a day workout. I have been trying and failing at that goal for months

I started to say that finding an hour a day would be hard for me and then remembered that most days, I walk on my 30 minutes of lunch break, so I would only be looking for 30 more. The vegan part would get mw though, because I am allergic to coconut and soybeans in addition to having celiac. If I couldn't have Greek yogurt or meat, I would get no protein.
    Father Mike specifically said if you take up running or swimming 3x/week and you haven't been doing it, it will be a sacrifice of your time and energy in order to care for your body and make it more useful to God. That's what Lent is for -- making yourself more useful to God.

Ok my list will officially be

No Ice Cream
    No to buying more processed snacks (that will be hard with all the Easter goodies)
    Workout for 45 minutes a day

Great goals!

Of course I stocked up on treats at Trader Joe's today, but you can't blame me since I've never stepped foot in one :p. Since it's not Lent yet it's all good.

I do about half my shopping in TJ's and have since 1991. They are pretty gf friendly. I hope you got things you like. They have the best price of dried fruits and nuts. They have the best price on some other specialty foods that are safe for us to eat. :)

They have California dried apricots, the little gems are practically unheard of in Texas.
    I had the stomach flu all week but yet despite losing my appetite when I saw the THIN MINTS box I couldn't resist downing a handful... usually it would be the whole box but I really felt sick

I hope you feel better. As for the thin mints they went down and assume stayed down you needed fuel right.
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Patricia, thank you for the Valentine card! How sweet you are x <3 x

Also, I need to ask you about feeding horses treats. Is there an etiquette to it? There are 8 horses who live on Batcave Acres at the moment, and I would love to give them treats, but I wondered if it's a no-no unless the owner has specifically approved it? (A bit like how most parents wouldn't be ok with someone randomly giving their kid candy..?) Thoughts?
    My MIL feeds any animal in sight. If they are owned by someone she is never shy about asking if it was ok to feed their animals. Most of the people around here don't mind once they knew they wasn't likely to feed them old stuff.
    ñ

No judgement, cream cheese frosting is one of the most delicious things on earth IMO.

1. Give up eating ice cream (I still want to try the Target Cake My Day. If I find it I'll use it as a reward & eat it the day after Lent)
    2. Not buy more processed snacks (I have a ton of protein bars, protein cookies, & ingredients to make my own snacks. There's no excuse).

I was going to say give up soda too, but I need my Diet Mountain Dew to get through my workday.

I've only just found out Lent starts next week. I always give up crisps & chocolate. Going to have to find a way to fit them into my calories for the next 5 days before I have to wave them goodbye!

Good luck! I tried to give up chocolate for Lent once (not Catholic, just talked into it by a co-worker). Lent is LONG!!!

That would be cheating. I have been thinking of trying going vegan again. And not gain 40 lbs like last time. Maybe this is the time?

Can I add something for 40 days if it's a hardship instead of giving up? I am catholic but don't practice but I am sure this must be some loophole not often discussed... You practicing ladies is this possible?

According to Father Mike, if doing something is a greater sacrifice for you than stopping doing something, then yes it's fine. he used the example of running or swimming - I am not sure that counts for you, my triathlete friend. I usually stop doing something and try to do something charitable. For instance, if I give up coffee shop coffee, then I would donate the saved money to Compassion International I stead of spending it on myself. does that help?

An hour a day would be hard, but a short run or swim 3x/week wouldn't be hard for you.

No but for me "lent" I may combine vegan with an hour a day workout. I have been trying and failing at that goal for months

I started to say that finding an hour a day would be hard for me and then remembered that most days, I walk on my 30 minutes of lunch break, so I would only be looking for 30 more. The vegan part would get mw though, because I am allergic to coconut and soybeans in addition to having celiac. If I couldn't have Greek yogurt or meat, I would get no protein.
    Father Mike specifically said if you take up running or swimming 3x/week and you haven't been doing it, it will be a sacrifice of your time and energy in order to care for your body and make it more useful to God. That's what Lent is for -- making yourself more useful to God.

No Ice Cream
    No to buying more processed snacks (that will be hard with all the Easter goodies)

Great goals!

Of course I stocked up on treats at Trader Joe's today, but you can't blame me since I've never stepped foot in one :p. Since it's not Lent yet it's all good.

I do about half my shopping in TJ's and have since 1991. They are pretty gf friendly. I hope you got things you like. They have the best price of dried fruits and nuts. They have the best price on some other specialty foods that are safe for us to eat. :)

I bought most of the fattening snacks :p.

I got two of the Cookie Butter cheesecakes, Mini Cookie Butter Cheesecake bites, one jar of their cookie spread/chocolate, their cookie spread cookies, & one other package of cookies.

I bought a few of their yogurts which I thought where priced around the same as Wal-Mart, Target, Grocery stores.

I bought this interesting looking Filo cheese spiral & some frozen meals that were priced pretty decently.

My sister didn't buy much but she bought two asparagus bunches since they were $1.99 a bunch. She said that usually around here it's $1.99 a pound.

We went to Whole Foods first, but I didn't see anything that caught my eyes there. They had a decent ice cream section, but nothing that caught my eyes. My youngest niece loved their little customer carts.

