Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Today's Fitjoy bar - Iced Chocolate Brownie, AKA Iced Chocolate Disappointment. Just blah, with an aftertaste of fake sweetener.

ns0kz4ug0d5i.jpg

I didn't love or hate it, but I don't think I'll buy it again. I think I'll try the mint chocolate crisp or whatever it's called next.

I have that one left, chocolate peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie dough. My Peppermint Bark were supposed to be delivered yesterday, but they didn't come... :'(

The only two I liked were the Peppermint & Gingerbread. I found the rest of the flavors bland & could majorly notice the fake sugars.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Reading this thread, I have no idea what 'birthday cake' flavour is supposed to be. Birthday cakes are all different flavours. Assuming this is an American thing?

I think it is and it's basically vanilla with vanilla icing and sprinkles. Not my favorite, but hard to make it taste really bad.

Yeah, that. And it's my least favorite. I don't understand the obsession.

Me neither! I thought I was the only one. And I love birthday cake! Fancy bakery cake, cheap grocery store cake...I never pass it up. I'm not picky about birthday cake. But we still have 1/2 a box of birthday cake oreos in the cupboard. I'm not even sure how long they've been there.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Today's Fitjoy bar - Iced Chocolate Brownie, AKA Iced Chocolate Disappointment. Just blah, with an aftertaste of fake sweetener.

ns0kz4ug0d5i.jpg

I didn't love or hate it, but I don't think I'll buy it again. I think I'll try the mint chocolate crisp or whatever it's called next.

I have that one left, chocolate peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie dough. My Peppermint Bark were supposed to be delivered yesterday, but they didn't come... :'(

The only two I liked were the Peppermint & Gingerbread. I found the rest of the flavors bland & could majorly notice the fake sugars.

I have a feeling that Peppermint Bark is going to be the only one I like. Gingerbread was too gingery for me.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Today was off to a cruddy start: Woke up early because a massage for Martin was booked prior to our regular lift session, all was well until we went to leave. We then found out our neighbour was parked in our access way (he's moving out), after waiting for 10 minutes Marting went up to get him. Knock on the door and the nieghbour goes oh yes but first come with me.... He is a wackadoodle and was telling Martin all about how our landlord is planting evidence against him (they are going to court) and he wants Martin to be a witness.... ooook then. Get to the gym late (warned the massage therapist), I do cardio etc to warm up and our gym session went well.
    Then I go to buy a new bus pass, since they were on strike for two weeks they are giving them to us half price (WOO!) but I forgot the November bus pass so I have to go get it in order to get the discount, I'll buy it tomorrow no biggie. Then I realize, wait no bus pass means how am I going to get home tonight after work!? Now I feel dumb, Martin is going to pick me up. OH and last night I left my keys to get into the office on my desk.....
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Today was off to a cruddy start: Woke up early because a massage for Martin was booked prior to our regular lift session, all was well until we went to leave. We then found out our neighbour was parked in our access way (he's moving out), after waiting for 10 minutes Marting went up to get him. Knock on the door and the nieghbour goes oh yes but first come with me.... He is a wackadoodle and was telling Martin all about how our landlord is planting evidence against him (they are going to court) and he wants Martin to be a witness.... ooook then. Get to the gym late (warned the massage therapist), I do cardio etc to warm up and our gym session went well.
    Then I go to buy a new bus pass, since they were on strike for two weeks they are giving them to us half price (WOO!) but I forgot the November bus pass so I have to go get it in order to get the discount, I'll buy it tomorrow no biggie. Then I realize, wait no bus pass means how am I going to get home tonight after work!? Now I feel dumb, Martin is going to pick me up. OH and last night I left my keys to get into the office on my desk.....

Ugh! Hard reset!
  • quiksylver296
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Mint Chocolate Crisp - flavor is close to Winter Peppermint Bark. So far, this is probably my second favorite. I didn't notice any "crisp" though.

