Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Today is pretty much day three of working after sleeping on the couch all night. I am a light sleeper and my husband's snoring has gotten worse as of late. I know it bothers him when I do it, but I cannot lay in bed awake all night. Any suggestions other than the usual melatonin and magnesium?

I kick mine a lot lol . I know for my husband though it's a weight thing, when he is sub 200's we don't have this issue. Hang in there!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    It must be spring. The bear that showed up in my friend's neighborhood last fall turned over her trash cans and got one her neighbors chickens. I will have to be careful to run in full daylight, I guess.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    It must be spring. The bear that showed up in my friend's neighborhood last fall turned over her trash cans and got one her neighbors chickens. I will have to be careful to run in full daylight, I guess.

Ugh be careful! Our town trail system has quite a few bears, I encountered one last year running and it scared the eff out of me (conversely I'm pretty sure it didn't even realize I was there lol).
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    TMW2119 wrote: »
    TMW2119 wrote: »
    I found chocolate in my sports bra. I feel so dirty and ashamed. :D

I am guessing this is chocolate crumbs/flakes from eating chocolate. In which case, you were either fueling before or refueling after a workout. It's fine, just remember to wash it next time. :wink:

My husband surprised me with a Kind bar that I would never buy for myself. It was basically a candy bar wrapped in a healthy label.

Yes and lots of nuts
  • raymax4
    Options
    On two cheat days, I planned to eat "a little bit" of ice cream, but then it turned into the entire pint ._.; Doesn't happen often, but still.. THAT'S a lot of ice cream in a day! One time, it was the only thing I ate that day...

I can see myself doing that
  • raymax4
    Options
    Today is pretty much day three of working after sleeping on the couch all night. I am a light sleeper and my husband's snoring has gotten worse as of late. I know it bothers him when I do it, but I cannot lay in bed awake all night. Any suggestions other than the usual melatonin and magnesium?

Have you tried the earplugs you can get at Home Depot? They are fit men working with loud machines. Basically they are made of some sort of soft foam that you roll in you fingers and stick in your ears. The foam then expands to fill your ear canal. They are easy to use and are disposable when you are done.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Dang, sorry I suggested it in the Batcave. Should have read here first. I used ear plugs when Danny sores.

How about Duct Tape?
    For him or for her?

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    On two cheat days, I planned to eat "a little bit" of ice cream, but then it turned into the entire pint ._.; Doesn't happen often, but still.. THAT'S a lot of ice cream in a day! One time, it was the only thing I ate that day...

It would only be too much if it didn't fit in your calories for the day & even if it doesn't at times we all deserve to take a diet break to make sure we don't become too obsessed with dieting, calorie counting, & weighing food.

I know there's been times when I'm either PMSing or in a binge mood where I've polished off a 12 serving container of ice cream or had two or three pints of ice cream.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Dang, sorry I suggested it in the Batcave. Should have read here first. I used ear plugs when Danny sores.

How about Duct Tape?

:D
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

I know your pain. In my world ice cream only has two portion sizes: none of tons!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

Spring is busten' out all over!
    First bluebonnet this season
    vq1trcos27mh.jpg

Oh, thank you! I needed that. I have daffodils coming up, but it is going to snow tomorrow and they will freeze. I love the beauty of spring, but the bears, not so much.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

Hubby and I have discussed the adjustable bed (can't think of the brand. A sleep number, maybe?) where you can raise their side a bit when they are snoring too bad. Other than that, I use ear plugs.

We have the tempurpedic adjustable and sometimes it helps, other times, he snores no matter his position. I wish I could sleep in that bed more. I love it.

Does he need a CPAP machine?

Sometimes I think so. He isn't overweight but snores like a bear. Sometimes he will gasp at night too.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

I kick mine a lot lol . I know for my husband though it's a weight thing, when he is sub 200's we don't have this issue. Hang in there!

I found some earplugs online that I am going to try out. I think it might take a bit though as they are being shipped from across the pond! I also spend a lot of time kicking or pushing him to turn over. Problem with him, he snores in any position.
    Lois, I will be trying the magnesium citrate you recommended in the Cave. Who knows? I wish I could convince him to have a sleep study done.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hubby and I have discussed the adjustable bed (can't think of the brand. A sleep number, maybe?) where you can raise their side a bit when they are snoring too bad. Other than that, I use ear plugs.

We have the tempurpedic adjustable and sometimes it helps, other times, he snores no matter his position. I wish I could sleep in that bed more. I love it.

Sometimes I think so. He isn't overweight but snores like a bear. Sometimes he will gasp at night too.

Overweight isn't the only cause. I hope you can find a solution soon.
    ETA: if he is snoring in any position, he does need a sleep study. It could be sleep apnea or a chronic sinus issue.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

My brother has very low body fat, is in excellent shape (runs marathons), but has to sleep with a CPAP. Sleep apnea.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

I found some earplugs online that I am going to try out. I think it might take a bit though as they are being shipped from across the pond! I also spend a lot of time kicking or pushing him to turn over. Problem with him, he snores in any position.
    Lois, I will be trying the magnesium citrate you recommended in the Cave. Who knows? I wish I could convince him to have a sleep study done.

Dittoing all of the bolded. I have ended up sleeping on the sofa, and he felt bad and told me to wake him up and he will sleep on the sofa. Then I feel bad. He keeps telling me to record it so he can hear it, but I don't have the heart!

I got my magnesium citrate through the post today, they are fecking HUGE! I don't know how I'm going to swallow them. You can have up to 400mg, but I'm going to start with 1 pill and go up.
  • MsFlabULess
    MsFlabULess Posts: 224 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Had my lunch all planned out yesterday of what I was going to eat (roasted turkey sandwich and no fries) at the restaurant me and my new found friend were going to (I've been in a 3 day meeting and we just clicked instantly) got there....ended up with an amazing cheeseburger and fries mmmm!! So for dinner I changed it up a little bit since I had to quick add a guess of the calories for lunch to try and offset it because I'm sure I was off on my guess. I tried all day to walk my a** off hahaha and then after dinner I had a FAT slice of bday cake lmao all that walking and adjusting just to end up eating cake hahaha I ate like 2100 cals yesterday with the lunch and the cake being an estimate....went down .4 today yesssssss! Now I'm 2lbs. from my lowest :neutral: and all I can think about is French toast sigh....