Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    mazmataz wrote: »
    I've spent most of my 32 years believing that my pitiful love life and eternal singledom is a result of my weight making me unattractive to the kind of guys I want to date. I'm genuinely really worried that when/if I get to my goal weight, nothing will change and I'll have a bigger, more difficult issue to face. I think that this fear is why my brain is constantly trying to sabotage my weight loss - it's trying to protect me from this fear.

Humans are weird!

I am not a psychologist and can't be relied upon for dating advice because I have now been married more than half of my life. However, I can reliably tell you that I am healthier and happier at my current weight than I was at 225 lbs any of the 4 times I have been that weight starting at 13.
    This is the single most supportive thread on MFP. Stick around and we will do what we can to help you. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    Main confession is that I am going through one of my periodic food hoarding phases. So, I have 2 boxes of mince pies (Uk Xmas thing), 4 large bags of mixed funsize bars and bag ( like skittles, mars, twix, m&ms). a large dulce de leche and chocolate cake and these Ikea mini gingerbread cinnamon rolls. It is as if I like seeing these things, but cannot allow myself to eat them, lol. Granted, some would say to just damn well eat them because I am currently a pound underweight, but yeah. I worry that just having a slice of that cake on a weekday will mess up my weigh in Saturday.

Hold on to the candy and give it away on Halloween. Cut the cake into slices and freeze individual slices to portion out as you can afford the calories. Eat one now. Ditto the gingerbread rolls (which sounds amazing.
    No mince pies yet!! It isn't even November!!!! (sorry I can not stand that there are Christmas decorations in the stores already.)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ARGH! E-mail just came through that said there are doughnuts in the kitchen. I'm NOT eating a doughnut! I'm not! It won't taste good enough for the calories, right?!? :o

Whoever sent that email was cruel
  • Oberon21
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have been so wrapped up managing the barn for my friend the last 3 days I am terrified to go back to work. I can't remember three last time I went 3 days without checking email. But the 12-14 hour seriously physical days kicked my butt.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Confession is that I brought a bottle of hard cider with me from my hometown as a gift, and then I was feeling *kitten* so I drank it myself in two days. Not a ridiculous amount, but it wasn't supposed to be for me!
    Also I've given in on the "vegan" thing since traveling since there's not even a word for that in Russian and host mom would probably think I was dying... so vegetarian it is.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession is that I brought a bottle of hard cider with me from my hometown as a gift, and then I was feeling *kitten* so I drank it myself in two days. Not a ridiculous amount, but it wasn't supposed to be for me!
    Also I've given in on the "vegan" thing since traveling since there's not even a word for that in Russian and host mom would probably think I was dying... so vegetarian it is.

I am always a bit of a freak when I travel and tell people I am vegan. In one small town in Pennsylvania, word of my arrival travelled from restaurant to restaurant (not that there were many in that town). It was like I was the local freak show.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Should I be concerned that I am up at 3:25 am working away on my dissertation, eating a can of sauerkraut and drinking consecutive red bulls?
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    Not exactly food-related but how do you guys make dinner conversation?
    I like talking to my host mom but I run out of things to say a lot because I naturally assume that 1.) no one especially wants to hear about me, and that's private, and 2.) it's rude to ask questions because if they wanted me to know something they would just tell me.
    I'm aware that there is a contradiction here but I can't seem to do anything about it... humans are weird.
    My new rule is that I'm only eating food that's offered to me, like a fairy, and replacing lunch with 4 shots of espresso is a pretty awesome way to live.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Should I be concerned that I am up at 3:25 am working away on my dissertation, eating a can of sauerkraut and drinking consecutive red bulls?
    No. Maybe? Maybe about the red bulls. The sauerkraut sounds good, though.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Lois (insert your middle name here) Woodgate! I work at a trauma center, but for the oncology doctors. Please, oh please, oh please don't give my friend Lung cancer with those (expletives deleted) cigarettes. We aren't good at beating that one. Do I need to send you Nicotine gum to help with the withdrawal symptoms? I could cry reading that you are hooked again.(besides we need you to watch Tami around the donuts)

Tami, you crack me up feeling guilty about sick leave and having Lois stop you from eating a maple bar.

Soul, I am good at virtual kicks... And glad it helped.

