Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving. And remember: happy people aren't always thankful, but thankful people are always happy.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I have a small hidden bag of Hersheys Kisses and I enjoy three of them three times a week with tea. I can't eat any more or I just lose it. I hide it or my husband would devour them in one sitting. They are mine, all mine. LOL.

I love this!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving American peeps!
  • Baxie23
    Baxie23 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Confession - I'm going to binge tomorrow. It's my sister's birthday and we are having mexican and cake. This binge has been coming for a while as I'm now in week 12 of a 16 week cycle before a diet break. I'm burnt out. I'm already so disappointed in myself for tomorrow's binge. ugh.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving! <3
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Baxie23 wrote: »
    Confession - I'm going to binge tomorrow. It's my sister's birthday and we are having mexican and cake. This binge has been coming for a while as I'm now in week 12 of a 16 week cycle before a diet break. I'm burnt out. I'm already so disappointed in myself for tomorrow's binge. ugh.

Dittoing Melissa here. Life is short, eat and enjoy your family! I'm going to dinner with cousins tomorrow, despite being on a cut. Just eat within reason and don't beat yourself up <3
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    So confession wise I am really struggling today. I went back to keto and cutting phase a few days ago because during my recent failed foray into carb reintroduction I regained over what I'm okay with. Now my husband, who has been entirely neutral my whole weight loss journey, is telling me to maintain where I am right now. I feel like either I have to stay feeling chubby and horrible (6lbs makes a big difference at this stage imho) so he's happy or be happy with myself again but now knowing he is less attracted to me. Why do all these aesthetic things suddenly become issues now? I was disgusting looking at 250lbs, why was nobody all over me to put down the fork then? /confessionrant :(

I am up 8 lbs or so and I agree it does make a big difference. But at 5'9 128 seems too thin? May be why your husband prefers you with 6 additional pounds.

Looking up healthy weight
    9z376o4tlfe1.png
    74skrbnagusw.png
    I'm 5'9" each body is different but my body would not look good at that weight. I imagine your husband will find you attractive at any weight but does not want you to hurt yourself trying to get to the lowest weight in your weight category.

I'm 5'9", too. I can't imagine 128 pounds. The lowest I ever have been was 144, and that was very, very thin. I'm currently shooting for 165.

Not a knock on you, Jessica, at all! It's interesting how different bodies can be.

Can you look this up for 5'7"? I'v always been curious where I should be. I think 140-145 suits me nicely though.
    this is the one I found the other day
    https://www.rush.edu/health-wellness/quick-guides/what-is-a-healthy-weight
    Another one that I look at as more realistic for me is
    http://www.calculator.net/ideal-weight-calculator.html

Well, according to the second one, I need to lose about 10 lbs. :unamused:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So confession wise I am really struggling today. I went back to keto and cutting phase a few days ago because during my recent failed foray into carb reintroduction I regained over what I'm okay with. Now my husband, who has been entirely neutral my whole weight loss journey, is telling me to maintain where I am right now. I feel like either I have to stay feeling chubby and horrible (6lbs makes a big difference at this stage imho) so he's happy or be happy with myself again but now knowing he is less attracted to me. Why do all these aesthetic things suddenly become issues now? I was disgusting looking at 250lbs, why was nobody all over me to put down the fork then? /confessionrant :(

I am up 8 lbs or so and I agree it does make a big difference. But at 5'9 128 seems too thin? May be why your husband prefers you with 6 additional pounds.

9z376o4tlfe1.png
    74skrbnagusw.png
    I'm 5'9" each body is different but my body would not look good at that weight. I imagine your husband will find you attractive at any weight but does not want you to hurt yourself trying to get to the lowest weight in your weight category.

I'm 5'9", too. I can't imagine 128 pounds. The lowest I ever have been was 144, and that was very, very thin. I'm currently shooting for 165.

Not a knock on you, Jessica, at all! It's interesting how different bodies can be.

Can you look this up for 5'7"? I'v always been curious where I should be. I think 140-145 suits me nicely though.

According to the second one I need to lose 25, but when I was 20 and weighed 138, I was bulimic and my body fat was 7-8%. I was anything but healthy.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Dittoing Melissa here. Life is short, eat and enjoy your family! I'm going to dinner with cousins tomorrow, despite being on a cut. Just eat within reason and don't beat yourself up <3

Can I just thritto this!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

9z376o4tlfe1.png
    74skrbnagusw.png

According to the second one I need to lose 25, but when I was 20 and weighed 138, I was bulimic and my body fat was 7-8%. I was anything but healthy.

This is why I have trouble taking the concept of an "ideal weight" seriously. I understand and largely agree with the applicability of BMI but who is picking these "ideal" numbers? I look chunky in the 140s because I swear I have the frame of a woman half my height. Most other women are smokin' at 140 but that doesn't make it ideal because there are women like us who look fine (even better) on other sides of the very small margin deemed "ideal". You're all babes I tell you!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    So, I ordered FOUR boxes of the Peppermint Bark (and I'm not sure I'm going to share...)

Are you talking about the Joy bars?

• raymax4
    Options

I hope you enjoyed your day and did not put yourself down for it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Why be disappointed when you have planned for a family celebration? It's one day and really only one meal. And you don't have to binge, just eat at maintenance instead of your loss calories. Please don't feel guilty for helping your sister celebrate. Life is too short for that.

Update: Turned out way better than I thought. I went over my calories but didn't even hit maintenance numbers. Enjoyed a little bit of everything and was feeling incredibly full and satisfied by the end of it all. Even better - my sister had a lovely day.

This is a wonderful update!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Why be disappointed when you have planned for a family celebration? It's one day and really only one meal. And you don't have to binge, just eat at maintenance instead of your loss calories. Please don't feel guilty for helping your sister celebrate. Life is too short for that.

Update: Turned out way better than I thought. I went over my calories but didn't even hit maintenance numbers. Enjoyed a little bit of everything and was feeling incredibly full and satisfied by the end of it all. Even better - my sister had a lovely day.

Glad you enjoyed your sister's birthday & some great food.
  • raymax4
    Options

9z376o4tlfe1.png
    74skrbnagusw.png

This is why I have trouble taking the concept of an "ideal weight" seriously. I understand and largely agree with the applicability of BMI but who is picking these "ideal" numbers? I look chunky in the 140s because I swear I have the frame of a woman half my height. Most other women are smokin' at 140 but that doesn't make it ideal because there are women like us who look fine (even better) on other sides of the very small margin deemed "ideal". You're all babes I tell you!

You're a babe too, Jessica! I have come to a spot in my life where someone else's ideal doesn't mean squat to me. My doctor told me that I look phenomenal and my lab numbers are almost perfect. That works for me.

Can I ditto this?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

That's awesome. I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself.
  • raymax4
    Options

Victory is so sweet!