Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    tjulgrim wrote: »
    I tried to sell myself on the idea that eating a HUGE spoonful (3-4 tablespoons) of peanut butter and then sprinkling chocolate chips and sometimes banana slices on the spoon as i ate it was a "healthy" 10PM snack....but it's like 400 calories of fat and sugar. I only recently began logging this transgression.

Save it for a day that you have a lot of extra calories from exercise & log it on the food scale in a bowl to ensure accuracy.

Sounds amazing sans the banana slices.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    My son gave me 2 huge jars of nutella for Christmas last year. . They lasted 2 weeks. I take a spoon and eat straight from jar.
    Havent had Nutella since then. I can't control myself around it

Eh, we all have something like that. Mine is peanut butter. I don't like hazelnut so Nutella is not a problem for me.

Speaking of hazelnut, I put on a pink t-shirt and shorts yesterday after work and then stopped at my coffee shop (the one I have been going to since 2007, locally owned, everyone knows me). The barista on duty said "you look good in pink, why don't you wear it?" I said, "So my inner Mean Girl can ambush people, but it's Wednesday, so make me a Mean Girl latte." He made me a skim pumpkin spice latte with a pump of hazelnut, for bitterness. LOL.

:D Mel that is freaking hilarious!

Almost spit out my Diet Mountain Dew!

So, I should order another one today, even though I'm wearing a burnt orange shirt? LOL

ETA: I have a meeting with the VP for finance later. I really need to control my inner Mean Girl today.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a ridiculous amount of food today. For some reason I'm just curious nstantly hungry. And my host mom gave me a pastry for breakfast, which I decided was a sign to have a "*kitten*-it" day and eat at maintenance even though I feel really fat lately.
    Slow progress is better than no progress, slow progress is better than no progress...
    I figure as long as I keep weekly deficits I can incorporate binge days like this into my new "lifestyle"
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Slow progress is better than no progress, slow progress is better than no progress...
    I figure as long as I keep weekly deficits I can incorporate binge days like this into my new "lifestyle"

This is true. And if I start the day with any kind of pastry, the rest of my day is shot.

In other news, I ate guacamole for breakfast this morning because nothing else sounded good. I am a wacko.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    Aaaand then I had chia pudding twice and jelly beans.
    And didn't lie to get out of dinner with my host family, so then I had pasta.
    But I had a nice dinner and nice conversation and I'm only 200 cals over maintenance so...weirdly, not freaking out?
    I feel like weekly deficits are some magical secret no one told me about before and now I am capable of logging my bad choices and moving on instead of using behaviors to compensate... :o
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options

This is true. And if I start the day with any kind of pastry, the rest of my day is shot.

In other news, I ate guacamole for breakfast this morning because nothing else sounded good. I am a wacko.

Whatever floats your boat. I eat PB for breakfast plain sometimes.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited September 2017
    Options

Whatever floats your boat. I eat PB for breakfast plain sometimes.

I am not sure that it floats my boat, but since I put Poblano pepper in it, it did fix my stuffy nose.
    ETA: maybe I am not so wacko. I mean, avocado toast is a thing so why not guacamole on crackers?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Yay, Spam!! Baby is coming soon!!! Good to hear all is well and you have a plan. We close on the new property in the morning. Not looking forward to the moving, but it isn't far from the old house and we are not in a rush to empty it, so we may just move some and sell or chuck the rest of it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! Yay for new babies and new houses!

I don't have much to update, just swinging in to say HI!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    Confession: I ate a whole roll of double stuf Oreos today. I thought I was in a new phase of my life where suddenly I could do moderation or something. Not so.
    Still at maintenance for the day, but ouch...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession: I ate a whole roll of double stuf Oreos today. I thought I was in a new phase of my life where suddenly I could do moderation or something. Not so.

Moderation is not my middle name either. When I buy or bake cookies, I have to freeze portions in sandwich bags, then the sandwich bags in a freezer bag. I take out one sandwich bag and bring it to work to have in the afternoon. It has to be burning hot outside for me to binge on frozen cookies.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited September 2017
    Options
    At least all of the calories I ate on Tuesday was fuel for me on Wednesday since I volunteered to push carts for around 5-6 hours.

I'm sure I still didn't burn all of the binge calories, but at least that helped put a dent in it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    My son gave me 2 huge jars of nutella for Christmas last year. . They lasted 2 weeks. I take a spoon and eat straight from jar.

Eh, we all have something like that. Mine is peanut butter. I don't like hazelnut so Nutella is not a problem for me.

Speaking of hazelnut, I put on a pink t-shirt and shorts yesterday after work and then stopped at my coffee shop (the one I have been going to since 2007, locally owned, everyone knows me). The barista on duty said "you look good in pink, why don't you wear it?" I said, "So my inner Mean Girl can ambush people, but it's Wednesday, so make me a Mean Girl latte." He made me a skim pumpkin spice latte with a pump of hazelnut, for bitterness. LOL.

So, I should order another one today, even though I'm wearing a burnt orange shirt? LOL

ETA: I have a meeting with the VP for finance later. I really need to control my inner Mean Girl today.

Did you order one :D.

Sometimes it's so hard at work to not let your inner Mean Girl out. Especially when co-irkers grate on your last nerves. Usually I'm good, but once TOM comes around, watch out!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I've been eating a ridiculous amount of food today. For some reason I'm just curious nstantly hungry. And my host mom gave me a pastry for breakfast, which I decided was a sign to have a "*kitten*-it" day and eat at maintenance even though I feel really fat lately.

Do you think you're binging since you said you only eat 1,000 for four days & 500 for three days?

If you're truly eating that little it could be a sign that your body is telling you to eat more.

I definitely feel that slow progress is the best since it can ingrain the healthy habits to last for a lifetime. I feel if one loses weight too fast (barring weight loss surgery for people who are in dire need) then it's easier to fall into yo-yoing habits.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

I find most pastries so unsatisfying. I very rarely eat doughnuts, because I'll be hangry 20-30 minutes later. Usually everyday for breakfast I eat a protein bar or eat one with two tablespoons of peanut butter.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Hi, all! Yay for new babies and new houses!

I don't have much to update, just swinging in to say HI!

Ditto to this!

I can't wait to hear how he likes the new baby!
  • DapperDassie
    DapperDassie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is lower than I tell people because I know I will be judged. My friends/family just see me as a thicker person I guess. My mom insists I look good now and shouldn't lose any more weight but I want to lose another 33-38 lbs
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Did you order one :D.

Sometimes it's so hard at work to not let your inner Mean Girl out. Especially when co-irkers grate on your last nerves. Usually I'm good, but once TOM comes around, watch out!

No, I didn't even make it to the coffee shop. There's always next week.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Moderation is not my middle name either. When I buy or bake cookies, I have to freeze portions in sandwich bags, then the sandwich bags in a freezer bag. I take out one sandwich bag and bring it to work to have in the afternoon. It has to be burning hot outside for me to binge on frozen cookies.

I got cakeaway from when we are out in Wednesday. The portions are ridiculous so I always cut it in half and freeze one half. Super glad I did as that half is still frozen and I know if it were in the fridge I'd have scarfed it already today! I can only do forced moderation.