Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I bought these because I chuckled when I saw the box! My husband and daughter will have fun with them I'm sure!

b3cr37lv8wzj.jpg

These are adorable! I want gingerbread ninjas!

Me, too!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    So confession wise I am really struggling today. I went back to keto and cutting phase a few days ago because during my recent failed foray into carb reintroduction I regained over what I'm okay with. Now my husband, who has been entirely neutral my whole weight loss journey, is telling me to maintain where I am right now. I feel like either I have to stay feeling chubby and horrible (6lbs makes a big difference at this stage imho) so he's happy or be happy with myself again but now knowing he is less attracted to me. Why do all these aesthetic things suddenly become issues now? I was disgusting looking at 250lbs, why was nobody all over me to put down the fork then? /confessionrant :(

I am up 8 lbs or so and I agree it does make a big difference. But at 5'9 128 seems too thin? May be why your husband prefers you with 6 additional pounds.

Looking up healthy weight
    9z376o4tlfe1.png
    74skrbnagusw.png
    I'm 5'9" each body is different but my body would not look good at that weight. I imagine your husband will find you attractive at any weight but does not want you to hurt yourself trying to get to the lowest weight in your weight category.

I'm 5'9", too. I can't imagine 128 pounds. The lowest I ever have been was 144, and that was very, very thin. I'm currently shooting for 165.

Not a knock on you, Jessica, at all! It's interesting how different bodies can be.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Push ladies, you are working for the turkey day weekend!

I confess I typed "low carb Christmas cookies that don't taste like sadness" into Google today. lol

What response did you get?!?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    You guys, my husband and I spent ALL DAY yesterday trying to dig out from under 2+ feet of snow. Yes, you read that right. Two. Feet. I've lived in Syracuse for almost 8 years now and I've never seen anything like it. They forecasted 5-8 inches, which is nothing. We shovel, my husband plows with the quad and all is good. We were not in any way prepared for the amount that fell. We finally caved around 7pm and called someone to plow so we could at least attempt to get to work today. My legs are aching and my arms are so sore I almost cried trying to wash my hair this morning. Even typing this is a little painful. LOL

:o Wow! That's crazy (and a little awesome). I'd like to have snow like that, like on a Saturday, so we could play in it. Then it could melt off by Monday. LOL
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession/Rant:
    Yesterday, I was in training all day, Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement. Good class, except for one small part. The instructor, a PhD in psychology, told the entire class (about 300 cops) that the reason they're fat isn't because they eat too many calories. It's because they are at a heightened state of alertness while on duty, and that causes cortisol to store fat, even if you aren't eating too much. ARGH!!! That's scientifically impossible!!! I was going nuts. I was texting my co-worker, Tony, who is a body builder and in class with me, just to keep from saying something out loud to the instructor.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Parish, which is 30 miles from me. Most of the time I love CNY, but yesterday I was letting the f-bombs fly and plotting my escape to somewhere warm.

ETA: Oh, and it was 70 degrees on Saturday. Figure that one out. LOL

Come to KS. It's already 55 with a high of 70 today. :smiley:
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I bought these because I chuckled when I saw the box! My husband and daughter will have fun with them I'm sure!

b3cr37lv8wzj.jpg

HA! I love a good pun.

Well...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    You guys, my husband and I spent ALL DAY yesterday trying to dig out from under 2+ feet of snow. Yes, you read that right. Two. Feet. I've lived in Syracuse for almost 8 years now and I've never seen anything like it. They forecasted 5-8 inches, which is nothing. We shovel, my husband plows with the quad and all is good. We were not in any way prepared for the amount that fell. We finally caved around 7pm and called someone to plow so we could at least attempt to get to work today. My legs are aching and my arms are so sore I almost cried trying to wash my hair this morning. Even typing this is a little painful. LOL

Yikes!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    So confession wise I am really struggling today. I went back to keto and cutting phase a few days ago because during my recent failed foray into carb reintroduction I regained over what I'm okay with. Now my husband, who has been entirely neutral my whole weight loss journey, is telling me to maintain where I am right now. I feel like either I have to stay feeling chubby and horrible (6lbs makes a big difference at this stage imho) so he's happy or be happy with myself again but now knowing he is less attracted to me. Why do all these aesthetic things suddenly become issues now? I was disgusting looking at 250lbs, why was nobody all over me to put down the fork then? /confessionrant :(

I am up 8 lbs or so and I agree it does make a big difference. But at 5'9 128 seems too thin? May be why your husband prefers you with 6 additional pounds.

9z376o4tlfe1.png
    74skrbnagusw.png
    I'm 5'9" each body is different but my body would not look good at that weight. I imagine your husband will find you attractive at any weight but does not want you to hurt yourself trying to get to the lowest weight in your weight category.

I'm 5'9", too. I can't imagine 128 pounds. The lowest I ever have been was 144, and that was very, very thin. I'm currently shooting for 165.

Not a knock on you, Jessica, at all! It's interesting how different bodies can be.

