Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Okay, I just literally wasted an hour reading through 13 pages of that crazy oreo thread. It prompted me to eat a whole sleeve of thin mints (who knew they were also vegan?) and now I feel sick. Thanks, MFP.

thin mints are vegan?!
    (brb, finding thin mints.)
    in other news, I have now eaten a ridiculous amount of french fries two days in a row, and skipped jiu jitsu. Also, I have this ridiculous fear of making phone calls and it took me something like an hour to work up the nerve to make one today. When am I going to be a real adult?

Real adulting is overrated. What kind of Jiu Jitsu do you do? I just started back up on BJJ on Saturday, I didn't realize how much I missed it until I was on the mats again.

I do BJJ too :) (well, I just started.)

That's awesome! I'm definitely firmly in the newbie camp too. I always get so excited when I hear another girl is training. I'm sadly the only one at my new gym.

What is BJJ?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just literally wasted an hour reading through 13 pages of that crazy oreo thread. It prompted me to eat a whole sleeve of thin mints (who knew they were also vegan?) and now I feel sick. Thanks, MFP.

thin mints are vegan?!
    in other news, I have now eaten a ridiculous amount of french fries two days in a row, and skipped jiu jitsu. Also, I have this ridiculous fear of making phone calls and it took me something like an hour to work up the nerve to make one today. When am I going to be a real adult?

Real adulting is overrated. What kind of Jiu Jitsu do you do? I just started back up on BJJ on Saturday, I didn't realize how much I missed it until I was on the mats again.

That's awesome! I'm definitely firmly in the newbie camp too. I always get so excited when I hear another girl is training. I'm sadly the only one at my new gym.

What is BJJ?

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @WestCoastJo82 I wanted you to know I mailed in my voter registration today. We MUST STOP DONALD TRUMP.

Now, of course, I have no idea who to vote for but I sure want to vote against him.

Yes!!!!! Here's a non-partisan, quick quiz thing you can take that tells you which canidate is closest to your own views.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/ns/societly-vaa/

Confirmed what I already knew. Go Bernie!!

Feeling the Bern, me too!

I got Ben Carson. But I had so many 'it depends' in my head when I answered the question that I have no idea if it's right or not...

I've met him. He is a smart man and seems to be sincere and kind, if that means anything to you. He spoke at a conference I attended once.

I've talked to Donald Trump on the phone. He is a rude, bullying con man and I would cut off my hand before I voted for him. He was trying to get me to knock $20000 off of an invoice for construction work. Um, no, I didn't even have that authority. We accountants bill out what our engineers say is complete. I ended up having the president of my company call him back. The work he said we hadn't done wasn't part of our contract so no, we didn't take it off our bill.

I remember this. The people at my gym were saying they knew people who worked for him and that he was good to his employees. I used this story as an example of how he is a jerk.

I think maybe he is nice until someone tells him "no". It's not a word I think he hears often. (he would not be the first incredibly wealthy person to have that problem.)
  • Oberon21
    Options

thin mints are vegan?!

What is BJJ?

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Ah and what does that involve?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

thin mints are vegan?!

What is BJJ?

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

I think it is very active. One guy I dated was very into it. He had lost 100 lbs. he looked great. He was not right for me so I cant explain more - just an intense workout.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    ~~~Public service announcement~~~~

I have discovered I am more inclined to eat my salad if i build it so that all the nice things (chicken, feta, sweetcorn) are at the bottom and all the lettuce and cabbage etc are piled on top. I have to eat my way through the greenery to get to the 'treats'*.

*this works best when served in a bowl

~~~end of public service announcement~~~

:) Sounds like a nice treasure hunt
  • raymax4
    Options
    So, I just registered for the JFK 50 miler. 9 months to get ready. I am recommitting myself to running (or that day is going to be really really really really painful). It's the start of the month, a good time to get back on track.

That is a long distance! Where is this massive run?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @crosbylee and @quiksylver296 Happy Birthday!!!! LeeAnn I sent your card on Monday so it might be a bit late. Tami you never gave up your address so this is your happy birthday!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    So, I just registered for the JFK 50 miler. 9 months to get ready. I am recommitting myself to running (or that day is going to be really really really really painful). It's the start of the month, a good time to get back on track.

Virginia and Maryland. It's a trail run so I need to get training!
  • raymax4
    Options

Virginia and Maryland. It's a trail run so I need to get training!

Hoooaaah!
  • raymax4
    Options
    Today my waitress was wearing this!
    ifug8nhtfhgy.jpeg
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes @Oberon21 !!! I plan to eat today and not worry about it.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ifug8nhtfhgy.jpeg

This is too funny
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Thanks for the birthday wishes @Oberon21 !!! I plan to eat today and not worry about it.

I would too!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options

thin mints are vegan?!

What is BJJ?

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

It's a combat sport. If you've ever watched the UFC (cagefighting) it's what the fighters do when they go to the ground. A lot of grappling, submissions, chokes, etc.

Since I'm not a fighter, it more feels like intense wrestling sessions with really talented friends lol.

@crosbylee and @quiksylver296 Happy Birthday!!!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    ifug8nhtfhgy.jpeg

Best shirt ever! Now I want pancakes lol
  • raymax4
    Options
    Quick and crosbylee think on this!
    n4b7562v3ayh.jpeg
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/of/36w3c3 cbz8x.jpeg[/img]
    In the spirit of all the newbies, it is written so it must be so. At least for today!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    ifug8nhtfhgy.jpeg

THAT. IS. AWESOME!
  • quiksylver296
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the b-day wishes, all!

So far, it's been fun! I got free birthday caffeine from Dutch Bros. My son decided we are going to Olive Garden for dinner. Then my husband is going to the gym with me as my spotter so I can figure out my one rep max on all my lifts. I'm super excited about this! :p
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Quick and crosbylee think on this!
    n4b7562v3ayh.jpeg
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/of/36w3c3 cbz8x.jpeg[/img]
    In the spirit of all the newbies, it is written so it must be so. At least for today!

Good to know, I will then have a lot of salad for my birthday!!