Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Has anyone done their own will? I researched it a bit last night, don't make 5M+ to go to a lawyer, but really don't trust something that is 'free'. Norton has a good option that is only $60 and I can do a living will, etc.

I figure I should probably do this... (and not because I hurt myself last week, been meaning to do this for a while, but haven't had so much time on my hands before to follow up on it!).

I have a "free" one. Hubby and I flew somewhere together and I didn't want anyone wondered who my son should live with if the plane went down. I need to do a better one.

What I know from some of the stuff I've learned at work - You can do your own will, if you aren't trying to do anything too fancy (leave money to charities, etc). Around my neck of the woods, it would cost about $1,500 to have a lawyer do one up right.

I am keeping it clean. My nieces and nephew's get a set amount, and everything else goes to my sister and she has to take are of my animals. I'll leave all my tri stuff to my BFF and my riding instructor will get all my riding stuff. My sister has to work with my riding instructor on the future of my horses. Phoebe can't be sold. She must be retired when she is ready and put in a facility with a stall and full care. Ditto on Jaques but as a 5 year old I would let him be leased, etc. My sister has to take my cats and ensure they have a wonderful natural life. And I know my younger sister will do that. I don't trust anyone else in my family.

So I can do on my own.

What program did you use for your free one?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I keep having dreams about food, lol. Last night I had a dream that I put sugar on my cereal.

I got home on Tuesday from work around 12:30am, so really it was Wednesday morning. I decided that I was hungry. I had some fresh strawberries from Whole Foods, and I decided that strawberries and toast sounded really good, and then I decided that I might as well make 2 scrambled eggs with it as well, lol. So there I was at about 1:15am eating a hearty breakfast. The only reason why I didn't add bacon is because it was frozen in the freezer. I hit my macros and was in my calorie goal, but my net was super low b/c I had over 23k steps for the day, so there's no need for guilt, it's just strange b/c I told myself it would be ridiculous to bake a few cookies, but then I made a whole breakfast sandwich, lol.

I'm planning on doing the same tonight b/c it will be the same scenario work wise, except maybe I'll be at 15k steps, but I planned ahead and purchased some bacon from Whole Foods, so this time I'll get some bacon as well. :D

Plus, supposedly, I've hit the high end of my goal weight range (125-128lbs) on Thursday morning, but for some reason my brain cannot accept it, even though I weighed in about .3lbs less this morning, so I'm sure it's true, but I kept weighing myself over and over again yesterday morning and this morning looking for the catch. Like I legit weighed myself 10 times this morning and kept moving my scale to different spots in the bathroom to see what the number read out. It was fluctuating between 127.7-128.3, I took the average of the weights and it was 127.94, so I guess I should accept it. I ended up going with the 127.7 b/c that was the last number the scale gave me about 5 or 6 times.

This is my favorite part of your post! :lol:

LOL! Right! It's like "hm... better not preheat that oven for those cookies b/c it's too late for that. How about you break out the skillet and toaster instead? Yep, sounds like a great plan!" LOL! Who does that? Me. I do that, lol.

I, also, would do something like that! LOL

Me too, Quik! Mostly because I wouldn't have the patience to wait for the over to preheat.
    zq40a47es26m.gif
    e65.gif 887.3K
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I keep having dreams about food, lol. Last night I had a dream that I put sugar on my cereal.

I got home on Tuesday from work around 12:30am, so really it was Wednesday morning. I decided that I was hungry. I had some fresh strawberries from Whole Foods, and I decided that strawberries and toast sounded really good, and then I decided that I might as well make 2 scrambled eggs with it as well, lol. So there I was at about 1:15am eating a hearty breakfast. The only reason why I didn't add bacon is because it was frozen in the freezer. I hit my macros and was in my calorie goal, but my net was super low b/c I had over 23k steps for the day, so there's no need for guilt, it's just strange b/c I told myself it would be ridiculous to bake a few cookies, but then I made a whole breakfast sandwich, lol.