If anyone has a Disney store near them they had a good deal on their plush characters. They were Buy one get one for a dollar. I told my niece she could pick out one & get one for a dollar. It averaged out to be around $10.00 each for the stuffed characters. I thought we would be in there all day since she kept picking them up & putting them down. She ended up getting Anna & Sven (Frozen).

She wanted to make sure she got the right one. Good for her. I'm glad you were patient with her.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited February 2016
    Options
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I decided to try running for 3 miles without stopping today to get ready for the 5K
    This is what I did
    4trn3kxbzciv.png
    Got home and showed hubby
    He smiled and told me he had signed up for the prediction race and guessed 35 minutes.

I'm super excited about this because I haven't run more that a mile strait without stopping before.

This is great! I am so excited for you! Congratulations!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Patricia, thank you for the Valentine card! How sweet you are x <3 x

Also, I need to ask you about feeding horses treats. Is there an etiquette to it? There are 8 horses who live on Batcave Acres at the moment, and I would love to give them treats, but I wondered if it's a no-no unless the owner has specifically approved it? (A bit like how most parents wouldn't be ok with someone randomly giving their kid candy..?) Thoughts?

I would ask the owner. But typically carrots or apples are fine but you should ask just to be polite. Or peppermints! Some horses bite so you want to be sure you get a sense of the horses. Also make sure you hold your hand completely flat they will then just pick it up off your hand. People make the mistake of wrapping their fingers around the food so the horses accidentally bite them.

A lot of owners discourage hand feeding because it can lead to biting behavior or the horses being pushy or rude. Which you don't want to teach them. :)

You'll have to take pictures and post or send them to me. I can't wait to see them!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    Given my current week and my terrible eating habits, I'm going to give up chips and chocolate for lent. I'm not Catholic, but I like to follow some of their practices, because they make sense to me.

I had a really rough day yesterday and I'm wondering if a lot of it has to do with the no running thing. I know I'm a happier person when I am able to get my running in, treadmill walking doesn't cut it. I ordered new walking boots, and I'm hoping they come asap so I can take my walking outside. I think that might help a ton.

I really think you should try the pool running.

I googled it, and I did one of the suggested beginner programs. It was interesting for sure. It just doesn't replace the mind clearing that I get when running, I have to think too much. It may be different after the first time.

Interesting. I have never tried it but I know people who swear by it.... Why do you need to think?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Speaking of soda knock-offs, I love that the Hannaford version of Dr. Pepper is Dr. Perky and their Mt. Dew is Mt. Lion! Ha!

Hahaha. Mt. Lion is amazing! That made me laugh out loud at work.

Isn't it awesome!? Tim and I laughed so hard when we first saw it!

It took me a while. I guess because mountain lion? Mt. Lion?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ñ

No Ice Cream

Great goals!

You have until wed....
  • raymax4
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Here is my little confession for Friday.

I can't stand it when someone (my husband) takes something out of the microwave before the time is up and they don't push the clear button.

However, I am guilty of doing something that would drive 90% of the world's population absolutely crazy, I leave cupboard doors open all the time.

I can't stand the microwave thing!

Omg, this drives me almost as crazy as his moronic way of loading the dishwasher!!!

Does he lay bowls flat as if to take up the most space possible?

Yes. He also puts every piece of silverware in the same little section of the silverware holder..instead of spreading them out so they actually get clean! Also doesn't load from front to back or vice versa. It's just wherever he happens to think looks good. So we have clumps of dishes piled on top of each other and then wide open spaces..etc. the list goes on and on.

Tim and Jay clearly received the same dishwasher loading training. It takes every ounce of my willpower to not re-load it.

I HAVE to reload it. I can't leave it. I have told him over and over to not even bother (which I thought was maybe his plan in loading so horribly to begin with) but he STILL does it. I've explained the right way about a million times yet it doesn't sink in. OR he is just purposely trying to annoy me...which is very well a possibility. :neutral:

So... I never use my dishwasher except periodically because my mom told me to run it to keep it working. Sometimes I run it empty. What is the right way to load it?

Not empty! I wish I had the problem that requires me to run my dishwasher on empty because I don't have enough dishes!

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ñ

No Ice Cream

Great goals!

You have until wed....

There should be no other treats I need to buy until then.

I'll still eat snacks/dessert, but won't buy anymore until after Easter.

Usually the only things around Easter that I buy are the occasional Peep package, Russell Stover eggs, & Cadbury Mini Creme Eggs (these are way too sweet so I usually only buy one of those).
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I had the stomach flu all week but yet despite losing my appetite when I saw the THIN MINTS box I couldn't resist downing a handful... usually it would be the whole box but I really felt sick

Sorry you've felt bad. Thin mints are better than nothing, I guess?
  • raymax4
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Huh. Think you'll be able to make it, @MoHousdon?

I'll give up alcohol and Cadbury mini eggs. Oh, wait...

I don't know. The alcohol is looking more and more appealing with each passing day. We're having a company get together tomorrow at a hockey game (the owners of the stadium are treating us to their box) and they are providing a bunch of free food (my favorite of all foods) and drinks. If alcoholic drinks are included, I might just have to have 1. If they're not included, I will stick with my love, DP.

