Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Here is a confession for you all that I am super ashamed of.

I'm smoking again. :confounded:

It started off socially, then every Friday 'date night' down the pub. Now its every day after work. *shrugs* the worst part is that I really can't be arsed to quit. Everything else has gone wrong, I might as well.

Oh, no! I understand. I've had a few stressful days where I've been tempted to go pick up a pack. I've resisted.

We <3 you, Lois, and want you healthy and happy!

Didn't know you used to smoke? I resisted for a year. I quit for a year and felt great. Danny was on and off smoking for the next year. Then I caved in June while drunk at a wedding I didn't want to be at, and it crumbled from there.

Yeah. It's been a lot of years ago now, 15 or so. But I still find myself wanting one when I'm stressed.

I did, but the first one back always make me feel like I am going to throw up. But then I realised that if I'm drunk it doesn't happen. Then I smoked a LOT at the last NFL game and carried on the next day and was fine. That was the sharp downwards spiral.

I do deeply regret that I started. But I'm not ready to go through the quitting symptoms. Not yet.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I've got a muscle in my neck that is locked up, and it's causing pain and headaches. Started yesterday. I'm thinking about leaving work sick to get to the chiropractor to see if I can get it to loosen up.

However, I called in sick to work 2 days last week and one day the week before that. :#

Could you go to the Chiro after work? If would be better to go sooner rather than later. <3

Short answer, yes, I could. Long answer, I still have half my workout to get in, son to pick up from wrestling practice, and bowling league that all need to happen after work. Stupid work, getting in the way of the rest of my life. :D

I'm actually icing it here at work (have an ice pack in my little freezer) and using my Thera-cane to get some deep pressure on the knot. I'm hoping I can get it to loosen up on my own.

Well, if they can see you are trying to fix it at work they could let you go early? It's not like you haven't tried.

Oh, I CAN go. I just feel guilty taking more sick leave.
  • quiksylver296
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @Lois_1989! You just saved me from a doughnut! I went back to the kitchen to wash out my protein shaker. And I was thinking, "There won't be any maple bars left (my favorite). They always go first." But there were still TWO maple bars left. And then I saw this...

yuic1j5lnwjj.jpg7tr33nv721ia.jpg

We don't even have anybody named Lois that works in my office.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I've been binging for two weeks and just getting back on track today. Anyone who wants is cordially invited to just walk up to me and punch me in the face.
    On the bright side, I might be getting a tattoo!

No punching your face allowed. Here's a virtual swift kick in buttocks instead. You have goals, girl, stop undermining yourself.
    Okay, I'm finally back on track with a vengeance (or something). Thanks for the virtual kick ;)
    I've decided that from now on I'm only eating what my host mom serves me and nothing outside of that. Good for calories AND wallet.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Lois (insert your middle name here) Woodgate! I work at a trauma center, but for the oncology doctors. Please, oh please, oh please don't give my friend Lung cancer with those (expletives deleted) cigarettes. We aren't good at beating that one. Do I need to send you Nicotine gum to help with the withdrawal symptoms? I could cry reading that you are hooked again.(besides we need you to watch Tami around the donuts)

Tami, you crack me up feeling guilty about sick leave and having Lois stop you from eating a maple bar.

Soul, I am good at virtual kicks... And glad it helped.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Mel the voice of reason as ever. Not to be a total downer but the main reason I've never smoked is because when I was 15, my uncle died of throat cancer and that had always stuck with me.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Mel the voice of reason as ever. Not to be a total downer but the main reason I've never smoked is because when I was 15, my uncle died of throat cancer and that had always stuck with me.

For the record, I am not reasonable until I think it out. I waited a long time to type that. :)

My mother smoked 5 cigarettes every day. 6:30am, 11am, 3pm, 6:30 pm and 10:00pm. I could have set my watch by those and often did leave for school when she lit the first one. Those were the five she couldn't quit. She tried. I always said she coped with my dad's alcoholism with her nicotine.

