Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Currently I've been eating to meal plan ( which is printed and on the fridge at home), so no logging for this girl for now.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Those cookies I made last Thursday keep calling.
    Damn those buttery chewy disc of delisiousness.
    I am surprised my family hasn't scarfed them up yet. I must be feeding them to well.
  • raymax4
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    nk3rjh0rdcnf.jpg

I must have eaten a miserable cow...

:'( Sorry you are miserable. Not seeing the cow part. Don't try to convince me otherwise it's not happening.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    So I am trying out a new calorie distribution model whereby I will have two high calorie days in a week and then interplay between 500 calorie days and maintenance days (kind of a riff on 5: 2 methodology in a weekly spread). This is due largely in part to the fact that there is stuff I am over giving up but I also want to eat them endlessly (eff you very much pumpkin spice oreos) so I want to see ifor I can relegate those foods to two days? Idk how successful this will be but maintenance is the time for experiments right? lol

Anyway yesterday was high calorie so today is 500....the degree to which I am not hungry is making me disgusted with my calorie total yesterday, oy vey. I cannot wait until Nabisco puts these oreos back in the cookie vault haha

Give it a few weeks to a month or two to see if this method of eating is helping you maintain, lose, or gain. The days that you eat 500 are you going to regulate how much exercise you do or take a rest day?

With how much exercise you've said you're doing in your marathon training your Oreo calories are definitely justified.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    So I am trying out a new calorie distribution model whereby I will have two high calorie days in a week and then interplay between 500 calorie days and maintenance days (kind of a riff on 5: 2 methodology in a weekly spread). This is due largely in part to the fact that there is stuff I am over giving up but I also want to eat them endlessly (eff you very much pumpkin spice oreos) so I want to see ifor I can relegate those foods to two days? Idk how successful this will be but maintenance is the time for experiments right? lol

Anyway yesterday was high calorie so today is 500....the degree to which I am not hungry is making me disgusted with my calorie total yesterday, oy vey. I cannot wait until Nabisco puts these oreos back in the cookie vault haha

Experimenting to find out what works for you is good. Oreo cookies are evil. My husband loves the blueberry and the pumpkin spice ones. My downfall is candy corn, personally. If I buy it I will most likely eat the whole bag.

Yeah they are so bad! Why do they have to be 1800 calories a package?! #rude lol

My favorites are coming back soon The White Fudge Oreos!

A coworker ate three of those packs in a sitting & that's around 3,600 calories :o.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Give it a few weeks to a month or two to see if this method of eating is helping you maintain, lose, or gain. The days that you eat 500 are you going to regulate how much exercise you do or take a rest day?

With how much exercise you've said you're doing in your marathon training your Oreo calories are definitely justified.

Haha never fear my experiment was very short lived! My thought this morning after failing out at 11km was more "Yeeeeeeah maybe not." 50km unsurprisingly will not happen on shrimp and cauliflower alone ;) . Our local grocery has clearly taken pity on me and clearanced the last three packs of pumpkin spice oreos (I thankfully only lust after the PS ones). Now to refrain from buying them :/ haha
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Haha never fear my experiment was very short lived! My thought this morning after failing out at 11km was more "Yeeeeeeah maybe not." 50km unsurprisingly will not happen on shrimp and cauliflower alone ;) . Our local grocery has clearly taken pity on me and clearanced the last three packs of pumpkin spice oreos (I thankfully only lust after the PS ones). Now to refrain from buying them :/ haha

So, what's the next experiment?
  • JessicaMcB
    Options

I think I am done with experiments until after my marathon in June and will be going back to keto tomorrow. Not worth trashing my performance on a race that carries wildly expensive registration. Honestly I knew it was coming, I am faster as a keto runner by a significant margin. I bonk around HM length as a glyco and running makes me happier than eating does sooooo bye PS oreos :'(
  • raymax4
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I'm fairly new to this site, but I had a couple of days where I was "ashamed" of what I ate, and I just skipped recording on those days. Need to record all days, but it's hard to see it in print.

