Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I am feeling depressed lately and falling into some terrible horrible no-good very-bad habits. Not as badly as I sometimes have, but I need to get it under control now. Purged twice today just because I could and I already feel sick. LOL, whoops. Bad decisions abound but I didn’t buy alcohol so no more than one *kitten* coping mechanism per day, right? Maybe if I alternate them they won’t be so bad lolol
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    What do you mean this isn’t tumblr
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Confession: one of the pair of coworkers who get on my nerves daily was on vacation last week. She came in this morning and said "Did you miss me?" I very nearly said "No." thankfully someone else answered and I didn't have to say anything.

ETA: now her partner in crime has arrived and I left my ear buds at home. How am I going to make it until 3:30?
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Confession: one of the pair of coworkers who get on my nerves daily was on vacation last week. She came in this morning and said "Did you miss me?" I very nearly said "No." thankfully someone else answered and I didn't have to say anything.

ETA: now her partner in crime has arrived and I left my ear buds at home. How am I going to make it until 3:30?

Bahaha you should have, coupled with the bird.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Confession - my weight is back up into the 180's. 181.4 this morning. Argh. My rings are tight, so it's some water weight, but definitely time to knuckle down.

I was in the low 160's. So demoralizing, depressing, discouraging, distressing, dispiriting... (I went to thesaurus.com, trying to find the right word. :D )

I am still sitting in the low 130s. Shall we get this going together???? I am feeling I could do it this time. I'm making a lot of positive progress in a lot of areas...

Hey, I'm nearly 130, can I join? Sick of being stuck!
    (Not to mention that I'm imposing on this thread... you all seem to know each other well but you also seem like nice people, so if I'm annoying you please let me know and I will *kitten* right off. )

We like new people. Don't go anywhere. We've been on this thread for years so we do know each other l, but we like new friends too.

This!!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    MFP I is eating the bottom of my posts for some reason.
    Adding that I am not 100% in control of The Rules (honestly not sure what part of my mentally interesting brain is responsible for that-- OCD? ED fragments left over? Terrible decision-making? Who knows!) but this is way better than it could be so it's a kind of damage control.

If I were in a foreign country for an extended period I would gain 20 lbs and go broke trying all of the foods, so I get only eating what your host family eats. It seems like a good idea to me.

Same! You only live once right? Unless you intend on returning I would just try out all the foods!

This could explain why my scales tell me I'm 225lbs. :#
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

The bird would have gotten me fired. An honest no would have made her unbearable all week. I obeyed my mom's dictate: if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    If I make it through the day without crying or alcohol I'll call it a win. I would add chocolate to that list... but that has already happened.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

The bird would have gotten me fired. An honest no would have made her unbearable all week. I obeyed my mom's dictate: if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Amen!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm off work now (hopefully for a full year!) but boy are the annoying late pregnancy symptoms starting to stack up. If I walk more than 200 yards my hips are done for the day. If I accidentally twist at the wrong angle my pubic bone is in agony. Feet are definitely swelling so my shoes no longer fit, and getting regular visits from Mrs Emma Roid, getting deeply uncomfortable Braxton Hicks several times a day. I think this nature's way of making women actually want to give birth just to end all this nonsense. On a positive note, no sign of the rash from hell yet, so fingers crossed I escape that particular joy.

I guess my daily goal would be try not to be a grumpy cow with other people. That will be tough!

Come on, baby!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Daily goals, huh? Ugh.

I logged all my food already. Just need to stick to it.
    Did half my workout already. Need to finish it. AND tack on some cardio.

Competition is November 11th. Hold at 180 lbs (or lower) until then.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    If I make it through the day without crying or alcohol I'll call it a win. I would add chocolate to that list... but that has already happened.
    This is about where my standards are, too.
    Unfortunately I have neither chocolate nor alcohol since I chickened out of buying a bottle of vodka today... tomorrow it is!
    And chocolate is important and good for recovering from dementor attacks so I think you made the right decision.
    I hope you make it through the rest of the day okay too!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Unfortunately I have neither chocolate nor alcohol since I chickened out of buying a bottle of vodka today... tomorrow it is!
    And chocolate is important and good for recovering from dementor attacks so I think you made the right decision.

mks4x15q9tpw.jpg
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    My normie friends love complaining about the butter/sour cream in everything.
    Me, having fought off an eating disorder: but fat is good for you! Your brain needs it to function properly!
    Normie friends: no, it isn’t. Too much fat is just bad for you. It’s unhealthy. I’ve gotten so unhealthy since I came here, I need to start working out again, I’m gonna get fat...
    I know we’re on a diet forum but does anyone else hate listening to people talk about their diets irl?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Me, having fought off an eating disorder: but fat is good for you! Your brain needs it to function properly!
    Normie friends: no, it isn’t. Too much fat is just bad for you. It’s unhealthy. I’ve gotten so unhealthy since I came here, I need to start working out again, I’m gonna get fat...
    I know we’re on a diet forum but does anyone else hate listening to people talk about their diets irl?

YES! Because their diets are always so ridiculous...
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options

mks4x15q9tpw.jpg
    I am now curled up in bed struggling through Harry Potter in Russian instead of doing homework, or paperwork for next semester, or anything that I should be doing. Oops.
    SELF-CARE ✨✨✨
  • Lois_1989
    Options

That is the most amazing thing I have heard all day. If I ever need a reason to eat chocolate, I will remember this! :lol: 45 minutes until home time!
  • Lois_1989
    Options

The fats conversation is always 10x harder with the older generation because they have spent their lives being told fat is bad and its hard to get out of that mind set. My mum and my partners mum just cannot accept it. I'll put a measured amount of olive oil on a salad/pasta/whatever and they will have a look of horror. Danny's mum would have keeled over if she saw me buy 15% fat mince the other week. A, it's cheaper and B, there is nothing wrong with fats. Don't even get me started on Avocados. *eye roll*
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I am still working on my crap diet. I need to make sure to log everything and keep track of it. I have gained so much, my stomach looks like I am pregnant. I am kind of surprised no one has asked me, but glad too.