Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    ~~~Public service announcement~~~~

I have discovered I am more inclined to eat my salad if i build it so that all the nice things (chicken, feta, sweetcorn) are at the bottom and all the lettuce and cabbage etc are piled on top. I have to eat my way through the greenery to get to the 'treats'*.

*this works best when served in a bowl

~~~end of public service announcement~~~

That is funny! I love salad. I eat tons of it.

Funny & practical.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just literally wasted an hour reading through 13 pages of that crazy oreo thread. It prompted me to eat a whole sleeve of thin mints (who knew they were also vegan?) and now I feel sick. Thanks, MFP.

thin mints are vegan?!
    (brb, finding thin mints.)
    in other news, I have now eaten a ridiculous amount of french fries two days in a row, and skipped jiu jitsu. Also, I have this ridiculous fear of making phone calls and it took me something like an hour to work up the nerve to make one today. When am I going to be a real adult?

Yep, soy and wheat but no dairy...!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Just when I thought I was going to have to take some money out of savings for our bathroom remodel, I got a partial refund check from the anesthesiologist from last year's colonoscopy (insurance paid after I paid out of pocket). Life is good. :)
  • rungirl1973
    Options

I have discovered I am more inclined to eat my salad if i build it so that all the nice things (chicken, feta, sweetcorn) are at the bottom and all the lettuce and cabbage etc are piled on top. I have to eat my way through the greenery to get to the 'treats'*.

Yep. If all the good stuff is on top, I'll eat that first and leave half the greens.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So, I just registered for the JFK 50 miler. 9 months to get ready. I am recommitting myself to running (or that day is going to be really really really really painful). It's the start of the month, a good time to get back on track.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Just when I thought I was going to have to take some money out of savings for our bathroom remodel, I got a partial refund check from the anesthesiologist from last year's colonoscopy (insurance paid after I paid out of pocket). Life is good. :)

Yay! Good news!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Okay, I just literally wasted an hour reading through 13 pages of that crazy oreo thread. It prompted me to eat a whole sleeve of thin mints (who knew they were also vegan?) and now I feel sick. Thanks, MFP.

thin mints are vegan?!
    in other news, I have now eaten a ridiculous amount of french fries two days in a row, and skipped jiu jitsu. Also, I have this ridiculous fear of making phone calls and it took me something like an hour to work up the nerve to make one today. When am I going to be a real adult?

Nice!

Isn't it true that the same company that makes Keebler cookies also makes Girl Scout cookies?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    So, I just registered for the JFK 50 miler. 9 months to get ready. I am recommitting myself to running (or that day is going to be really really really really painful). It's the start of the month, a good time to get back on track.

You can do it!

Have you ever ran that one before?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

I will be employing this method of eating salad henceforth!! Thank you!!
  • rungirl1973
    Options

Eek!
  • Oberon21
    Options

You can do it!

No i have never done an ultra before. This will be my first.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

:)
  • Oberon21
    Options

thin mints are vegan?!

Nice!

Isn't it true that the same company that makes Keebler cookies also makes Girl Scout cookies?

I don't know!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yikes good luck. You can do it.

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options

You can do it!

No i have never done an ultra before. This will be my first.

Wow you are amazing!!! I wouldn't even know how to start training for that!
  • Rachel0778
    Options

thin mints are vegan?!

Real adulting is overrated. What kind of Jiu Jitsu do you do? I just started back up on BJJ on Saturday, I didn't realize how much I missed it until I was on the mats again.
  • Rachel0778
    Options

+1, plus then the dressing gets mostly on the green things so they are more likely to taste awesome
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »

thin mints are vegan?!

Real adulting is overrated. What kind of Jiu Jitsu do you do? I just started back up on BJJ on Saturday, I didn't realize how much I missed it until I was on the mats again.

I do BJJ too :) (well, I just started.)
  • Rachel0778
    Options

thin mints are vegan?!

That's awesome! I'm definitely firmly in the newbie camp too. I always get so excited when I hear another girl is training. I'm sadly the only one at my new gym.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

thin mints are vegan?!

That's awesome! I'm definitely firmly in the newbie camp too. I always get so excited when I hear another girl is training. I'm sadly the only one at my new gym.

That's too bad! There's another girl who started at the same time I did, so we can be confused together XD which is great.