Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So, I lived out of hotel last week while we were dealing with my mother-in-law's passing. I ate all the things (Olive Garden's pumpkin cheesecake is sub-par, by the way) and broke my #soberdays streak again. I am back in the wagon now and at 5 #soberdays.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    So, I lived out of hotel last week while we were dealing with my mother-in-law's passing. I ate all the things (Olive Garden's pumpkin cheesecake is sub-par, by the way) and broke my #soberdays streak again. I am back in the wagon now and at 5 #soberdays.

Congrats for getting back on the band wagon, but can we talk about pumpkin cheesecake? I love pumpkin cheesecake and to hear that Olive Garden's is bad makes me sad :(
  • quiksylver296
    edited November 2016
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Congrats for getting back on the band wagon, but can we talk about pumpkin cheesecake? I love pumpkin cheesecake and to hear that Olive Garden's is bad makes me sad :(

I was wholly disappointed. Not pumpkin-y enough to be good in a pumpkin pie way. Not cheesecake-y enough to be good in a cheesecake way. Just very blah. Plus, it was still frozen in the middle.

I very, very rarely order dessert from a restaurant. This was the whole family together to celebrate mom-in-law, so everyone was splurging. I shared my piece with hubby, so I didn't partake in the entire caloric disappointment alone. But, still - delicious points totally wasted.

ETA: I even passed on actual dinner to have the cheesecake, and just had the house salad. :'(
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I hate it when I am totally looking forward to something ESPECIALLY if I forgo something else to have it and then it's a big fat disappointment. Particularly when dessert is involved because I so rarely have it anymore.

A coworker made cookies and cupcakes yesterday and I grabbed a cookie and started to chew, but spit it out because I wasn't about to waste my precious calories on a craptastic cookie.

Haha I totally did that with a Peanut Butter Lara Bar not that long ago. Get outta my mouth with that nonsense! ;)
  • MissKalhan
    Options

I was wholly disappointed. Not pumpkin-y enough to be good in a pumpkin pie way. Not cheesecake-y enough to be good in a cheesecake way. Just very blah. Plus, it was still frozen in the middle.

I very, very rarely order dessert from a restaurant. This was the whole family together to celebrate mom-in-law, so everyone was splurging. I shared my piece with hubby, so I didn't partake in the entire caloric disappointment alone. But, still - delicious points totally wasted.

ETA: I even passed on actual dinner to have the cheesecake, and just had the house salad. :'(

UGH THAT'S THE WORST!! My mom would make me pumpkin cheesecake for my birthday because I love them both entirely too much haha
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I thought Olive Garden cheesecake was amazing the one time I had it.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Currently I've been eating to meal plan ( which is printed and on the fridge at home), so no logging for this girl for now.

What is the meal plan and why can't you log?

1slii3d471kx.png

This is the meal plan, it's already laid out for me so I don't want to do more work than needed aka I'm a lazy sod lol

Cool. But following something like that is too hard for me.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I should have tried the plain cheesecake, instead of the pumpkin, I think.
  • quiksylver296
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Confession - I am totally in screw-off mode at work. I don't know if it's because of Thanksgiving next week, or because I was gone last week, but I cannot seem to get my rear in gear, work-wise. I think I'm going to take Black Friday off work. I've been debating whether I want to use my vacation time for that or not. I'm leaning heavily toward YES!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession - I am totally in screw-off mode at work. I don't know if it's because of Thanksgiving next week, or because I was gone last week, but I cannot seem to get my rear in gear, work-wise. I think I'm going to take Black Friday off work. I've been debating whether I want to use my vacation time for that or not. I'm leaning heavily toward YES!

My office is closed Thanksgiving and the day after. I am very much looking forward to it.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

That's one thing I REALLY like about my job. Since I started working here over 9 years ago, they've given us Black Friday, and Christmas Eve off every year...PAID!!! This year, since Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Years Day are on the weekend, they're giving us 3 extra days off. Friday, December 23rd (or another day of our choosing), Monday, December 26, and Monday, January 2nd!

My poor husband doesn't get any extra time off and if he doesn't work the day before and the day after holidays, he doesn't get paid for them. Vacation days don't count as "worked" days either.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I should have tried the plain cheesecake, instead of the pumpkin, I think.

I had the pumpkin and it was spectacular. But that was 2 years ago...
  • Oberon21
    Options

Do it! We get that day off but years ago we didn't and it's an awkward day to work (no one around, really interrupts your long weekend). It's worth it.
  • Oberon21
    Options

My office is closed Thanksgiving and the day after. I am very much looking forward to it.

Ditto.
  • quiksylver296
    edited November 2016
    Options

Do it! We get that day off but years ago we didn't and it's an awkward day to work (no one around, really interrupts your long weekend). It's worth it.

Yeah. I worked it two years ago because I'd only been working at this job about 2 weeks at that point. Office was nearly empty and nothing at all to do. I ended up going for a long walk, familiarizing myself with the area (because that's obviously work-related).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I hate it when I am totally looking forward to something ESPECIALLY if I forgo something else to have it and then it's a big fat disappointment. Particularly when dessert is involved because I so rarely have it anymore.

A coworker made cookies and cupcakes yesterday and I grabbed a cookie and started to chew, but spit it out because I wasn't about to waste my precious calories on a craptastic cookie.

Haha I totally did that with a Peanut Butter Lara Bar not that long ago. Get outta my mouth with that nonsense! ;)

Most of the Lara bars are nasty & not worth the calories.

The only flavor I have enjoyed has been the Gingerbread flavor.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Agreed, I've yet to meet one that I like and now they are off limits again anyway so I am not putting myself through that disappointment again. Similarly I don't at all understand the hype re: Oh Yeah bars. They taste very weird and are a bizarre consistency to me. Give me original recipe Quest or give me nothing! Haha ;)

In kind of keeping with protein bar reviews I confess I ate 5 Buff Bakers protein cookies in two days while we were in the city. I was so sure they'd be terrible, dammit! It was within budget but five??? Jfc me . No one ever let me try the birthday cake almond butter lol
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    Currently I've been eating to meal plan ( which is printed and on the fridge at home), so no logging for this girl for now.

What is the meal plan and why can't you log?

1slii3d471kx.png

This is the meal plan, it's already laid out for me so I don't want to do more work than needed aka I'm a lazy sod lol

Cool. But following something like that is too hard for me.

Usually I am the same but Martin is making the meals and we have a bunch of spices to change tastes so it's working so far. Believe me when I say I cannot wait to bulk, ALL the foods!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Agreed, I've yet to meet one that I like and now they are off limits again anyway so I am not putting myself through that disappointment again. Similarly I don't at all understand the hype re: Oh Yeah bars. They taste very weird and are a bizarre consistency to me. Give me original recipe Quest or give me nothing! Haha ;)

In kind of keeping with protein bar reviews I confess I ate 5 Buff Bakers protein cookies in two days while we were in the city. I was so sure they'd be terrible, dammit! It was within budget but five??? Jfc me . No one ever let me try the birthday cake almond butter lol

The only Lara Bar I've tried so far is the apple pie one, and meh. I don't think they're worth the calories for the small amount of protein they offer.

The Oh Yeah! One bar that I LOVE is the lemon cake! It's reminds me of lemon bars which I love. I have tried a few other varieties and I was less than impressed.

I'll say it again for the kids in the back. The best protein bar I've EVER tasted is The Best Bar Ever. I love the chocolate peanut butter, chocolate coconut (taste like an Almond Joy), and the Original which is sort of trail mixish with dried fruits and nuts.