Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I hate it when I am totally looking forward to something ESPECIALLY if I forgo something else to have it and then it's a big fat disappointment. Particularly when dessert is involved because I so rarely have it anymore.

A coworker made cookies and cupcakes yesterday and I grabbed a cookie and started to chew, but spit it out because I wasn't about to waste my precious calories on a craptastic cookie.

Haha I totally did that with a Peanut Butter Lara Bar not that long ago. Get outta my mouth with that nonsense! ;)

Most of the Lara bars are nasty & not worth the calories.

The only flavor I have enjoyed has been the Gingerbread flavor.

Agreed, I've yet to meet one that I like and now they are off limits again anyway so I am not putting myself through that disappointment again. Similarly I don't at all understand the hype re: Oh Yeah bars. They taste very weird and are a bizarre consistency to me. Give me original recipe Quest or give me nothing! Haha ;)

In kind of keeping with protein bar reviews I confess I ate 5 Buff Bakers protein cookies in two days while we were in the city. I was so sure they'd be terrible, dammit! It was within budget but five??? Jfc me . No one ever let me try the birthday cake almond butter lol

The only Lara Bar I've tried so far is the apple pie one, and meh. I don't think they're worth the calories for the small amount of protein they offer.

The Oh Yeah! One bar that I LOVE is the lemon cake! It's reminds me of lemon bars which I love. I have tried a few other varieties and I was less than impressed.

I'll say it again for the kids in the back. The best protein bar I've EVER tasted is The Best Bar Ever. I love the chocolate peanut butter, chocolate coconut (taste like an Almond Joy), and the Original which is sort of trail mixish with dried fruits and nuts.

I've been actually meaning to text you and ask you the name of those. I'm tired of Combat bars. Just bought some B-Up bars and they're not good, except the chocolate mint, they're ok. I just ordered some FitJoy pumpkin pie bars this morning. I need a protein bar shake-up!

Where do you get them? Amazon doesn't seem to have them.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I hate it when I am totally looking forward to something ESPECIALLY if I forgo something else to have it and then it's a big fat disappointment. Particularly when dessert is involved because I so rarely have it anymore.

A coworker made cookies and cupcakes yesterday and I grabbed a cookie and started to chew, but spit it out because I wasn't about to waste my precious calories on a craptastic cookie.

Haha I totally did that with a Peanut Butter Lara Bar not that long ago. Get outta my mouth with that nonsense! ;)

Agreed, I've yet to meet one that I like and now they are off limits again anyway so I am not putting myself through that disappointment again. Similarly I don't at all understand the hype re: Oh Yeah bars. They taste very weird and are a bizarre consistency to me. Give me original recipe Quest or give me nothing! Haha ;)

In kind of keeping with protein bar reviews I confess I ate 5 Buff Bakers protein cookies in two days while we were in the city. I was so sure they'd be terrible, dammit! It was within budget but five??? Jfc me . No one ever let me try the birthday cake almond butter lol

The only Lara Bar I've tried so far is the apple pie one, and meh. I don't think they're worth the calories for the small amount of protein they offer.

The Oh Yeah! One bar that I LOVE is the lemon cake! It's reminds me of lemon bars which I love. I have tried a few other varieties and I was less than impressed.

I'll say it again for the kids in the back. The best protein bar I've EVER tasted is The Best Bar Ever. I love the chocolate peanut butter, chocolate coconut (taste like an Almond Joy), and the Original which is sort of trail mixish with dried fruits and nuts.

I've been actually meaning to text you and ask you the name of those. I'm tired of Combat bars. Just bought some B-Up bars and they're not good, except the chocolate mint, they're ok. I just ordered some FitJoy pumpkin pie bars this morning. I need a protein bar shake-up!

They sell them at Complete Nutrition. Do you have those? You can also buy them off their website.
    www.bestbarever.com

I'm thinking seriously about joining their mailing club!

I just Googled it and you have one near you!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I love the gingerbread Lara bars. I have stocked up so that I have them past Christmas.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

They sell them at Complete Nutrition. Do you have those? You can also buy them off their website.
    www.bestbarever.com

I just went to GNC and bought one of every flavor of Fitjoy bars, just to try them.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

:D
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

www.bestbarever.com

I just went to GNC and bought one of every flavor of Fitjoy bars, just to try them.

