Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    I've been binging for two weeks and just getting back on track today. Anyone who wants is cordially invited to just walk up to me and punch me in the face.
    On the bright side, I might be getting a tattoo!

I haven't been binging, but I definitely haven't been paying attention. I've been bouncing around the same numbers for about 4-6 weeks now. I just can't get a grip on it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I've been eating with abandon. Not binging, but definitely not tracking and eating whatever. I've got to at least level out, if not drop a bit, or I'm not going to make my weight class in 4 weeks.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I've been binging for two weeks and just getting back on track today. Anyone who wants is cordially invited to just walk up to me and punch me in the face.

No punching your face allowed. Here's a virtual swift kick in buttocks instead. You have goals, girl, stop undermining yourself.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    My eating is pretty much whatever but at 8 months pregnant I am so beyond caring. I'm doing better with meat and veggies but there's plenty of crap in between!

I've put on significantly less weight than with Andrew. Still more than you're supposed to, but I'd have to put on over 20lbs in the next month to match Andrew which seems unlikely even by my standards. I don't really know why other than perhaps the first trimester morning sickness and third trimester stomach bug slowing me down. It's not like I stacked it on purposefully last time! Not worrying about it too much either way. I lost it all in a year after Pandy, I will lose it again. Eventually!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Here is a confession for you all that I am super ashamed of.

I'm smoking again. :confounded:

It started off socially, then every Friday 'date night' down the pub. Now its every day after work. *shrugs* the worst part is that I really can't be arsed to quit. Everything else has gone wrong, I might as well.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

It started off socially, then every Friday 'date night' down the pub. Now its every day after work. *shrugs* the worst part is that I really can't be arsed to quit. Everything else has gone wrong, I might as well.

Oh nos!

I've never smoked so cannot pretend to understand. If you're beyond caring at the moment due to stress (understandable), maybe force yourself to make a tally if what it's costing in money as motivation not to. You could spend that money on a relaxing massage!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

THAT is a bummer, it is such a hard habit to break. But I get it...eliminating wine has definitely been a slow progression to date. Sometimes you need a stress reliever. I hope the other stuff gets sorted so you can get a break.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I've been eating with abandon. Not binging, but definitely not tracking and eating whatever. I've got to at least level out, if not drop a bit, or I'm not going to make my weight class in 4 weeks.

You will do it Quik! You always pull it out.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I haven't been binging, but I definitely haven't been paying attention. I've been bouncing around the same numbers for about 4-6 weeks now. I just can't get a grip on it.

I have been bouncing around the same weight for a year. Grrr.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I cannot quite believe I've never been to Download. I would clearly love it! Leeds/Reading has become too poppy for me. Maybe we'll go in a couple of years when we've done looking after newborns. I'm not too old for metal yet!

Is that like the festival in Bridget Jones Baby? I don't think they have them like that is the states but I could be wrong, I'm not a concert goer.

I have never been, but I think Coachella is somewhat like that. I am sure there are some others. But I don't go to much more than the odd concert.

Yeah it's not my thing. I hate the crowds leaving and I like the way the sons sound's on the CD best. No ad libbing for me!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

Oh nos!

I've never smoked so cannot pretend to understand. If you're beyond caring at the moment due to stress (understandable), maybe force yourself to make a tally if what it's costing in money as motivation not to. You could spend that money on a relaxing massage!

£10 for a pack of 20 you would think that would be enough motivation. Nope. :#
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Oh, no! I understand. I've had a few stressful days where I've been tempted to go pick up a pack. I've resisted.

We <3 you, Lois, and want you healthy and happy!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I've got a muscle in my neck that is locked up, and it's causing pain and headaches. Started yesterday. I'm thinking about leaving work sick to get to the chiropractor to see if I can get it to loosen up.

However, I called in sick to work 2 days last week and one day the week before that. :#
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    ARGH! E-mail just came through that said there are doughnuts in the kitchen. I'm NOT eating a doughnut! I'm not! It won't taste good enough for the calories, right?!? :o
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Oh, no! I understand. I've had a few stressful days where I've been tempted to go pick up a pack. I've resisted.

Didn't know you used to smoke? I resisted for a year. I quit for a year and felt great. Danny was on and off smoking for the next year. Then I caved in June while drunk at a wedding I didn't want to be at, and it crumbled from there.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    ARGH! E-mail just came through that said there are doughnuts in the kitchen. I'm NOT eating a doughnut! I'm not! It won't taste good enough for the calories, right?!? :o

Ummm... no?
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I've got a muscle in my neck that is locked up, and it's causing pain and headaches. Started yesterday. I'm thinking about leaving work sick to get to the chiropractor to see if I can get it to loosen up.

However, I called in sick to work 2 days last week and one day the week before that. :#

Could you go to the Chiro after work? If would be better to go sooner rather than later. <3
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Didn't know you used to smoke? I resisted for a year. I quit for a year and felt great. Danny was on and off smoking for the next year. Then I caved in June while drunk at a wedding I didn't want to be at, and it crumbled from there.

Yeah. It's been a lot of years ago now, 15 or so. But I still find myself wanting one when I'm stressed.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Could you go to the Chiro after work? If would be better to go sooner rather than later. <3

Short answer, yes, I could. Long answer, I still have half my workout to get in, son to pick up from wrestling practice, and bowling league that all need to happen after work. Stupid work, getting in the way of the rest of my life. :D

I'm actually icing it here at work (have an ice pack in my little freezer) and using my Thera-cane to get some deep pressure on the knot. I'm hoping I can get it to loosen up on my own.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Short answer, yes, I could. Long answer, I still have half my workout to get in, son to pick up from wrestling practice, and bowling league that all need to happen after work. Stupid work, getting in the way of the rest of my life. :D

I'm actually icing it here at work (have an ice pack in my little freezer) and using my Thera-cane to get some deep pressure on the knot. I'm hoping I can get it to loosen up on my own.

Well, if they can see you are trying to fix it at work they could let you go early? It's not like you haven't tried.