Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MsFlabULess
    MsFlabULess Posts: 224 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    So my daughter's bday party was a success! And no I didn't work out hahaha but I only when up 1.2 from the whole weekend! Yesterday I was doing really well until we got to our very far away destination and they had a Culvers... mmmm butter burgers! So, yesterday ended up being a wash but that's ok today is another day! I also got my new glasses so yay! Ya that post was kind of all over the place sooooo ya.... I can still do the splits though! I consider myself very flexible for a fatty! :tongue:
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My flexibility on a scale of 1-10 would be around -5 I'm so stiff most of the time you would think I had rigor mortis.

So, what's 10 on this scale? Able to do a split?

I doubt that you are really a - 5 because you can swim so must have flexibility in your shoulders.

I can do crow, various forms of Pigeon and plow in yoga class, so I would give myself a 7 of 10, I guess. A split will never happen for me again, my lower spine and hips are arthritic.

ok, maybe a 3 at best. I can just about touch my toes if I work hard at it. I have really tight hamstrings so I have to work with resistance bands first. I wouldn't think swimming involved flexibility? I've never tried crow, but I would like to get there one day. I would love, love to be able to do a headstand. Maybe not this year though.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    My flexibility on a scale of 1-10 would be around -5 I'm so stiff most of the time you would think I had rigor mortis.

I doubt that you are really a - 5 because you can swim so must have flexibility in your shoulders.

I can do crow, various forms of Pigeon and plow in yoga class, so I would give myself a 7 of 10, I guess. A split will never happen for me again, my lower spine and hips are arthritic.

ok, maybe a 3 at best. I can just about touch my toes if I work hard at it. I have really tight hamstrings so I have to work with resistance bands first. I wouldn't think swimming involved flexibility? I've never tried crow, but I would like to get there one day. I would love, love to be able to do a headstand. Maybe not this year though.

Maybe you don't think of it as flexibility, but my brother tore his rotator cuff and couldn't swim freestyle or backstroke for a year because his shoulder flexibility was ruined. Flexibility is just another name for range of motion.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Same. I'm not sure I can even claim 5/10... :#

Lol *kitten* lifting problems! I have to dedicate at least 10 minutes a day to foam roll and stretch or I'm so stiff and screwed
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    i74tle3r09ya.jpg
    Munchkin is a month old! What the heck!!!

Awww! This is the first pic of him I've seen. Or the first time I heard his name. <3
  • MsFlabULess
    MsFlabULess Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i74tle3r09ya.jpg

Sooo cute!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Wow, Vix! It's already been a month!! :o
    He's adorable! I bet you're dying to meet him!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

i74tle3r09ya.jpg

Awww! This is the first pic of him I've seen. Or the first time I heard his name. <3

GASP! I try not to blow up my facebook feed with him because my mom and sister do that soo much already haha. His full name is Bennett Jeffery. Bennett after his daddy and Jeffery after his uncle who passed of childhood cancer.
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Wow, Vix! It's already been a month!! :o
    He's adorable! I bet you're dying to meet him!

Mom's going next week and I'll be there in a month and a week. I cannot wait!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    So my daughter's bday party was a success! And no I didn't work out hahaha but I only when up 1.2 from the whole weekend! Yesterday I was doing really well until we got to our very far away destination and they had a Culvers... mmmm butter burgers! So, yesterday ended up being a wash but that's ok today is another day! I also got my new glasses so yay! Ya that post was kind of all over the place sooooo ya.... I can still do the splits though! I consider myself very flexible for a fatty! :tongue:

Every life must have days like this!
  • raymax4
    Options

You are not alone!
  • raymax4
    Options
    i74tle3r09ya.jpg

Awwwwe!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    i74tle3r09ya.jpg

WOW that happened fast!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I am about 2 or 3 inches off a proper split on the left. I used to be able to over-split on on the left and normal split on the right, so I feel super stiff to myself. I've never ever been able to do a full box split. Apparently I'm not built for it. I feel like my hips aren't quite lining up like they used to since having Andrew (I had hip pain for most of pregnancy) so I daren't try sideways leg movement too much.

On the plus side, I have become awesome at swimming front crawl because breast stroke was too painful.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I am about 2 or 3 inches off a proper split on the left. I used to be able to over-split on on the left and normal split on the right, so I feel super stiff to myself. I've never ever been able to do a full box split. Apparently I'm not built for it. I feel like my hips aren't quite lining up like they used to since having Andrew (I had hip pain for most of pregnancy) so I daren't try sideways leg movement too much.

On the plus side, I have become awesome at swimming front crawl because breast stroke was too painful.

I could oversplit before kids and can't get close after 4. I could never box split, owing to minor scoliosis. That's life. I'm happy with the kiddos and who needs to do a split at 48?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    i74tle3r09ya.jpg

Aw he's adorable! Just think that the month will soon fly by & you'll be able to give all the cuddles & kisses.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to touch the back of my head with my toes. I'm about two ft off now! My back flexibility has really tanked! Oh well.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    i74tle3r09ya.jpg

Wow I can't believe it's been a month! He is beyond cute!!! <3