Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have zero worries about being super white in a swimming costume. I don't tan, I just burn. Wednesday Adams is my style icon so I don't mind at all!

I do wear a high necked cozzie. I just hate having cleavage when I'm trying to exercise in public. I don't tend to show cleavage very often, why would I want to in the pool?

Don't think I've ever worn a bikini in my life. I've just never wanted to. Now I have a crepe paper belly I can't see that changing. At least I don't miss it.

This! I would go for a Victorian swimsuit if I could. I did use to wear surf shorts when I was younger. It meant I didn't have to shave. :+1:
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I have zero worries about being super white in a swimming costume. I don't tan, I just burn. Wednesday Adams is my style icon so I don't mind at all!

I do wear a high necked cozzie. I just hate having cleavage when I'm trying to exercise in public. I don't tend to show cleavage very often, why would I want to in the pool?

Don't think I've ever worn a bikini in my life. I've just never wanted to. Now I have a crepe paper belly I can't see that changing. At least I don't miss it.

This! I would go for a Victorian swimsuit if I could. I did use to wear surf shorts when I was younger. It meant I didn't have to shave. :+1:

I still try and find suits with the mini shorts. I have a round backside and everything creeps into the wrong place.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I went to my chiropractor last night and when I walked in he was talking to his previous appointment about the "blood type diet." Pretty sure I rolled my eyes out loud. Then he began to ask me about my powerlifting, and he about lost his kitten when I told him I was currently on 50% carbs. He seriously asked me "What's the science behind that?" I thought, "You've got to be kidding me?!? You were just advocating the blood type diet to someone, and you want to know the 'science' behind mine?!?"

He's a really nice guy and a terrific chiropractor, but I won't be taking diet advice from him anytime soon. :D

Mine is like that too. Great at adjustments and all, but don't try and sell me the latest diet you are advertising.

Or essential oils, or...

I've always wondered why it's called essential oils. How have I made it this far through life without something essential!?

The linguist in me is assuming it refers to 'essence' but I like to be facetious.

I never thought about it! Maybe because they want you to think they are essential?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I went to my chiropractor last night and when I walked in he was talking to his previous appointment about the "blood type diet." Pretty sure I rolled my eyes out loud. Then he began to ask me about my powerlifting, and he about lost his kitten when I told him I was currently on 50% carbs. He seriously asked me "What's the science behind that?" I thought, "You've got to be kidding me?!? You were just advocating the blood type diet to someone, and you want to know the 'science' behind mine?!?"

He's a really nice guy and a terrific chiropractor, but I won't be taking diet advice from him anytime soon. :D

Mine is like that too. Great at adjustments and all, but don't try and sell me the latest diet you are advertising.

Or essential oils, or...

I've always wondered why it's called essential oils. How have I made it this far through life without something essential!?

The linguist in me is assuming it refers to 'essence' but I like to be facetious.

My grandmother, born in 1894 & living in 3rd world Southern Appalachia, considered the plants they come from essential for healing. She was especially fond of chamomile, sage, ginger, peppermint and a plant called blood root. And jewel fern for poison ivy/oak/sumac.

She raised 14 kids in a house without electricity, with spring water,so and no money for doctors. All but two made it to adulthood, two of the adults are buried at Normandy. She knew her natural medicine. I would still rather eat the spices, but the oils have their value, I think and I would pay good money for a blood root plant. It's a natural clotting agent.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I confess that I totally dropped the ball on eating well and logging yesterday and that I absolutely don't care. I just needed a break from thinking about it yesterday. I also chose to out off running in favor of a nap. Running will happen today.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Or essential oils, or...

My grandmother, born in 1894 & living in 3rd world Southern Appalachia, considered the plants they come from essential for healing. She was especially fond of chamomile, sage, ginger, peppermint and a plant called blood root. And jewel fern for poison ivy/oak/sumac.

She raised 14 kids in a house without electricity, with spring water,so and no money for doctors. All but two made it to adulthood, two of the adults are buried at Normandy. She knew her natural medicine. I would still rather eat the spices, but the oils have their value, I think and I would pay good money for a blood root plant. It's a natural clotting agent.

Well, there you go! Essential oils because they are essential.

Also, holy crap 14 children! :#
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I confess that I totally dropped the ball on eating well and logging yesterday and that I absolutely don't care. I just needed a break from thinking about it yesterday. I also chose to out off running in favor of a nap. Running will happen today.

If you need a day off, you need a day off. :+1:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Or essential oils, or...

She had 6 when her first husband died in a coal mine. My grandfather's first wife died in childbirth having #5. They got married and had 3 together. By the time my mom was born in 1936, the three oldest were out of the house, but living nearby.
    Oh, and I just realized that I typo'd Mammaw's birth year. It was 1897, not 1894.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Or essential oils, or...

She had 6 when her first husband died in a coal mine. My grandfather's first wife died in childbirth having #5. They got married and had 3 together. By the time my mom was born in 1936, the three oldest were out of the house, but living nearby.
    Oh, and I just realized that I typo'd Mammaw's birth year. It was 1897, not 1894.

Oh so only 9 :# I plan on 2 MAX lol

On that point I'm kinda scared about that because we have twins that run in the family. I will be praying to every God in every religion that THAT doesn't happen. Not that I have a figure to ruin, but just, ouch.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Or essential oils, or...

On that point I'm kinda scared about that because we have twins that run in the family. I will be praying to every God in every religion that THAT doesn't happen. Not that I have a figure to ruin, but just, ouch.

I have four and actual parenting is harder than natural childbirth. I am constantly amazed that they raised 12 kids to adulthood and only one turned out to be a useless idiot. (My dad threw her out of my mom's funeral.)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I bought my husband a Man Crate for Valentine's Day. I had them gift wrap it in a duct tape cocoon. He's going to love and hate it. :D

That was an option?!? AWESOME!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Or essential oils, or...

They were kickass back in the day. My grandma was a tiny little woman who had 13 children and lived to 100. She was born in 1909 and didn't get to vote until after ww2. Always makes me appreciate what I have.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Or essential oils, or...

I wouldn't worry too much from a body pov. A friend of mine had twins who weighed the same as my single baby (and they weren't preemies)! I'm sure it's very hard work, but she looks fabulous. Lucky genetics maybe, some people bounce back and some not so much.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I had 3000 calories on Saturday....Included pizza, ice cream, cider, whiskey..... And only the 6th day back on the wagon too.

Worth it ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I bought my husband a Man Crate for Valentine's Day. I had them gift wrap it in a duct tape cocoon. He's going to love and hate it. :D

What is a man crate?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I had 3000 calories on Saturday....Included pizza, ice cream, cider, whiskey..... And only the 6th day back on the wagon too.

Worth it ;)

Sounds like it was good eating.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

What is a man crate?

I love that you always ask what I'd like to know.