Please don't judge my diary tomorrow. :#

I'm going to judge it hard and send you messages about it just to be a *kitten* :)

Hahahaha! We'll only judge you if you drink an off brand Dr. Pepper.

I had Mr. Pibb at Chipotle last Saturday, but only 1 cup and that was ONLY because they don't have DP and I didn't want Coke Zero. Please don't judge me too much. :#

How did it measure up?

ETA: I find it strange that a restaurant would serve a no name soda like that. Here place serve either coke products or pepsi products, but you would never see an off brand like that. Only in stores to buy for at home.

Mr. Pibb is actually a Coke product, albeit an obscure one in some regions.

*nods*

While we were in Florida, not a single restaurant we went to had DP, but they always ALWAYS offered Mr. Pibb as if that were an acceptable substitute. I felt like asking, "Well, is Monopoly money okay?!"
    I agree with you on that. There is no substitute for DP.

I can't stand it when someone (my husband) takes something out of the microwave before the time is up and they don't push the clear button.

However, I am guilty of doing something that would drive 90% of the world's population absolutely crazy, I leave cupboard doors open all the time.

Haha. That's one of mine too, and I'm judging you for leaving cupboard doors open. Judging you SO MUCH. :wink:

I judge myself!! Every time I walk in the kitchen and think 'who left the cupboard door open?' Wait...that was me :blush:

Busting out laughing. Me too.

Haha. That's one of mine too, and I'm judging you for leaving cupboard doors open. Judging you SO MUCH. :wink:

It drives me crazy when my wife initiates an 8 oz pour of water in a glass from our fridge dispenser, walks away, and forgets about it, leaving a full glass just sitting there! She does it like 2-3 times a day :'(

I would ask how she forgets it, but I have 4 kids so I think I know...mom pours water for self, someone yells out, "hey, mom" and mom never makes it back to the kitchen.

Yep that is the answer. I've taken to putting my water in a spill proof cup that holds 6 glasses of water. I try to keep it with me but often red to do something then tell myself I have to find the glass so I can drink. At times I am surprised at how little or much I have had.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I can't stand the microwave thing!

Omg, this drives me almost as crazy as his moronic way of loading the dishwasher!!!

Does he lay bowls flat as if to take up the most space possible?

Yes. He also puts every piece of silverware in the same little section of the silverware holder..instead of spreading them out so they actually get clean! Also doesn't load from front to back or vice versa. It's just wherever he happens to think looks good. So we have clumps of dishes piled on top of each other and then wide open spaces..etc. the list goes on and on.

Tim and Jay clearly received the same dishwasher loading training. It takes every ounce of my willpower to not re-load it.

I HAVE to reload it. I can't leave it. I have told him over and over to not even bother (which I thought was maybe his plan in loading so horribly to begin with) but he STILL does it. I've explained the right way about a million times yet it doesn't sink in. OR he is just purposely trying to annoy me...which is very well a possibility. :neutral:

So... I never use my dishwasher except periodically because my mom told me to run it to keep it working. Sometimes I run it empty. What is the right way to load it?

Not empty! I wish I had the problem that requires me to run my dishwasher on empty because I don't have enough dishes!

I usually just have soup bowls, my blender and glasses and cat bowls. I pretty much wash them by hand.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My car failed to show up in Newark so here I sit.....
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    My car failed to show up in Newark so here I sit.....

Noooo. I hope it is not too long.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    ñ

No Ice Cream

Great goals!

You have until wed....

There should be no other treats I need to buy until then.

I'll still eat snacks/dessert, but won't buy anymore until after Easter.

Usually the only things around Easter that I buy are the occasional Peep package, Russell Stover eggs, & Cadbury Mini Creme Eggs (these are way too sweet so I usually only buy one of those).

It sounds like you had a wonderful day overall!!!
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Given my current week and my terrible eating habits, I'm going to give up chips and chocolate for lent. I'm not Catholic, but I like to follow some of their practices, because they make sense to me.

I had a really rough day yesterday and I'm wondering if a lot of it has to do with the no running thing. I know I'm a happier person when I am able to get my running in, treadmill walking doesn't cut it. I ordered new walking boots, and I'm hoping they come asap so I can take my walking outside. I think that might help a ton.

I really think you should try the pool running.

I googled it, and I did one of the suggested beginner programs. It was interesting for sure. It just doesn't replace the mind clearing that I get when running, I have to think too much. It may be different after the first time.

Interesting. I have never tried it but I know people who swear by it.... Why do you need to think?

Everything I googled stressed that pool running wasn't just running in the water, you had to pay attention to your posture, and your movements, and all that, and it was to be done in water where you can't touch, so its totally 0 impact, then moving to shallower, and shallower water as you are allowed (I'm guessing as per drs since it was stressed as something to do when dealing with injury). Too much thinking. I don't think when I run other than the usual "is there a car coming?" at crossings. Other than that I usually use that 1-2 hours that I run as a brain dump basically. Makes me far less stressed. Treadmill walking isn't the same. I also think the loss of "outside" time is to blame too.