Did you get any of the new flavors Gingerbread, Peppermint, & I think Birthday Cake?

I hated the Quest Cereal bar (at least it was free).
  • quiksylver296
    Options

www.bestbarever.com

Did you get any of the new flavors Gingerbread, Peppermint, & I think Birthday Cake?

I got Pumpkin Pie (which I tried first because it had the best reviews. I wasn't amazed. It was OK), Winter Peppermint Bark (plan to try today), Chocolate Iced Brownie, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Mint Chocolate Crisp, Iced Gingerbread Cookie, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I did not get their Cinnamon Roll flavor, because I usually don't like those. That was all the flavors they had there.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

www.bestbarever.com

I got Pumpkin Pie (which I tried first because it had the best reviews. I wasn't amazed. It was OK), Winter Peppermint Bark (plan to try today), Chocolate Iced Brownie, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Mint Chocolate Crisp, Iced Gingerbread Cookie, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I did not get their Cinnamon Roll flavor, because I usually don't like those. That was all the flavors they had there.

Let me know what you think of each one! I'd be willing to try something new.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

www.bestbarever.com

Oh I gotta see if we got Birthday Cake over here!!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    My biggest vice Pre-weight loss was grocery store birthday cake- the inability of any protein bar brand to create a decent birthday cake flavour makes me weep for my fallen carb homies :'( #ripcake
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    My biggest vice Pre-weight loss was grocery store birthday cake- the inability of any protein bar brand to create a decent birthday cake flavour makes me weep for my fallen carb homies :'( #ripcake

I hate to admit it, but the Walmart bakery makes a bombass birthday cake. Chocolate and white.

Also, I agree that nothing birthday cake flavored tastes like birthday cake. The BC CC bars taste like overly sweetened Fruity Pebbles. Blech.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I move my scale from room to room and weigh myself several times, like the floor will make a difference (linoleum, hardwood, ceramic tile). Sometimes I can get it down an ounce or two.

ME TOOOOOOOO!!! LOL!!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

I hate to admit it, but the Walmart bakery makes a bombass birthday cake. Chocolate and white.

Also, I agree that nothing birthday cake flavored tastes like birthday cake. The BC CC bars taste like overly sweetened Fruity Pebbles. Blech.

Nah, dude. Wegman's bakery for the win. I usually hate grocery store cake but this? Glorious.
  • JessicaMcB
    Options

Do you have Loblaws in America? Their birthday cakes are so much sugary amazingness. They are the only thing that literally cannot be kept in my house or I will make myself sick eating it. I had really high hopes for oh yeah! birthday cake bars initially but they were such a bitter disappointment
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Aaaand, now I want cake. Dammit.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Do you have Loblaws in America? Their birthday cakes are so much sugary amazingness. They are the only thing that literally cannot be kept in my house or I will make myself sick eating it. I had really high hopes for oh yeah! birthday cake bars initially but they were such a bitter disappointment

Loblaws cakes are the BEST! Thank goodness they don't do vegan cakes lol
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Nah, dude. Wegman's bakery for the win. I usually hate grocery store cake but this? Glorious.

No Wegman's down here...
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Aaaand, now I want cake. Dammit.

I bought a Milka Oreo bar because of the Oreo thread.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

www.bestbarever.com

Nice. Hoping the Gingerbread is good.

My favorite Gingerbread bar is the Clif version.
  • JessicaMcB
    Options
    So confession wise I am really struggling today. I went back to keto and cutting phase a few days ago because during my recent failed foray into carb reintroduction I regained over what I'm okay with. Now my husband, who has been entirely neutral my whole weight loss journey, is telling me to maintain where I am right now. I feel like either I have to stay feeling chubby and horrible (6lbs makes a big difference at this stage imho) so he's happy or be happy with myself again but now knowing he is less attracted to me. Why do all these aesthetic things suddenly become issues now? I was disgusting looking at 250lbs, why was nobody all over me to put down the fork then? /confessionrant :(