Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Books are life! I'm currently devouring (as in I bought it yesterday and I'm almost done....) the newest Harry Potter installment, which is a rehersal script for the play that's coming out. I was away camping for 5 days and finished two books during that time, I cannot fathom not enjoying reading.

I love reading too, but just find it so hard to find the time! I have had the same two books on go all year this year!

I read on the bus which is how I get around town so that's my time plus I don't watch a bunch of tv etc so I binge read instead of binge watch.

Yeah this is why I don't have TV. If I have the time I'd rather read.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Books are life! I'm currently devouring (as in I bought it yesterday and I'm almost done....) the newest Harry Potter installment, which is a rehersal script for the play that's coming out. I was away camping for 5 days and finished two books during that time, I cannot fathom not enjoying reading.

I love reading too, but just find it so hard to find the time! I have had the same two books on go all year this year!

I read on the bus which is how I get around town so that's my time plus I don't watch a bunch of tv etc so I binge read instead of binge watch.

Yeah this is why I don't have TV. If I have the time I'd rather read.

Same! (although I have a TV, cuz football!)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

I take the bus too but rides are usually 15 minutes or less so I rarely would take a book out. At home I prefer TV as I can multi task. I can listen to news while cooking and cleaning and watch something light while online. I can't do anything else while reading.

Also when I read I almost always fall asleep, lol....and often find my mind wanders and then realize I have no idea -what I read on the last four pages and have to go back and re-read (OCD), so I am super slow.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Lesson learned ... don't put electronics and water in the same bag.

Oops... :#

Definitely a dead laptop. And miifi. My hard drive crashed 3 weeks ago. Now my whole computer is dead. This guy really wanted to die.

IT recovered the harddrive and gave me a new shell. Back in business!!!!!!!!!!

Now to order a new mifi....
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    And speaking of books, I have been invited to a baby shower later this month and the parents have requested instead of cards, please bring a book for Baby.

This is apparently quite common now. There have been a few showers at work where we have done this. What was yours?

A book of counting rhymes. I thought about buying two, the rhymes book and Little Men. I may still do it. Little Men is a classic.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Bathroom complete.

Before:
    j4j4y7b8uwxj.jpg

• Oberon21
    Options
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Thursday's SL 5x5

We hadn't been to the gym for over a week, and I was feeling it!!! I was supposed to deload, but I didn't. I'm sure that's going to be a decision I regret later. :flushed:

Squats - 150 lbs. 5x5 THESE WERE ROUGH but I completed them. ALL OF THEM!!! This ties my PR back at the beginning of the year! We'll see if I can progress from here.
    Bench - 113 lbs. 5/5/5/4/5 :frowning: After busting out those squats, this weight felt impossible and on my last rep of my fourth set, I brought the bar down too low for too long and just couldn't push it back up. I'm still happy with my progress, so I wasn't too disappointed.
    Rows - 95 lbs. 5x5 This was the only weight that I deloaded on, but it was only for 5 lbs. These felt good, and I should be able to move up to 100 lbs. next time.

We ended up going to the gym with some guys from church and we shut the place down!!! The coolest part about last night was that Mr. Mo and I were giving them lifting advice and that felt AWESOME!!!

Last night was just a great night!!!

Your energy amazes me!
  • raymax4
    Options
    After
    6n68rfq5008a.jpg
    zkagqno1p5da.jpg

Nice!
    I Ike the smoother look.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    After
    6n68rfq5008a.jpg
    zkagqno1p5da.jpg

Nice!
    I Ike the smoother look.

I was not responsible for the last decorative effort. It just took me 10 years to get rid of it!
  • raymax4
    Options
    After
    6n68rfq5008a.jpg
    zkagqno1p5da.jpg

Nice!
    I Ike the smoother look.

I was not responsible for the last decorative effort. It just took me 10 years to get rid of it!

Indeed many of the things in our household are the same way.
    At this time it's livable Abe we have other priorities.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    After
    6n68rfq5008a.jpg
    zkagqno1p5da.jpg

Nice!
    I Ike the smoother look.

Indeed many of the things in our household are the same way.
    At this time it's livable Abe we have other priorities.

I had to split it over 2 years and 2 bonuses. My view was I really needed to do it in case I get laid off (which I always worry about) I needed to have it updated to sell. I'd rather do that when I have a job then when I am panicking about not having a job!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Day 12 of #noalcohol. We're going to MMA fights Friday night, and it's going to be hard to resist.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Day 12 of #noalcohol. We're going to MMA fights Friday night, and it's going to be hard to resist.

I know you can do it!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Day 7 #nomorealcohol

Yeah, I'd have to drink to get through an MMA fight. :D
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Day 7 #nomorealcohol

I think our reasonings are different... :p
  • Oberon21
    Options

Day 7 #nomorealcohol

I think our reasonings are different... :p

Without a doubt. But you are silly. I am right on this one. MMA = GROSS!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Day 8 #nomorealcohol