Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    So my day just took a bounce off the rails. My dad has fallen and hit his head on his porch rail. My husband works five minutes from dad's house and has been dispatched to give me an update.
    Parenting my dad is harder than parenting my middle and high schoolers.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So my day just took a bounce off the rails. My dad has fallen and hit his head on his porch rail. My husband works five minutes from dad's house and has been dispatched to give me an update.

Oh, no! Hopefully it's minor.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

At 84, I am not sure that anything is truly minor. My dad has a badly scraped knee, but seems to be fine otherwise. He has diabetes, so of course I will be keeping a close eye one his knee. (And wishing I could ground him for going outside without his cane. Stubborn old man.)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    rayzerwolf wrote: »
    I sleep eat, but some times I just get up in the middle of the night and eat. If my partner finds me in the kitchen in the middle of the night and I am not sleeping I some times pretend I am sleeping, and keep eating.

When you sleep eat do you try to make meals or just graze?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Confession: I ate a whole roll of double stuf Oreos today. I thought I was in a new phase of my life where suddenly I could do moderation or something. Not so.
    Still at maintenance for the day, but ouch...

I have come to accept I do not know moderation... peanut butter, sauvignon blanc... all must be kept away from me at all times!

The only thing I find hard to moderate at times still is ice cream.

Will still keep trying to eat a few servings of a pint & not the whole container.

Unless it's Halo Top or Enlightened then definitely eating the whole damn pint.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Confession - my weight is back up into the 180's. 181.4 this morning. Argh. My rings are tight, so it's some water weight, but definitely time to knuckle down.

I was in the low 160's. So demoralizing, depressing, discouraging, distressing, dispiriting... (I went to thesaurus.com, trying to find the right word. :D )

I am still sitting in the low 130s. Shall we get this going together???? I am feeling I could do it this time. I'm making a lot of positive progress in a lot of areas...

Hey, I'm nearly 130, can I join? Sick of being stuck!
    (Not to mention that I'm imposing on this thread... you all seem to know each other well but you also seem like nice people, so if I'm annoying you please let me know and I will *kitten* right off. )

Oh, not at all! We lost a lot of people along the way, and would love to breathe some new life into this thread with some new folks! Post away!!!!

Sure, Tami and I (and sometimes Mel and Susie) do daily goals. But I haven't been holding to mine or any of my 2017 or even 4Q goals to date. So, my first goal is to get down below 130 by the end of the month. And to walk nightly. That is what took my weight off last time and I have totally lost that drive.
    Okay! :)
    My goal for today is to buy peanut butter and not eat the entire jar. Let’s see how that goes

You got this!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: one of the pair of coworkers who get on my nerves daily was on vacation last week. She came in this morning and said "Did you miss me?" I very nearly said "No." thankfully someone else answered and I didn't have to say anything.

ETA: now her partner in crime has arrived and I left my ear buds at home. How am I going to make it until 3:30?

Bahaha you should have, coupled with the bird.

Love it!

:D
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    If I make it through the day without crying or alcohol I'll call it a win. I would add chocolate to that list... but that has already happened.
    This is about where my standards are, too.
    Unfortunately I have neither chocolate nor alcohol since I chickened out of buying a bottle of vodka today... tomorrow it is!
    And chocolate is important and good for recovering from dementor attacks so I think you made the right decision.
    I hope you make it through the rest of the day okay too!

mks4x15q9tpw.jpg
    I am now curled up in bed struggling through Harry Potter in Russian instead of doing homework, or paperwork for next semester, or anything that I should be doing. Oops.
    SELF-CARE ✨✨✨

I used to read Harry Potter in French or German and pretend that was solid language practice. Are you on a year abroad for a language course? I spent mine in Paris and Austria. Fun memories!
    Yeah, I’m in Russia for one semester and France for another.
    Paris and Austria sound fun!!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    It's funny how I manage to be in this situation just before the holidays start...

I was just thinking the same freaking thing. Ugh. I'm going to have to cut through the holidays...

I have a foolproof plan for losing weight in the run up to Christmas, but it requires about nine months of prep work.

You don't by any chance plan on losing around the size of a baby from your waist? :lol:
  • Lois_1989
    Options

At 84, I am not sure that anything is truly minor. My dad has a badly scraped knee, but seems to be fine otherwise. He has diabetes, so of course I will be keeping a close eye one his knee. (And wishing I could ground him for going outside without his cane. Stubborn old man.)

Awwww Well, I'm glad it wasn't worse, any head injury on elderly people worry me.
    I suppose it is quite an adjustment for seniors to suddenly have to take orders from their children, even worse if they are stubborn. I'm going to be the most reckless pensioner in my area. Pink rinse, swearing, the works. I'm looking forward to it. :)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I hope he is ok!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I'm off work now (hopefully for a full year!) but boy are the annoying late pregnancy symptoms starting to stack up. If I walk more than 200 yards my hips are done for the day. If I accidentally twist at the wrong angle my pubic bone is in agony. Feet are definitely swelling so my shoes no longer fit, and getting regular visits from Mrs Emma Roid, getting deeply uncomfortable Braxton Hicks several times a day. I think this nature's way of making women actually want to give birth just to end all this nonsense. On a positive note, no sign of the rash from hell yet, so fingers crossed I escape that particular joy.

I guess my daily goal would be try not to be a grumpy cow with other people. That will be tough!

Your slmost there! I cant wait to meey baby #2! The rest will pass.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Days goal...be friendly to my boss!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    My dad is okay, but because I didn't want to be away from the house in case I needed to leave, I didn't walk the dog and ended up 90 steps short of my goal yesterday. But my dad is okay and it's a new day and today I will walk the dog. After I go home, bundle up in jeans and a sweatshirt, and change my shoes. :)
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Well, 90 steps isn't much, I would say that was goal met if I'm honest. :+1:

I'm glad your dad is ok though
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    How many years do you think you'd get for strangling a coworker with their own shoelaces.

Asking for a friend.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    How many years do you think you'd get for strangling a coworker with their own shoelaces.

Asking for a friend.

You want some professional advice about how to make it look self-inflicted? ;)

You must be on your phone?!?
  • SoulOfRusalka
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This is my last day of purging, I swear to god. I’m saying it here to make it official. I feel like *kitten*. Shaky and scattered and weak and not-here, and I know I’ll feel like this all the time and get used to it quick. My health is already fading, and it was so strong for a few months (it turns out I have a good immune system when I’m not suppressing it, who knew?)
    Bulimia is expensive and exhausting and overall just really *kitten* stupid and a waste of time. Every time I let it go for a second everything falls apart.
    I have three midterms tomorrow and I can’t wait for it to be over. Then a meeting with our director where we talk about how we’re doing and what our goals were for this point in the semester.
    I avoided turning in all physical and mental health paperwork, so she doesn’t know that my goal was simply “don’t literally die”.
    I bought vodka so that and music are my socially acceptable coping mechanisms now.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Asking for a friend.

You want some professional advice about how to make it look self-inflicted? ;)

You must be on your phone?!?

Shhh. Don't tell.