She died of an aneurysm that I very well may only not have developed because I have never smoked. The genes are there. The aneurysm isn't. (so far. My docs check for it every 10 years)
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I want to like oatmeal. I don't know why. I just feel like I SHOULD. But no matter how delectable it sounds with all its add-ins or how wonderful its cinnamon/maple/sugared/salty smell tickles my nose buds.... It still tastes like lumpy wallpaper paste.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    lalee115 wrote: »
    I want to like oatmeal. I don't know why. I just feel like I SHOULD. But no matter how delectable it sounds with all its add-ins or how wonderful its cinnamon/maple/sugared/salty smell tickles my nose buds.... It still tastes like lumpy wallpaper paste.

How do you know what wallpaper paste tastes like? (sorry, couldn't resist.)

It's okay to just not like certain foods. I feel that way about quinoa, although I will eat it anyway if cooked with certain other flavors that I really love. I want quinoa to have more of an oatmeal texture and it has more of a bulgar wheat texture. (hmm... I wonder how quinoa would fair in a meatball dish in place of bulgar? )
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

I hate oatmeal too. It's just gross. I basically only have oats in to make (English) flapjacks, but any nutritional value is probably negated by all the added sugar and fat. Never mind, oats are good for milk production so I shall keep making terrible flapjacks. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I like old fashioned oats heated up in milk. I wouldn't call it oatmeal, because I keep it really runny. I love it that way, but hate it if it's gloppy.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Here is a confession for you all that I am super ashamed of.

I'm smoking again. :confounded:

It started off socially, then every Friday 'date night' down the pub. Now its every day after work. *shrugs* the worst part is that I really can't be arsed to quit. Everything else has gone wrong, I might as well.

I can really understand that one. I started off when I drank and it became a normal thing. Then once I graduated college, I still did it as a habit. I quit, but I can see where it would be very easy to fall back into. I will still have one or two occasionally, but I haven't bought a pack in years.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I've got a muscle in my neck that is locked up, and it's causing pain and headaches. Started yesterday. I'm thinking about leaving work sick to get to the chiropractor to see if I can get it to loosen up.

However, I called in sick to work 2 days last week and one day the week before that. :#

Made it to the chiropractor after work yesterday. The neck is still super tight and painful and am headed back to the chiro again this afternoon. However, I'm supposed to deadlift heavy tomorrow morning to get an idea of how much I'll be able to do at my next meet, Nov 11. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do it. And if I can't, it really throws off the whole training schedule. :'(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    @Lois_1989! You just saved me from a doughnut! I went back to the kitchen to wash out my protein shaker. And I was thinking, "There won't be any maple bars left (my favorite). They always go first." But there were still TWO maple bars left. And then I saw this...

yuic1j5lnwjj.jpg7tr33nv721ia.jpg

We don't even have anybody named Lois that works in my office.

Lois is stalking you!

I always feel like somebody's watching me.

Way to resist.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

How do you know what wallpaper paste tastes like? (sorry, couldn't resist.)

It's okay to just not like certain foods. I feel that way about quinoa, although I will eat it anyway if cooked with certain other flavors that I really love. I want quinoa to have more of an oatmeal texture and it has more of a bulgar wheat texture. (hmm... I wonder how quinoa would fair in a meatball dish in place of bulgar? )

That's how I feel about Kale!

The only way I'll eat Kale is when it's mixed in with other greens.

When my one niece was around 2-3 she would grab Kale chips off the baking sheet my sister pulled out of the oven & actually eat it :s.
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've spent most of my 32 years believing that my pitiful love life and eternal singledom is a result of my weight making me unattractive to the kind of guys I want to date. I'm genuinely really worried that when/if I get to my goal weight, nothing will change and I'll have a bigger, more difficult issue to face. I think that this fear is why my brain is constantly trying to sabotage my weight loss - it's trying to protect me from this fear.

Humans are weird!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Main confession is that I am going through one of my periodic food hoarding phases. So, I have 2 boxes of mince pies (Uk Xmas thing), 4 large bags of mixed funsize bars and bag ( like skittles, mars, twix, m&ms). a large dulce de leche and chocolate cake and these Ikea mini gingerbread cinnamon rolls. It is as if I like seeing these things, but cannot allow myself to eat them, lol. Granted, some would say to just damn well eat them because I am currently a pound underweight, but yeah. I worry that just having a slice of that cake on a weekday will mess up my weigh in Saturday.