I don't actually have a middle name, so you got it right first time. :+1:
    I know, I know, I know. That's why I feel so ashamed that I'm back on them. If it helps, its only 3 a day? :#
    I need to get my head in a better space. I done it once, so I know I can do it again. The trouble is that I don't think Danny wants to quit. He has always said he enjoys smoking so, I'm not sure the will power is there for him. He has been smoking for the past year (and badly hiding it) so it is going to be a massive struggle to quit and stay quit.
    Mel, what is your opinion on Vaping?
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    @Lois_1989! You just saved me from a doughnut! I went back to the kitchen to wash out my protein shaker. And I was thinking, "There won't be any maple bars left (my favorite). They always go first." But there were still TWO maple bars left. And then I saw this...

yuic1j5lnwjj.jpg7tr33nv721ia.jpg

We don't even have anybody named Lois that works in my office.

Lois is stalking you!

I always feel like somebody's watching me.

Way to resist.

That'll be me.

ub8lyhr5rt4v.gif
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Main confession is that I am going through one of my periodic food hoarding phases. So, I have 2 boxes of mince pies (Uk Xmas thing), 4 large bags of mixed funsize bars and bag ( like skittles, mars, twix, m&ms). a large dulce de leche and chocolate cake and these Ikea mini gingerbread cinnamon rolls. It is as if I like seeing these things, but cannot allow myself to eat them, lol. Granted, some would say to just damn well eat them because I am currently a pound underweight, but yeah. I worry that just having a slice of that cake on a weekday will mess up my weigh in Saturday.

Hold on to the candy and give it away on Halloween. Cut the cake into slices and freeze individual slices to portion out as you can afford the calories. Eat one now. Ditto the gingerbread rolls (which sounds amazing.
    No mince pies yet!! It isn't even November!!!! (sorry I can not stand that there are Christmas decorations in the stores already.)

Mel has all the answers, and this is a blinding answer to your problem!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I like talking to my host mom but I run out of things to say a lot because I naturally assume that 1.) no one especially wants to hear about me, and that's private, and 2.) it's rude to ask questions because if they wanted me to know something they would just tell me.
    I'm aware that there is a contradiction here but I can't seem to do anything about it... humans are weird.
    My new rule is that I'm only eating food that's offered to me, like a fairy, and replacing lunch with 4 shots of espresso is a pretty awesome way to live.

*Enter socially awkward person*

The British thing is to talk about the weather. :)

After that I'm *kitten*.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Gotta adjust to the culture as best you can. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

No.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Lois (insert your middle name here) Woodgate! I work at a trauma center, but for the oncology doctors. Please, oh please, oh please don't give my friend Lung cancer with those (expletives deleted) cigarettes. We aren't good at beating that one. Do I need to send you Nicotine gum to help with the withdrawal symptoms? I could cry reading that you are hooked again.(besides we need you to watch Tami around the donuts)

Tami, you crack me up feeling guilty about sick leave and having Lois stop you from eating a maple bar.

I know, I know, I know. That's why I feel so ashamed that I'm back on them. If it helps, its only 3 a day? :#
    I need to get my head in a better space. I done it once, so I know I can do it again. The trouble is that I don't think Danny wants to quit. He has always said he enjoys smoking so, I'm not sure the will power is there for him. He has been smoking for the past year (and badly hiding it) so it is going to be a massive struggle to quit and stay quit.

If you get a good quality vaporizer, it's definitely safer than smoking. There have been instances of cheap vaporizer catching fire when dropped. It's a battery issue similar to the Samsung phones.
    Also, you can get some great flavors. I have a friend who vapes key lime or cinnamon roll flavors. Smells way better than a cigarette.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Mel has all the answers, and this is a blinding answer to your problem!

I'm batting 1.000 this week anyway. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    TFW your boss is off and her boss dumps a huge problem on your desk. I know it means she trusts me, but I don't want to do it.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

*Enter socially awkward person*

The British thing is to talk about the weather. :)

After that I'm *kitten*.

I was about to suggest the same thing! It's a national pastime.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

If you get a good quality vaporizer, it's definitely safer than smoking. There have been instances of cheap vaporizer catching fire when dropped. It's a battery issue similar to the Samsung phones.
    Also, you can get some great flavors. I have a friend who vapes key lime or cinnamon roll flavors. Smells way better than a cigarette.

Mmmm key lime. I wonder if it would help a sweet tooth as well? I'm strongly considering it.