Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Vacation starts tomorrow!!! I am soooooo excited! I'm getting me a trough of Starbucks in the morning and I can't wait for its sugary goodness! I'm so ready for food I can taste it! :wink:

Have fun! I want a full report with pictures.

Ditto!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Happy birthday, POF!!!

Get better, lil Andrew.

Morning, all. Deep into trial prep for next week. Busy freaking days. Ugh.

Thank you! Cool on trial prep. Can we get some shots of you in court??? Looking all official and officer like?

Not sure the judge would be cool with that.

"Your Honor, can we take a recess so I can get a good selfie?" :D

Get someone to secretly take it. :) With you on the witness stand and everything.

I always find it weird Americans can film court cases. Our court illustrators aren't even allowed to draw in there, they just take notes then produce the images later. I suspect doing anything in secret would get you expelled or even charged with contempt of court. Thankfully I've never come close enough to the system to know such things for sure!

I agree with the weird thing! We aren't allowed to film it either, however reporters etc are allowed in the room.

The judge actually has to decide on a case-by-case basis (oh, the pun!) whether s/he will allow cameras in the courtroom. They are actually NOT allowed unless the judge decides to allow them. The media petitions the judge, requesting access.

That was one of the relatively big issues in the OJ Simpson trial.

On the subject who all thinks that he's guilty?

On an ID channel show they mentioned that his son could have been involved (I had no idea he had an older son & thought they meant his younger son Justin).

I feel he's guilty in that he either did it himself, had his older son kill them, or he hired a hitman (and in that scenario he would still be guilty).

I watched a series on Netflix on OJ. Cuba Gooding played OJ. It was excellent and all those lawyers who got him off should be ashamed of themselves. I don't know how they lived with themselves.

I watched that, too. It was good.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I took my last anti-anxiety pill this morning, tomorrow I am going to be officially unmedicated for the first time in just over two years. I'm one part excited and one part terrified.

You got this Vix! If need anyone to lean on you have all of us.

Absolutely!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ugh I am spring cleaning my pantry, freezers, & fridge & getting rid of food that's expired & making it look nice again instead of a jumbled mess.

I took today off and spent 3 hours just putting laundry away. It makes such a difference when your house is all clean.

Now to just tackle that closet...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I DID IT!!! TEN PULL-UPS!!! Close grip, which are easier, but still...

gw7uc5tn7mlm.gif

AMAZING Wonder Woman!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Ugh I am spring cleaning my pantry, freezers, & fridge & getting rid of food that's expired & making it look nice again instead of a jumbled mess.

I took today off and spent 3 hours just putting laundry away. It makes such a difference when your house is all clean.

I need to do that, badly...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    jennylm87 wrote: »
    I ate a ton of my son's Honeycomb cereal after I'd finished logging my calories for the day and just didn't log it.

Ooooh, I haven't had that in ages. I may need to add that to my grocery list.

Oh I used to love honeycomb cereal! It was 2nd to Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Vacation starts tomorrow!!! I am soooooo excited! I'm getting me a trough of Starbucks in the morning and I can't wait for its sugary goodness! I'm so ready for food I can taste it! :wink:

Have an amazing time!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Here is my confession....

I had to skip my riding lesson last night to work on a presentation for this AM (which then got cancelled....) and I decided to celebrate my birthday early. I bought a bottle of champagne (yep, sober streak broken, Quik), a package of Nutter Butters and I sat working on updating the presentation while drinking champagne and eating nutter butters and watching NCIS on Netflix for an early birthday night.

Might sound sad but it was rather pleasant. I enjoyed myself. :)

So here is my new personal challenge.... #fabulousfit50. I have one year to get my butt in shape for 50. I want to look amazing for that milestone! So back to no drinking and I need to get my butt in gear training!

How did I get to be 50??? Or rather 49....
    I know this is late9rx4m4qj9jj7.png
    Happy birthday!

This was too cute!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Happy birthday, POF!!!

Get better, lil Andrew.

Thank you! Cool on trial prep. Can we get some shots of you in court??? Looking all official and officer like?

Get someone to secretly take it. :) With you on the witness stand and everything.

I always find it weird Americans can film court cases. Our court illustrators aren't even allowed to draw in there, they just take notes then produce the images later. I suspect doing anything in secret would get you expelled or even charged with contempt of court. Thankfully I've never come close enough to the system to know such things for sure!

I agree with the weird thing! We aren't allowed to film it either, however reporters etc are allowed in the room.

The judge actually has to decide on a case-by-case basis (oh, the pun!) whether s/he will allow cameras in the courtroom. They are actually NOT allowed unless the judge decides to allow them. The media petitions the judge, requesting access.

And can I say that judge made a huge mistake letting that trial be broadcast.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I need to do that, badly...

I needed it to.im also off tomorrow and going to my mom's to spend some time mentally organizing my dissertation. I needed a few days of 'me' time.
  • MsFlabULess
    MsFlabULess Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Have an amazing time!

Thank you! I just got done with a defensive driving class now I'm scared to hit the road tomorrow haha! It was pretty brutal...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Confession: I took my last anti-anxiety pill this morning, tomorrow I am going to be officially unmedicated for the first time in just over two years. I'm one part excited and one part terrified.

Best of luck. My folders and toes are crossed for you to stay off of them.

Auto correct wins again! Unless Mel is really gong to cross her folders :p

There are enough of them at my desk to do that, but I did mean fingers. Earlier today I sent my husband a text and it corrected something to "lifting chicken"

Lifting chickens would be very hard.... ;)

I had a mental picture of the chicken trying to deadlift, actually.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, POF!!!

Get better, lil Andrew.

When I was on jury duty, we had to give the bailiff our cell phones.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Andrew has this funny habit of pulling up my trouser leg and kissing my shins. It's cute but gross. He is super delicate about it but I am covered in drool and snot. I don't have the heart to tell him no when he's being gentle for once! Funny boy.

It's the only part he can reach right now. :lol: bless him
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Andrew has this funny habit of pulling up my trouser leg and kissing my shins. It's cute but gross. He is super delicate about it but I am covered in drool and snot. I don't have the heart to tell him no when he's being gentle for once! Funny boy.

That's adorable & true at the same time.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I confess I am a horrible aunt since last week I was feeding Sarah some kind of chicken & noodles meal & she turned her head while I was trying to give her a spoonful & jabbed her in the eye.

She looked at me like WTF Aunt Kelly? If looks could kill I would've been dead on the spot.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Oh no, he can headbutt you in the crotch if he so fancies. He's half my height already. I reckon he'll be taller than me by the time he's 10.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I have a horrible phlegmy cough but whenever I try to clear it I run the risk of puking (the gag reflex is strong at the moment). Andrew has it too. So we've​been having some crappy night's. And I ate far too many dorritos today. Never a good idea!

I'm a ray of sunshine today!