Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Today is pretty much day three of working after sleeping on the couch all night. I am a light sleeper and my husband's snoring has gotten worse as of late. I know it bothers him when I do it, but I cannot lay in bed awake all night. Any suggestions other than the usual melatonin and magnesium?

I kick mine a lot lol . I know for my husband though it's a weight thing, when he is sub 200's we don't have this issue. Hang in there!

I found some earplugs online that I am going to try out. I think it might take a bit though as they are being shipped from across the pond! I also spend a lot of time kicking or pushing him to turn over. Problem with him, he snores in any position.
    Lois, I will be trying the magnesium citrate you recommended in the Cave. Who knows? I wish I could convince him to have a sleep study done.

Dittoing all of the bolded. I have ended up sleeping on the sofa, and he felt bad and told me to wake him up and he will sleep on the sofa. Then I feel bad. He keeps telling me to record it so he can hear it, but I don't have the heart!

I got my magnesium citrate through the post today, they are fecking HUGE! I don't know how I'm going to swallow them. You can have up to 400mg, but I'm going to start with 1 pill and go up.

The mag citrate I bought came in softgels, so I hope they won't be a problem. Good luck. I know I have a hard time with large pills if they are not coated.

I usually chew food till just before I swallow it. Then I stick the offensive pill in the middle of the food and swallow.

Ha ha I find all pills offensive. If I think about it I struggle. If I'm in pain, it goes down a treat (I wonder why!)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Today is pretty much day three of working after sleeping on the couch all night. I am a light sleeper and my husband's snoring has gotten worse as of late. I know it bothers him when I do it, but I cannot lay in bed awake all night. Any suggestions other than the usual melatonin and magnesium?

I kick mine a lot lol . I know for my husband though it's a weight thing, when he is sub 200's we don't have this issue. Hang in there!

I found some earplugs online that I am going to try out. I think it might take a bit though as they are being shipped from across the pond! I also spend a lot of time kicking or pushing him to turn over. Problem with him, he snores in any position.
    Lois, I will be trying the magnesium citrate you recommended in the Cave. Who knows? I wish I could convince him to have a sleep study done.

Dittoing all of the bolded. I have ended up sleeping on the sofa, and he felt bad and told me to wake him up and he will sleep on the sofa. Then I feel bad. He keeps telling me to record it so he can hear it, but I don't have the heart!

I got my magnesium citrate through the post today, they are fecking HUGE! I don't know how I'm going to swallow them. You can have up to 400mg, but I'm going to start with 1 pill and go up.

The mag citrate I bought came in softgels, so I hope they won't be a problem. Good luck. I know I have a hard time with large pills if they are not coated.

They are coated, but I have an issue with pills. I kind of panic and my throat freezes up. Then I try and swallow and all I swallow is the water and the pill is still in my mouth so I have to get more water etc. I got there in the end, its a bit like stage fright, but swallowing pills. Once I've done it a couple of times I'll probably get over it.

That is me with the uncoated tablets. Anything dry that might stick in my throat will do it. I have gagged myself on those before. I had some large L-Lysine tablets that would try to choke me. Lots of water is all I can recommend and making sure you have a rescue person nearby in case you choke!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

I usually chew food till just before I swallow it. Then I stick the offensive pill in the middle of the food and swallow.

Kind of hard for me to do at bedtime. I usually take all my supplements before bed.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Sour cream belongs on tacos and fajitas and that is it. :lol:

Oh and chilli.

Baked potato? In coffee cake and stroganoff?

uuuuh, not sure about a baked potato never tried that, its normally butter or baked beans. I didn't know it was in coffee cake, I'll let that one slide because, cake, and I don't think I've known it to be on/in a stroganoff. If it makes you happy Mel, you can have sour cream on whatever you want :)

I will. I like it.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Ha ha I find all pills offensive. If I think about it I struggle. If I'm in pain, it goes down a treat (I wonder why!)

I'm that weirdo that can dry swallow any pill. I mean I take water because taking pills without anything in my belly makes me nauseous, otherwise meh.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Oh and chilli.

uuuuh, not sure about a baked potato never tried that, its normally butter or baked beans. I didn't know it was in coffee cake, I'll let that one slide because, cake, and I don't think I've known it to be on/in a stroganoff. If it makes you happy Mel, you can have sour cream on whatever you want :)

Sour cream and chives on a baked potato are great. And in stroganoff (although I haven't had that on over 20 years).
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

I'm that weirdo that can dry swallow any pill. I mean I take water because taking pills without anything in my belly makes me nauseous, otherwise meh.

Yeah, Danny is the same. Every time he is just like: *swallows* gone *shrugs* "I don't see the problem". *kitten*. :unamused: Not you, Danny. :smile:
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

Oh and chilli.

Sour cream and chives on a baked potato are great. And in stroganoff (although I haven't had that on over 20 years).

Since I'm low-carb and can't have potato, I'll take your word for it POF. Although, I'm pretty sure I could make stroganoff low-carb...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Oh and chilli.

Yeah, POF, I can't imagine stroganoff fits in your vegan lifestyle. That is a ton of dairy and meat in one dish. But it's yummy. (Confession: I haven't made it since my celiac diagnosis. No wonder losing weight was easier this time.)
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

I marvel at people like you!
  • MsFlabULess
    MsFlabULess Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Oh and chilli.

Since I'm low-carb and can't have potato, I'll take your word for it POF. Although, I'm pretty sure I could make stroganoff low-carb...

I second the potato with sour cream and chives! Tacos, Nachos, Burritos, Omelet's (spelling looks weird), Pretty much like 85% of what I eat I will probably put sour cream on it...and not just a "dollop of daisy" I'm talking like a MOUNTAIN of daisy! :lol:
  • raymax4
    Options
    the moon was remarkable tonight
    ebqs4hvq1qul.png
  • Oberon21
    Options
    the moon was remarkable tonight
    ebqs4hvq1qul.png

I love that you can get pictures like that. Gorgeous.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I forgot to wear green today. :(
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I accidentally wore green today! Woo! 0wd2ds3wzon1.jpg
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited March 2017
    Options

You aren't Catholic, are you? Not that you likely know that Protestant Irish wear orange as a declaration of allegiance to the Church of England, but there you have it. I am from an intermarried family and am wearing green pants and an orange sweater today. My ancestors can fight over me. :)
  • raymax4
    Options

I accidentally wore green today! Woo! 0wd2ds3wzon1.jpg

You look so young in that picture!
    Love tha Darth Vader shirt
  • raymax4
    Options

You aren't Catholic, are you? Not that you likely know that Protestant Irish wear orange as a declaration of allegiance to the Church of England, but there you have it. I am from an intermarried family and am wearing green pants and an orange sweater today. My ancestors can fight over me. :)

Hope they don't have a tugowar over you
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Hi! St Patrick's fun fact for yall!
    I grew up Roman Catholic but consider myself more spiritual/pagan as of late. I'm of Celtic heritage as well (although I am truly a European mutt). Yes I am wearing green :)
    kkuq9fjj472h.jpg
  • Oberon21
    Options

I am Irish Catholic