Can you look this up for 5'7"? I'v always been curious where I should be. I think 140-145 suits me nicely though.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

9z376o4tlfe1.png
    74skrbnagusw.png

Can you look this up for 5'7"? I'v always been curious where I should be. I think 140-145 suits me nicely though.

I can't find @raymax4 's chart, but I found 121-158 lbs. BMI chart.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole giant reeses today 880 calories and I budgeted for it but don't even want to look at my sugar intake today. It was awesome.

Yum!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession/Rant:
    Yesterday, I was in training all day, Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement. Good class, except for one small part. The instructor, a PhD in psychology, told the entire class (about 300 cops) that the reason they're fat isn't because they eat too many calories. It's because they are at a heightened state of alertness while on duty, and that causes cortisol to store fat, even if you aren't eating too much. ARGH!!! That's scientifically impossible!!! I was going nuts. I was texting my co-worker, Tony, who is a body builder and in class with me, just to keep from saying something out loud to the instructor.

Well I do believe stress causes gain. And eating poorly compounds it. But I am not going to argue it. I'm no scientist. :#
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Parish, which is 30 miles from me. Most of the time I love CNY, but yesterday I was letting the f-bombs fly and plotting my escape to somewhere warm.

ETA: Oh, and it was 70 degrees on Saturday. Figure that one out. LOL

Same here without the storm. It was 70 on Saturday then high 30's and frigid wind on Sunday. It was so bad this happened a tree crashed and took out 2 sections of fence in a paddock. We were worried the others that were dead near the barn were going to come down on the barn.
  • Oberon21
    Options

We had slight flurries on Monday but it was like single floaty ones.
  • Oberon21
    Options

:o

Wow! That's crazy! In Pennsylvania we've had it fairly easy the past few weeks where we would have frost on the cars & then it would get around 40-70s. The past few days have gotten extremely cold fast & the wind has been unbearable.

Where was the place in NY a few years ago that had around 100 inches of snow?

Was that Boston?
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

9z376o4tlfe1.png
    74skrbnagusw.png

5'9" here too, I'm currently 150ish (depends on the day). Lowest I have hit was 145, I would like to see 135 but I really don't know if it's sustainable. The human body is interesting!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I hate it when I am totally looking forward to something ESPECIALLY if I forgo something else to have it and then it's a big fat disappointment. Particularly when dessert is involved because I so rarely have it anymore.

A coworker made cookies and cupcakes yesterday and I grabbed a cookie and started to chew, but spit it out because I wasn't about to waste my precious calories on a craptastic cookie.

Haha I totally did that with a Peanut Butter Lara Bar not that long ago. Get outta my mouth with that nonsense! ;)

Most of the Lara bars are nasty & not worth the calories.

The only flavor I have enjoyed has been the Gingerbread flavor.

Agreed, I've yet to meet one that I like and now they are off limits again anyway so I am not putting myself through that disappointment again. Similarly I don't at all understand the hype re: Oh Yeah bars. They taste very weird and are a bizarre consistency to me. Give me original recipe Quest or give me nothing! Haha ;)

In kind of keeping with protein bar reviews I confess I ate 5 Buff Bakers protein cookies in two days while we were in the city. I was so sure they'd be terrible, dammit! It was within budget but five??? Jfc me . No one ever let me try the birthday cake almond butter lol

The only Lara Bar I've tried so far is the apple pie one, and meh. I don't think they're worth the calories for the small amount of protein they offer.

The Oh Yeah! One bar that I LOVE is the lemon cake! It's reminds me of lemon bars which I love. I have tried a few other varieties and I was less than impressed.

I'll say it again for the kids in the back. The best protein bar I've EVER tasted is The Best Bar Ever. I love the chocolate peanut butter, chocolate coconut (taste like an Almond Joy), and the Original which is sort of trail mixish with dried fruits and nuts.

I've been actually meaning to text you and ask you the name of those. I'm tired of Combat bars. Just bought some B-Up bars and they're not good, except the chocolate mint, they're ok. I just ordered some FitJoy pumpkin pie bars this morning. I need a protein bar shake-up!

Where do you get them? Amazon doesn't seem to have them.

They sell them at Complete Nutrition. Do you have those? You can also buy them off their website.
    www.bestbarever.com

I'm thinking seriously about joining their mailing club!

I just Googled it and you have one near you!!!

I just went to GNC and bought one of every flavor of Fitjoy bars, just to try them.

Did you get any of the new flavors Gingerbread, Peppermint, & I think Birthday Cake?

I hated the Quest Cereal bar (at least it was free).

I got Pumpkin Pie (which I tried first because it had the best reviews. I wasn't amazed. It was OK), Winter Peppermint Bark (plan to try today), Chocolate Iced Brownie, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Mint Chocolate Crisp, Iced Gingerbread Cookie, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I did not get their Cinnamon Roll flavor, because I usually don't like those. That was all the flavors they had there.

5hd8ba7g5x64.jpg
    A-freaking-mazing!!! So good! Good texture, good flavor, no aftertaste. Are these seasonal? I'm going to cry if they are.