I'm planning on doing the same tonight b/c it will be the same scenario work wise, except maybe I'll be at 15k steps, but I planned ahead and purchased some bacon from Whole Foods, so this time I'll get some bacon as well. :D

Plus, supposedly, I've hit the high end of my goal weight range (125-128lbs) on Thursday morning, but for some reason my brain cannot accept it, even though I weighed in about .3lbs less this morning, so I'm sure it's true, but I kept weighing myself over and over again yesterday morning and this morning looking for the catch. Like I legit weighed myself 10 times this morning and kept moving my scale to different spots in the bathroom to see what the number read out. It was fluctuating between 127.7-128.3, I took the average of the weights and it was 127.94, so I guess I should accept it. I ended up going with the 127.7 b/c that was the last number the scale gave me about 5 or 6 times.

LOL! Right! It's like "hm... better not preheat that oven for those cookies b/c it's too late for that. How about you break out the skillet and toaster instead? Yep, sounds like a great plan!" LOL! Who does that? Me. I do that, lol.

This makes me feel better about my life choices :D
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

Me too, Quik! Mostly because I wouldn't have the patience to wait for the over to preheat.
    zq40a47es26m.gif

LOL!!! Thank you! I feel much better now! Especially b/c that was my reasoning. I didn't want to wait for the oven to preheat and then to wait for the cookies to bake, lol.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    This morning I looked in the mirror and was so freaked out by looking smaller that I had to call up my dad and have him verify it.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Also, my coworkers think I'm being super-nice by helping them out at their registers, but the truth is that I just want a few extra steps so I can eat chocolate that night...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done their own will? I researched it a bit last night, don't make 5M+ to go to a lawyer, but really don't trust something that is 'free'. Norton has a good option that is only $60 and I can do a living will, etc.

I figure I should probably do this... (and not because I hurt myself last week, been meaning to do this for a while, but haven't had so much time on my hands before to follow up on it!).

I have a "free" one. Hubby and I flew somewhere together and I didn't want anyone wondered who my son should live with if the plane went down. I need to do a better one.

What I know from some of the stuff I've learned at work - You can do your own will, if you aren't trying to do anything too fancy (leave money to charities, etc). Around my neck of the woods, it would cost about $1,500 to have a lawyer do one up right.

I am keeping it clean. My nieces and nephew's get a set amount, and everything else goes to my sister and she has to take are of my animals. I'll leave all my tri stuff to my BFF and my riding instructor will get all my riding stuff. My sister has to work with my riding instructor on the future of my horses. Phoebe can't be sold. She must be retired when she is ready and put in a facility with a stall and full care. Ditto on Jaques but as a 5 year old I would let him be leased, etc. My sister has to take my cats and ensure they have a wonderful natural life. And I know my younger sister will do that. I don't trust anyone else in my family.

So I can do on my own.

What program did you use for your free one?

It was about nine years ago. I don't even remember now. It was just something I Googled.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »
    This morning I looked in the mirror and was so freaked out by looking smaller that I had to call up my dad and have him verify it.

That's awesome! Congrats!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Also, my coworkers think I'm being super-nice by helping them out at their registers, but the truth is that I just want a few extra steps so I can eat chocolate that night...

Nice! I always get up and walk to a co-worker's office, rather than send an e-mail, for the same reason.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

Congratulations oh hitting your goal range! Enjoy it and stop trying to convince yourself that you are not.
    Strawberry toast sounds good. How do you make it.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    My husband and I when we realized it was Friday!

n9oxq2dp7bk4.gif

Hahahaa!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I love that you are already planning ahead to get bacon this time, lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Hey, it's a win-win!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Nice! I always get up and walk to a co-worker's office, rather than send an e-mail, for the same reason.

Me too
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I drove!!!! I am free!!!
  • raymax4
    Options
    I drove!!!! I am free!!!
    I know that feels good!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I make this amazing low calorie ice cream (120 calories a pint)....I might have had 3 pints of dark chocolate mocha and 1 pint of Raspberry Chocolate Chip today...lol
  • raymax4
    Options

Does your company provide services like this. This year we had the option to pay a little pre tax and have some services like wills paid for with a layer of our choosing. I think it is a great service.
  • raymax4
    Options

It was a happy moment?
  • raymax4
    Options

Good planning! You get in good with co workers and get to eat chocolate! I like your reasoning.