Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I keep having dreams about food, lol. Last night I had a dream that I put sugar on my cereal.

I got home on Tuesday from work around 12:30am, so really it was Wednesday morning. I decided that I was hungry. I had some fresh strawberries from Whole Foods, and I decided that strawberries and toast sounded really good, and then I decided that I might as well make 2 scrambled eggs with it as well, lol. So there I was at about 1:15am eating a hearty breakfast. The only reason why I didn't add bacon is because it was frozen in the freezer. I hit my macros and was in my calorie goal, but my net was super low b/c I had over 23k steps for the day, so there's no need for guilt, it's just strange b/c I told myself it would be ridiculous to bake a few cookies, but then I made a whole breakfast sandwich, lol.

I'm planning on doing the same tonight b/c it will be the same scenario work wise, except maybe I'll be at 15k steps, but I planned ahead and purchased some bacon from Whole Foods, so this time I'll get some bacon as well. :D

Plus, supposedly, I've hit the high end of my goal weight range (125-128lbs) on Thursday morning, but for some reason my brain cannot accept it, even though I weighed in about .3lbs less this morning, so I'm sure it's true, but I kept weighing myself over and over again yesterday morning and this morning looking for the catch. Like I legit weighed myself 10 times this morning and kept moving my scale to different spots in the bathroom to see what the number read out. It was fluctuating between 127.7-128.3, I took the average of the weights and it was 127.94, so I guess I should accept it. I ended up going with the 127.7 b/c that was the last number the scale gave me about 5 or 6 times.

Congratulations oh hitting your goal range! Enjoy it and stop trying to convince yourself that you are not.
    Strawberry toast sounds good. How do you make it.

Thank you. I will take your advice and be happy about it.

Strawberries & toast is super simple. Get some cut strawberries (fresh or thawed from frozen) and sweeten them a little with your sweetener of choice, and watch as glorious strawberry juice is released from the berries. Then get some toast, put a little bit of butter on the toast, and then place those lovely and sweet strawberries and its juice on the toast and enjoy. I love it.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    I keep having dreams about food, lol. Last night I had a dream that I put sugar on my cereal.

I got home on Tuesday from work around 12:30am, so really it was Wednesday morning. I decided that I was hungry. I had some fresh strawberries from Whole Foods, and I decided that strawberries and toast sounded really good, and then I decided that I might as well make 2 scrambled eggs with it as well, lol. So there I was at about 1:15am eating a hearty breakfast. The only reason why I didn't add bacon is because it was frozen in the freezer. I hit my macros and was in my calorie goal, but my net was super low b/c I had over 23k steps for the day, so there's no need for guilt, it's just strange b/c I told myself it would be ridiculous to bake a few cookies, but then I made a whole breakfast sandwich, lol.

I'm planning on doing the same tonight b/c it will be the same scenario work wise, except maybe I'll be at 15k steps, but I planned ahead and purchased some bacon from Whole Foods, so this time I'll get some bacon as well. :D

Plus, supposedly, I've hit the high end of my goal weight range (125-128lbs) on Thursday morning, but for some reason my brain cannot accept it, even though I weighed in about .3lbs less this morning, so I'm sure it's true, but I kept weighing myself over and over again yesterday morning and this morning looking for the catch. Like I legit weighed myself 10 times this morning and kept moving my scale to different spots in the bathroom to see what the number read out. It was fluctuating between 127.7-128.3, I took the average of the weights and it was 127.94, so I guess I should accept it. I ended up going with the 127.7 b/c that was the last number the scale gave me about 5 or 6 times.

I love that you are already planning ahead to get bacon this time, lol.

LOL! I really did. I knew I had to work tonight, so during my trip to Whole Foods for work yesterday, I picked up some bacon and strawberries for tonight's meal. I also made sure that I purchased some more fresh eggs from my coworker b/c I used my last two on my midnight snack after work on Tuesday, lol. I am so ready to get off of work and go eat my meal, lol.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I make this amazing low calorie ice cream (120 calories a pint)....I might have had 3 pints of dark chocolate mocha and 1 pint of Raspberry Chocolate Chip today...lol

How do you make this fantastic low calorie ice cream? I'm asking for science. Yes! Science.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Congratulations oh hitting your goal range! Enjoy it and stop trying to convince yourself that you are not.

Strawberries & toast is super simple. Get some cut strawberries (fresh or thawed from frozen) and sweeten them a little with your sweetener of choice, and watch as glorious strawberry juice is released from the berries. Then get some toast, put a little bit of butter on the toast, and then place those lovely and sweet strawberries and its juice on the toast and enjoy. I love it.

