Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I drink Coke Zero and log it as water

I don't log diet/0 calorie drinks at all.

Me either. I can't be bothered.
  • Oberon21
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I am looking at adopting 2-3 new cats from a local shelter I have been seeing on Facebook. A black one, an orange one and a calico. All older or 2 x adoptee rejects. Supposedly cat friendly. I know it will stress out PK, I think Cobweb will love it. I had been thinking of adding one after I lost Emilia, but with the loss of Portia the condo seems empty. But PK definitely still misses Portia. I just keep thinking I could give these senior cats a nice home... PK will eventually adapt, right? :)

I contacted the shelter, but getting there is very difficult with my current schedule...

I seem to love to invite additional stress into my life.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,801 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I am looking at adopting 2-3 new cats from a local shelter I have been seeing on Facebook. A black one, an orange one and a calico. All older or 2 x adoptee rejects. Supposedly cat friendly. I know it will stress out PK, I think Cobweb will love it. I had been thinking of adding one after I lost Emilia, but with the loss of Portia the condo seems empty. But PK definitely still misses Portia. I just keep thinking I could give these senior cats a nice home... PK will eventually adapt, right? :)

I contacted the shelter, but getting there is very difficult with my current schedule...

I think it's wonderful you're considering adopting adult cats. Puppies and kittens are cute and popular, but there are many sweet, loving cats and dogs in shelter that would make great companions. Go for it!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I would bring in my own food sometimes because I'm fussy and cheap, especially if it was a place I didn't know. But I wouldn't waste it and I wouldn't litter! That makes me mad.
  • spamarie
    Options
    I get similarly annoyed when a big music festival happens and people abandon tents. As if a tent is a disposable item! Luckily there are schemes in place where the scouts volunteer to help tidy up, and in return get to keep any useable tents. But sheesh people!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I get similarly annoyed when a big music festival happens and people abandon tents. As if a tent is a disposable item! Luckily there are schemes in place where the scouts volunteer to help tidy up, and in return get to keep any useable tents. But sheesh people!

I think Download Festival donate any usable tents to Shelter. The key word being 'usable' though.
  • spamarie
    Options
    I cannot quite believe I've never been to Download. I would clearly love it! Leeds/Reading has become too poppy for me. Maybe we'll go in a couple of years when we've done looking after newborns. I'm not too old for metal yet!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I cannot quite believe I've never been to Download. I would clearly love it! Leeds/Reading has become too poppy for me. Maybe we'll go in a couple of years when we've done looking after newborns. I'm not too old for metal yet!

Spam, I've seen people taking small children to Download Festival. We once camped with a couple and their daughter. I think her daughter was about 6? It was a great educational experience for her. Her mum would point out drunk people and say "This is what happens when you drink too much." :lol: But she loved it, she loved Rob Zombie.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I would bring in my own food sometimes because I'm fussy and cheap, especially if it was a place I didn't know. But I wouldn't waste it and I wouldn't litter! That makes me mad.

I have to admit, I'm pro bring/sneak your own food in. Venue food and drink is just SO overpriced. A pint is about £5+. At the NFL nachos cost us £8! It's a good job the lady serving was holding them because I would have dropped them when she said that.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I think it's wonderful you're considering adopting adult cats. Puppies and kittens are cute and popular, but there are many sweet, loving cats and dogs in shelter that would make great companions. Go for it!

I am going to... I just need to get to the darn shelter!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Is that like the festival in Bridget Jones Baby? I don't think they have them like that is the states but I could be wrong, I'm not a concert goer.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Spam, I've seen people taking small children to Download Festival. We once camped with a couple and their daughter. I think her daughter was about 6? It was a great educational experience for her. Her mum would point out drunk people and say "This is what happens when you drink too much." :lol: But she loved it, she loved Rob Zombie.

I went to a Pink Floyd show one year where the parents were bringing their under ten children. Nice to see with all the 'smoke' being passed about!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

Is that like the festival in Bridget Jones Baby? I don't think they have them like that is the states but I could be wrong, I'm not a concert goer.

I have never been, but I think Coachella is somewhat like that. I am sure there are some others. But I don't go to much more than the odd concert.
  • gibbs1993
    gibbs1993 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    add me to the gross club, i only have 2 sports bras - one isnt as supportive and i use it for my walk/baby jog (every day), the other is more supportive and used for zumba and the gym (combined 4 times a week). They get washed once, maybe twice a week (but really, once is more common)

if i eat something that will put me too far over my calorie goals, ill save it and add it to the next day.

i dont always log the diet sodas i drink. (but the reg calorie ones i do). dont ask me why, i dont know LOL

i dont sweat much. maybe that makes me weird. the small of my back is about the only place i sweat.

Lol, diet sodas (Diet Dr. Pepper really) are pretty much all I drink besides coffee. I don't log them either, I just figure what's the point? I honestly don't care about sodium, I just want to see my calories/carbs/protein/fats/fiber.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I could eat BPI Sports' both S'mores and Salted Caramel Pretzel protein bars like candy bars. It's becoming a problem. No, you don't have to heat them up to make them taste better.

I've been eating a ton of Power bars recently since Grocery Outlet has boxes for $3.75 (15 bars).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Heavens to Betsy, it stinks outside. One minute it smells like a tanker truck of vinegar overturned and the next it smells like cigarette ashes. The vinegar is the better smell.

I am very grateful that no one was hurt when the plant exploded this morning and that nothing outside the plant was damaged. It could have been so much worse. The last time this happened, 16 people were killed. That was October 4, 1960. Weird....

Weird on timing!

Ugh at smelling like cigarette ashes! I think I'd rather smell the vinegar as well.

Glad no one was hurt.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I drink Coke Zero and log it as water

I don't log diet/0 calorie drinks at all.

I sometimes would log my Diet Mountain Dew cans if I had multiple in a day.

I'm trying to go caffeine free again (mostly hate getting caffeine headache withdrawals when I run out).

So far it's been a week. I wish around my area we had the Diet Mountain Dew Caffeine Free sodas.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Hmmmm, I haven't watched that. Basically it is camping in a field, with open-air Metal concerts all day for 3-5 days. Not recommended for girlygirls or people with ultra-hygiene issues. :lol: But amazing if you're not bothered and love Metal/Rock music.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I've been binging for two weeks and just getting back on track today. Anyone who wants is cordially invited to just walk up to me and punch me in the face.
    On the bright side, I might be getting a tattoo!