Don't skip recording. Your body records it even if you didn't and knowledge is power.
    If if helps you are not alone last Thursday I made pumpkin spice cookies and some wonderful coconut, oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies that were wonderful. some of what I logged was the dough but also sampled the cooked cookies. It happens with me every once in a blue moon.umt1bueqnvua.png
    I just went back to staying into my macros I did not go under to try to make up for those calories.

I have gotten bad that when I know I am over, I'll log until I push myself over and then just close it out. I need to get less lazy and record everything! If I know I am under, I make sure I record every little bit.

Yes it is tempting to not log, but how is that helping you?

It's not that it's tempting not to log it, I am just lazy. I know I am over, so once I make myself be over, I then close it out. I don't pay attention to weekly or macros, so it's usually not that beneficial, but that 'you would weigh x in 5 weeks' can be compelling. In both directions. :)

x in 5 weeks isn't always correct
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I think I am done with experiments until after my marathon in June and will be going back to keto tomorrow. Not worth trashing my performance on a race that carries wildly expensive registration. Honestly I knew it was coming, I am faster as a keto runner by a significant margin. I bonk around HM length as a glyco and running makes me happier than eating does sooooo bye PS oreos :'(

Good luck with your race. Bye bye, Oreos!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to this site, but I had a couple of days where I was "ashamed" of what I ate, and I just skipped recording on those days. Need to record all days, but it's hard to see it in print.

Don't skip recording. Your body records it even if you didn't and knowledge is power.
    If if helps you are not alone last Thursday I made pumpkin spice cookies and some wonderful coconut, oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies that were wonderful. some of what I logged was the dough but also sampled the cooked cookies. It happens with me every once in a blue moon.umt1bueqnvua.png
    I just went back to staying into my macros I did not go under to try to make up for those calories.

I have gotten bad that when I know I am over, I'll log until I push myself over and then just close it out. I need to get less lazy and record everything! If I know I am under, I make sure I record every little bit.

Yes it is tempting to not log, but how is that helping you?

It's not that it's tempting not to log it, I am just lazy. I know I am over, so once I make myself be over, I then close it out. I don't pay attention to weekly or macros, so it's usually not that beneficial, but that 'you would weigh x in 5 weeks' can be compelling. In both directions. :)

x in 5 weeks isn't always correct

It's never correct but it can still be scary.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Currently I've been eating to meal plan ( which is printed and on the fridge at home), so no logging for this girl for now.

What is the meal plan and why can't you log?
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

What is the meal plan and why can't you log?

1slii3d471kx.png

This is the meal plan, it's already laid out for me so I don't want to do more work than needed aka I'm a lazy sod lol
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I confess that I only helped at a thing last night because I was promised pizza and cookies. Neither of which were there. I also confess that I was a jerk the rest of the night because of it.
  • JessicaMcB
    Options
    I confess that I only helped at a thing last night because I was promised pizza and cookies. Neither of which were there. I also confess that I was a jerk the rest of the night because of it.

If there were ever a reason to be a jerk it is promised but undelivered cookies ;)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

If there were ever a reason to be a jerk it is promised but undelivered cookies ;)

I was more looking forward to pizza than cookies. I had even prelogged it in my diary.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

I was more looking forward to pizza than cookies. I had even prelogged it in my diary.

I would be ticked too if there was a promise of food & I had set aside calories & skipped a meal to make sure I had enough calories left.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I confess I ate a protein bar & two Ginger cookies for breakfast. The protein bar was awesome, but the cookies were pretty meh tasting.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Ginger cookies and men does not compute. Of course I make my own, so.
  • JessicaMcB
    Options
    I confess I ate a protein bar & two Ginger cookies for breakfast. The protein bar was awesome, but the cookies were pretty meh tasting.

Ugh I hate when something with a high-ish calorie price tag ends up not being worth it!