32iudpomt0n6.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I can't believe how crappy the online sales have been this year. I wonder if sales will be better after Christmas?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread, I have no idea what 'birthday cake' flavour is supposed to be. Birthday cakes are all different flavours. Assuming this is an American thing?

I think it is and it's basically vanilla with vanilla icing and sprinkles. Not my favorite, but hard to make it taste really bad.

Ditto, Quik! Give me real cake!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Mint Chocolate Crisp - flavor is close to Winter Peppermint Bark. So far, this is probably my second favorite. I didn't notice any "crisp" though.

32iudpomt0n6.jpg

I also had that today. It's the second one I've had and it's my second least favorite. :tongue:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

Me neither! I thought I was the only one. And I love birthday cake! Fancy bakery cake, cheap grocery store cake...I never pass it up. I'm not picky about birthday cake. But we still have 1/2 a box of birthday cake oreos in the cupboard. I'm not even sure how long they've been there.

No judgment, but toss those Oreos. They aren't bourbon and won't get better with age.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

ns0kz4ug0d5i.jpg

I have a feeling that Peppermint Bark is going to be the only one I like. Gingerbread was too gingery for me.

There is no such thing as too gingerly.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I confess that I saw this thread in the list and it said "1.5k new"
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I confess that I saw this thread in the list and it said "1.5k new"

We're chatty. ;)
  • quiksylver296
    Options

ns0kz4ug0d5i.jpg

There is no such thing as too gingerly.

You'd like it, then!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I confess that finally being able to get back into my pink 00 jeans (they're still a little tighter than i want but thems be the breaks when you do stupid things ykwim?) was the only thing that kept me from throwing up my hands this morning and eating EVERYTHING. Apparently I need to wear them forever, maybe sleep in them lmao ;)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I confess that finally being able to get back into my pink 00 jeans (they're still a little tighter than i want but thems be the breaks when you do stupid things ykwim?) was the only thing that kept me from throwing up my hands this morning and eating EVERYTHING. Apparently I need to wear them forever, maybe sleep in them lmao ;)

Ooh, maybe I should live in my "goal jeans", too. I like it. Looking at the muffin top should have some effect on my consumption. Plus, no room to fill the belly, those jeans are still pretty tight. :p

Mine too. I wore them yesterday evening, but they are not comfy yet.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Last one - chocolate chip cookie dough. Definitely my second favorite after peppermint bark. Doesn't taste like cookie dough, it's almost caramel-y. I could see myself buying a box of this flavor now and again.

1sivknyppl8c.jpg
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Ooh, maybe I should live in my "goal jeans", too. I like it. Looking at the muffin top should have some effect on my consumption. Plus, no room to fill the belly, those jeans are still pretty tight. :p

Thankfully they don't really look any different in how they wear except maybe I'm filling out the thighs a little too well (I want to pretend this is glyco gains because I run so much but...it's not -_- ) but the feel of them is a constant reminder of my dietary shenanigans lol.
    Last one - chocolate chip cookie dough. Definitely my second favorite after peppermint bark. Doesn't taste like cookie dough, it's almost caramel-y. I could see myself buying a box of this flavor now and again.

1sivknyppl8c.jpg

Not gonna lie, your mostly not favorable reviews of the fit Joy bars have been helpful in my resolve to not try them haha. The bark sounds good but Canada so we get so little of the promo stuff you do thankfully
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Thankfully they don't really look any different in how they wear except maybe I'm filling out the thighs a little too well (I want to pretend this is glyco gains because I run so much but...it's not -_- ) but the feel of them is a constant reminder of my dietary shenanigans lol.

1sivknyppl8c.jpg

Not gonna lie, your mostly not favorable reviews of the fit Joy bars have been helpful in my resolve to not try them haha. The bark sounds good but Canada so we get so little of the promo stuff you do thankfully

I don't mind saving people from bad protein bars! LOL