Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Idle_Moon
    Idle_Moon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Me: "I saved some pictures of fit women as motivation."
    Male friend: "Well... We've pictures of women too as motivation..."

:flushed:
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am irrationally angry at my employers right now. They bought birthday cake "for everyone." Only there are three people in my department who can't eat it and they made no effort to provide an alternative for us. Thanks so much. It's hard enough to have celiac when everyone isn't singling you out for not participating in the party.

I'm sorry,
    It stinks that you can't participate by eating some cake. It is hard enough to have this problem without people acting like you are trying to be special.

Since they know you actually have a medical problem that has serious side effects one would think they would be a little more sensitive towards your feelings
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,440 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Okay @quiksylver296 vacation is over for me. Reboot. Day 1 #nomorealcohol

Today is my day! Day 1 #nomorealcohol
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Okay @quiksylver296 vacation is over for me. Reboot. Day 1 #nomorealcohol

Today is my day! Day 1 #nomorealcohol

Well I haven't been doing too great, so I'll join you again on Day 1 #nomorealcohol

I do much better when I am doing it with you.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Idle_Moon wrote: »
    Today, I had a meeting with friends whom I haven't see in a long time. The friend's husband first response: Wooooow, you've lost so much weight! How?!

It was funny and actually refreshing. Apparently, my body changed a lot. Even when I'm not noticing it. Everyone commented how great I look now. I'm very motivated to lose those last 10 lbs now. :smile:

This is great! Congratulations!
  • raymax4
    Options
    Idle_Moon wrote: »
    Today, I had a meeting with friends whom I haven't see in a long time. The friend's husband first response: Wooooow, you've lost so much weight! How?!

It was funny and actually refreshing. Apparently, my body changed a lot. Even when I'm not noticing it. Everyone commented how great I look now. I'm very motivated to lose those last 10 lbs now. :smile:
    t13ugp1dwqd2.jpg
    You are making life changes and it shows. Congrats!
  • raymax4
    Options
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Day 5 of #noalcohol! And it's weighing on my mind. I find myself thinking about alcohol A LOT! I may need to just completely quit, forever and always...
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Vacation was good. But I ate all the foodz, and am now back up in the 180's - 183.4 to be exact. Smurfing kittens. First mini-goal, back into the 170's...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Vacation was good. But I ate all the foodz, and am now back up in the 180's - 183.4 to be exact. Smurfing kittens. First mini-goal, back into the 170's...

I am in the same boat on both cases. I still can't get back to previous strike weight and I am still struggling with getting back to zero alcohol. I think totally quitting is the only way. I never even thought about it after 6 months. Now it's my go to again after a stressful day at work.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I am in the same boat on both cases. I still can't get back to previous strike weight and I am still struggling with getting back to zero alcohol. I think totally quitting is the only way. I never even thought about it after 6 months. Now it's my go to again after a stressful day at work.

You can both do this. You're strong, talented women.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Sunset

These were beautiful.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I just signed up for a new half marathon on 10/9... the Shades of Death Half Marathon. And they have a "Devil's Race" that is 6.66 miles.

I just HAD to sign up for this.

http://shadesofdeath.org
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I need some new motivation. It has gotten so quiet in here I miss the old interactions. I have signed up for a new few threads (bookmarked) that reminded me a bit of the old motivational exchanges. While I doubt I'll ever find the open, unjudgemental thread that was fast and furious and fun, I am going to try.

Any suggestions from anyone of a thread that reminds you of this early days of this one?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I need some new motivation. It has gotten so quiet in here I miss the old interactions. I have signed up for a new few threads (bookmarked) that reminded me a bit of the old motivational exchanges. While I doubt I'll ever find the open, unjudgemental thread that was fast and furious and fun, I am going to try.

Any suggestions from anyone of a thread that reminds you of this early days of this one?

:cry:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

:cry:

Ah, life keeps moving, and things change, right? I am not leaving here, but could use a fun new discussion to participate in. I really need some motivation. Like Quik, I am not doing so well right now on keeping on track with my goals.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Count me in also on the not doing well with keeping on track with my goals. This summer has brought some stressors that I haven't dealt with in very constructive ways, so I have regained some of my weight. I have committed myself to a 12 week program once again. I am doing well with the exercise part, but my nutrition has sucked. My afternoons are getting crowded with me trying to find things to eat again. Sometimes I really dislike my relations.....at least they haven't driven me to drink, yet.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I just signed up for a new half marathon on 10/9... the Shades of Death Half Marathon. And they have a "Devil's Race" that is 6.66 miles.

I just HAD to sign up for this.

http://shadesofdeath.org

That looks fun... :#
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I haven't found anything...