My kids love strawberries on toast, but with Nutella or Reese spread!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

That does sound good!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I make this amazing low calorie ice cream (120 calories a pint)....I might have had 3 pints of dark chocolate mocha and 1 pint of Raspberry Chocolate Chip today...lol

How do you make this fantastic low calorie ice cream? I'm asking for science. Yes! Science.

Yes I agree you must share. For science!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

This is my favorite part of your post! :lol:

LOL! Right! It's like "hm... better not preheat that oven for those cookies b/c it's too late for that. How about you break out the skillet and toaster instead? Yep, sounds like a great plan!" LOL! Who does that? Me. I do that, lol.

In honor of your post, I had egg sandwiches for dinner last night! THANK YOU!!!
  • jdhcm2006
    Options

LOL! Right! It's like "hm... better not preheat that oven for those cookies b/c it's too late for that. How about you break out the skillet and toaster instead? Yep, sounds like a great plan!" LOL! Who does that? Me. I do that, lol.

It's such a great meal that a good amount of protein but not super high in calories.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

It's such a great meal that a good amount of protein but not super high in calories.

One thing I miss going vegan is eggs. They are such a great, quick snack with so much protein.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    TRIX5884 wrote: »
    When I go to the salad bar at the grocery store...I get the tray with three compartments...I put a healthy salad in the big part - but put crappy pre-made salads (seafood salad) and other dumbness into the 2 corner parts.............I only count the healthy salad.

I've had to stop going to the salad bar at the grocery store....it's sabotage for me......my will power sucks with it.

I think it would be ok if you loved the other salads. That way you can stay in your macros. Knowledge is power.

I think she means "logged" the other salads. And I agree. There are WAY worse things at the grocery store than pre-made salads from the salad bar!

Exactly!

Like ice cream, cookies, donuts, etc.

I took my niece & nephew to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast before church today.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Way to go on reaching your goal!!!
    And your breakfast sounds yummy.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »
    Also, my coworkers think I'm being super-nice by helping them out at their registers, but the truth is that I just want a few extra steps so I can eat chocolate that night...

Whatever your motivation, you're helping someone else have an easier day. Good for you!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    TRIX5884 wrote: »
    When I go to the salad bar at the grocery store...I get the tray with three compartments...I put a healthy salad in the big part - but put crappy pre-made salads (seafood salad) and other dumbness into the 2 corner parts.............I only count the healthy salad.

I've had to stop going to the salad bar at the grocery store....it's sabotage for me......my will power sucks with it.

I think it would be ok if you loved the other salads. That way you can stay in your macros. Knowledge is power.

I think she means "logged" the other salads. And I agree. There are WAY worse things at the grocery store than pre-made salads from the salad bar!

Exactly!

Like ice cream, cookies, donuts, etc.

I took my niece & nephew to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast before church today.

I bought my family doughnuts after church today, Kelly. Thankfully, there is no shop here that makes GF ones. I'm almost five years Krispy Kreme/Dunkin Donuts free.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I believe we all need this recipe of yours. Because reasons.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I confess to feeling guilty about having drama unfold in my husband's family and feeling just a little like it's going to be fun to watch because we are not actually involved. The one person has deserved a comeuppance for a long time. The other hates conflict but absolutely can't avoid it now.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess to feeling guilty about having drama unfold in my husband's family and feeling just a little like it's going to be fun to watch because we are not actually involved. The one person has deserved a comeuppance for a long time. The other hates conflict but absolutely can't avoid it now.

I don't think you need to feel guilty, that is human. But be careful you don't get sucked in.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

I don't think you need to feel guilty, that is human. But be careful you don't get sucked in.

I don't think we will be sucked in, mostly because my husband refuses to be at the same address as person A. Person B will keep us out of it if at all possible. We just happen to live in the same neighborhood so I will literally be watching as I drive to and from work and walk the dog. (And I will stay on the other side of the street when I walk the dog.)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @MissKalhan Happy Birthday! I sent a card but it was late as I was housebound last week. So it will be late but on its way! ENJOY your day!
  • Oberon21
    Options

I don't think we will be sucked in, mostly because my husband refuses to be at the same address as person A. Person B will keep us out of it if at all possible. We just happen to live in the same neighborhood so I will literally be watching as I drive to and from work and walk the dog. (And I will stay on the other side of the street when I walk the dog.)

You'll have to keep us up to date on the drama!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

One thing I miss going vegan is eggs. They are such a great, quick snack with so much protein.

Maybe a dumb question, but do they make a vegan substitute?