Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I got my fitbit for the work employee wellness program today. They call it StepWell. If you join the program, they will pay you $25/mo that you average 7000 steps per day. Since I walk all the time and the flex was only $25, participating is a no-brainer for me. I had 7500 steps when I got home from work today. Then I went to Target, where a set of three pastel bands for the flex was on sale. I confess that I spent $15 because I think black is boring and I don't want to look like everyone else.

I would have done the same. I wish I was paid for walking. I'd never sit down!!!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I love that, Wendy. You might give yourself a concussion riding a bike (me) or break your leg hiking (you), but you will have lived your life instead of merely passing time.
    Yes I think it is fitting motivational quote for me, sounds like for you too!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I confess that I dread going to work tomorrow because i have a new employee to train. I am not a teacher or I would be a teacher, not a bean counter.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I confess that I dread going to work tomorrow because i have a new employee to train. I am not a teacher or I would be a teacher, not a bean counter.

Right? I don't know what I am going to do when I have to train because I am so effiecient at my job that I waste A LOT of time on mfp, reading blogs, etc. I bet I only actually work 4 hours of my 8 hour day and I don't know how I am going to fill the time in when I train.
  • raymax4
    Options

Wait!?! You do Boy Scouts and Sunday school and have children. You are to a teacher.
    Just be your awesome self.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

Wait!?! You do Boy Scouts and Sunday school and have children. You are to a teacher.

You're the second person to say that to me in two days, Wendy. I'll take it under consideration. But, I am Cub Scout leader and Sunday School teacher because other adults wouldn't do it. I have autism. It's hard to teach people who don't and will never think like me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I freaking love twizzlers!!!!!!!

IIFYM! (Although I freaking HATE Twizzlers, and all licorice... :D )

..... so I'm a freak of nature and love black licorice....

All black licorice is within the scope of my enjoyment

Love black licorice! And red! All licorice is good, but I think its cherry I like (is it strawberry that tastes funny? or vice versa?)

Ugh black licorice & black jelly beans are nasty!

My nieces & nephews like those Wax Coke Bottle candies.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hubbys picture on Mt Princeton.
    l5opvk1ixche.jpeg

Great pictures! Love the one of your whole family way up high.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I had a McDonald's Cheeseburger today. It was within my calorie limits, but the first time I have had complex carbs in weeks. I feel guilty and it really wasn't that good. Totally not worth the 300 calories I had to give up at dinner.

The past few times I've had a Big Mac or Double Quarter Pounder With Cheese I too thought of it as a waste of calories.

Don't even get me started on the waste of calories I used with the Hardee's cheeseburger.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Tonight's amazing sunset!

ofqgptthvto0.jpeg

Gorgeous picture!

I so need an eye blinky camera that @mohousdon & Susie are supposed to make!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    45 minutes!!!

cg4y2mbt18mi.jpg

I wish we could so do that!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

You're the second person to say that to me in two days, Wendy. I'll take it under consideration. But, I am Cub Scout leader and Sunday School teacher because other adults wouldn't do it. I have autism. It's hard to teach people who don't and will never think like me.

One of the things I taught when I was training trainers how to train is to figure out how the trainee learns and then teach to their learning style. You cannot teach someone to learn the way you learn. You have to teach in they way they learn - very hard, but super effective. We used Kolb's four basic learning styles:

Active Experimentation - basically let me screw with it til I figure it out. I'm not scared to "break" it, I'll just try it another way next time if I do. (This is me!)
    Concrete Experience - I need to tie this new learning experience to something I already know how to do.
    Reflective Observation - I need to think this over, and over, and over, before I touch it and try it (These ones drive me nuts). I am scared to "break" it.
    Abstract Conceptualization - I need to understand the 'why' behind it. Many similarities with Reflective Observation.

http://www.simplypsychology.org/learning-kolb.html

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Right? I don't know what I am going to do when I have to train because I am so efficient at my job that I waste A LOT of time on mfp, reading blogs, etc. I bet I only actually work 4 hours of my 8 hour day and I don't know how I am going to fill the time in when I train.

YES!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    This is a confession...

pxo5vnc9d3o4.png

So your closet looks like mine...

I have a ginormous walk-in closet...and yes, it's filled!

Well you've seen pictures of mine! And it's all mine... no hubby taking up any space. But I am slowly working my system and donating some of it...
  • Oberon21
    Options

Love black licorice! And red! All licorice is good, but I think its cherry I like (is it strawberry that tastes funny? or vice versa?)

Are those the ones you bite open and drink the fluid? I vaguely remember those from when I was a kid.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    This is a confession...

pxo5vnc9d3o4.png

Well you've seen pictures of mine! And it's all mine... no hubby taking up any space. But I am slowly working my system and donating some of it...

;) Mine's all mine, too. His and hers walk-ins. My master suite is glorious. The joys of building your own house to your specifications, when your brother-in-law is the builder.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Are those the ones you bite open and drink the fluid? I vaguely remember those from when I was a kid.

Speaking of nasty...
  • Oberon21
    Options

One of the things I taught when I was training trainers how to train is to figure out how the trainee learns and then teach to their learning style. You cannot teach someone to learn the way you learn. You have to teach in they way they learn - very hard, but super effective. We used Kolb's four basic learning styles:

Active Experimentation - basically let me screw with it til I figure it out. I'm not scared to "break" it, I'll just try it another way next time if I do. (This is me!)
    Concrete Experience - I need to tie this new learning experience to something I already know how to do.
    Reflective Observation - I need to think this over, and over, and over, before I touch it and try it (These ones drive me nuts). I am scared to "break" it.
    Abstract Conceptualization - I need to understand the 'why' behind it. Many similarities with Reflective Observation.

http://www.simplypsychology.org/learning-kolb.html

I am abstract conceptualization. I always want to understand the why. But then I jump into it and try. Not a lot of thinking over and over. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    This is a confession...

pxo5vnc9d3o4.png

;) Mine's all mine, too. His and hers walk-ins. My master suite is glorious. The joys of building your own house to your specifications, when your brother-in-law is the builder.

ooohhh nice!
  • raymax4
    Options

Just let him/her know that they can ask for clarification. And no question is a bad question
    You got this!