Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    MFP is eating my comments again. Thank you all for your advice and care! I’m really touched.
    I’ll definitely tell her something. At least that I’m struggling, even if I don’t say exactly with what. And that might be enough.
    I don’t want her to tell anyone. But I have one more day to figure it out.

Did you figure it out? Isn't there some sort of confidentiality agreement or something?
    It’s in like 2 hours and I’m just going to decide when I get there XD I think confidentiality agreements don’t hold if you’re a danger to yourself or whatever. I think *kitten* it, I’ll just tell her the truth.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    MFP is eating my comments again. Thank you all for your advice and care! I’m really touched.
    I’ll definitely tell her something. At least that I’m struggling, even if I don’t say exactly with what. And that might be enough.

Did you figure it out? Isn't there some sort of confidentiality agreement or something?
    It’s in like 2 hours and I’m just going to decide when I get there XD I think confidentiality agreements don’t hold if you’re a danger to yourself or whatever. I think *kitten* it, I’ll just tell her the truth.

It'll be a huge weight off your shoulders by asking for help. Most people just want to help when people ask for it.
    Let us know how it goes for you!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

It'll be a huge weight off your shoulders by asking for help. Most people just want to help when people ask for it.
    Let us know how it goes for you!

Ditto!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I am seriously considering telling our resident director about my ED but scared that no one will believe me because I’m not skinny.
    OTOH maybe if they saw the state my teeth are in they’d change their minds.
    I hope all of you are doing well!!

Tell her. And your parents. Maybe you should seek some professional support over there.

I just want to point out that Oberon, Nicole and I have ALL agreed that you need to tell your director that you need help, @SoulOfRusalka

edit to add: I agree with both of them sometimes, and they agree with each other sometimes, but this is the first life advice I can recall us all agreeing on.

I have to admit, I think this is pretty equal to three planets coming into alignment or something, ha ha! I'm kind of hoping for something magical to happen...

If Soul gets the help she needs, that's enough magic for me, but if anything else great happens, let us know so that we can take credit.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    Also I am v sorry for monopolizing this thread to rant about my Issues. I am interested in all of your lives too and you should post so I don’t feel bad ;)
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Also I am v sorry for monopolizing this thread to rant about my Issues. I am interested in all of your lives too and you should post so I don’t feel bad ;)

No you don't monopolize the thread. We are here to help everyone who asks for it. We are pretty open about giving our honest opinion on a situation as well.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Once again, thank you all! You guys are too awesome. I love this thread.
    I did tell her. I didn’t go into detail and minimized it as much as I could, but she was really good about it. Understanding and didn’t overreact at all. I knew I could trust her.
    She says I can either get in touch with my therapist from back home, and she’ll find me an app so we can call without racking up international charges, or if that doesn’t work out she can find me someone to see here.
    You were all right, it felt good to tell her. Terrifying, but good, lol.
    In other news this is my first day b/p free in who *kitten* knows how long. A long time, anyway. I still feel guilty for eating as much as I did, but it is PROGRESSS.

This is all great news! I'm so proud of you for telling her, I knew she would only want to help you! Also well done for being b/p free, just take it one day at a time. <3
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    How does one go about merging with a local competitor without sharing information that you don't want them to have if the whole thing falls apart? We have 24 days to get this done and I am feeling the stress.
    (I am minor minor minor in this scheme so how are my bosses feeling?)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I am taking votes on pies for American Thanksgiving. Choices are pumpkin, apple and chocolate. Should I make all three or only two? If you say only two, should I make apple or chocolate because my three sons will riot if there is no pumpkin pie.

(there you are, Soul, I have now opened the thread for important discussion of things not ED related.)
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    I am taking votes on pies for American Thanksgiving. Choices are pumpkin, apple and chocolate. Should I make all three or only two? If you say only two, should I make apple or chocolate because my three sons will riot if there is no pumpkin pie.

(there you are, Soul, I have now opened the thread for important discussion of things not ED related.)
    Hurrah! All 3, definitely. Otherwise pumpkin and apple are my votes.
    (Afraid I have no sage advice for the merger thing, but—good luck!)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hurrah! All 3, definitely. Otherwise pumpkin and apple are my votes.
    (Afraid I have no sage advice for the merger thing, but—good luck!)

There is no sage advice for the merger. If something happens to ruin it now, we'll just have to rethink the things we've told one another. We are 24 business days out. The states have told us what we have to do (and that includes not being able to fire any staff of Virginia hospitals for two years without cause, oddly enough they did not specify that about physicians practices and outpatient service centers.) to keep this on track.
    Make no mistake we are creating a monopoly and two state governments have more to say about how we go forward than we do. My new health system will have well over 70% of the market share in a 75 mile radius from the chair I am sitting in.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Chocolate chocolate chocolate. I'm always secretly a little disappointed if there isn't a chocolate option!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Don't feel bad, I'm glad folk could help. I don't comment all that much just because I have no experience of ed.

I feel like I'm recovering better than I did from my first c-section. I guess not having three days of labour and no sleep wasn't ideal prep the first time. This time was much calmer and easier. I was only in hospital for one night instead of 5! Still finding it frustrating though. For example, our shower is over the bath, and I can't step in and out unaided. Not being able to wash whenever you want is horrible. Need my husband to lift my leg up. It's quite humbling but glad we have each other. And I'll be happy when I can lift Pandy again but that will realistically be a few weeks.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Once again, thank you all! You guys are too awesome. I love this thread.
    I did tell her. I didn’t go into detail and minimized it as much as I could, but she was really good about it. Understanding and didn’t overreact at all. I knew I could trust her.
    She says I can either get in touch with my therapist from back home, and she’ll find me an app so we can call without racking up international charges, or if that doesn’t work out she can find me someone to see here.
    You were all right, it felt good to tell her. Terrifying, but good, lol.
    In other news this is my first day b/p free in who *kitten* knows how long. A long time, anyway. I still feel guilty for eating as much as I did, but it is PROGRESSS.

<3

Yay to all of this! So glad that you decided to open up about your struggling with someone you can trust.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

Don't feel bad, I'm glad folk could help. I don't comment all that much just because I have no experience of ed.

I feel like I'm recovering better than I did from my first c-section. I guess not having three days of labour and no sleep wasn't ideal prep the first time. This time was much calmer and easier. I was only in hospital for one night instead of 5! Still finding it frustrating though. For example, our shower is over the bath, and I can't step in and out unaided. Not being able to wash whenever you want is horrible. Need my husband to lift my leg up. It's quite humbling but glad we have each other. And I'll be happy when I can lift Pandy again but that will realistically be a few weeks.

Every time I have a friend who needs a c-section, I am grateful that I had four natural births. I know that it's different with an incision, but I laughed at my OB when she said not to lift over 10 pounds for six weeks. My daughter weighed almost 9 pounds so I couldn't have carried her and her diaper bag, much less her and her car carrier. She was three when Son 1 was born. I can't imagine being told not to pick up a 1 year old. (I am a bad patient, I started picking daughter up about 10 days after delivery.)
  • Lois_1989
    Options

I vote apple. I LOVE apple pie. With custard. :yum:
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I vote apple. I LOVE apple pie. With custard. :yum:

I LOVE pumpkin pie. I hope mom makes me a vegan one this year.
  • Oberon21
    Options

So glad you are recovering better this time, but the shower thing would be a pain. But your husband should help... he helped great the issue! ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options

Chocolate chocolate chocolate. I'm always secretly a little disappointed if there isn't a chocolate option!

I'd go for Cherry. I love Cherry.