Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I found the stash of leftover Halloween candy that my daughter put away for the kids. I ate some of it last night and it's been calling to me all day.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    dena789 wrote: »
    I found the stash of leftover Halloween candy that my daughter put away for the kids. I ate some of it last night and it's been calling to me all day.

Well, remember that it isn't yours to eat!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    I (more by accident than conscious effort) haven’t purged today.
    *kitten* it all! *kitten* everything!
    I have to memorize 6 Russian texts for a phonetics exam tomorrow but instead I’m sitting on my phone making bulimia memes.

Get to work, girl.

This!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Put their names on it. Labeling it not mine helps a lot.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I have to memorize 6 Russian texts for a phonetics exam tomorrow but instead I’m sitting on my phone making bulimia memes.

Do you still have time to study? how prepared do you think you are?
  • raymax4
    Options

Can you think of anything that would satisfy you more?
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

Do you still have time to study? how prepared do you think you are?

Meh, I gave up studying and went to sleep (aka lay in my bed watching YouTube to celebrate the death of net neutrality)
    But I got an A- so it’s all good.
    Less than a week left here!
    I’m going out drinking with my tutor tonight. I told host mom I was going to a concert so she wouldn’t worry if I was out late, but I think I’m going to be gone until like 3. Lol. So we’ll see.
  • dena789
    Options

My weakness is candy/chocolate. Not sure I can think of anything that would satisfy me more. I know at this point I should say something like 'thinner would satisfy me more' but I'm having a tough time thinking that way. The key for me WOULD be to find something, anything that would bring me as much satisfaction. Just not sure what that might be.

This is not the first time losing weight for me. I'm 65 and have been dieting for 40 years. My weight has been up and down but, in general, has steadily increased. I'm 45 pounds lighter than my heaviest weight and 40 pounds heavier than my most recent low in 2012 but I was still not at my goal weight. I have been using MFP to track almost constantly since I found it in 2012 with only a few gaps. I'm sure that, without tracking, I'd be right back up to where I was or more.
  • dena789
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

True. If it wasn't all stored in my sewing room, it would help. My sewing room was where I went to release my frustrations and find some calm. I can immerse myself in a project and not think about stuffing my face. However, my sewing room has become my daughter's dumping ground for anything she doesn't know where else to put. As a result, I can't easily access anything much anymore without spending a lot of time rearranging (piling the stuff higher) or digging through the pile to find what I need. Can you tell it's frustrating?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

True. If it wasn't all stored in my sewing room, it would help. My sewing room was where I went to release my frustrations and find some calm. I can immerse myself in a project and not think about stuffing my face. However, my sewing room has become my daughter's dumping ground for anything she doesn't know where else to put. As a result, I can't easily access anything much anymore without spending a lot of time rearranging (piling the stuff higher) or digging through the pile to find what I need. Can you tell it's frustrating?

I am assuming (which could get me in trouble) that your adult daughter and her kids are living with you and that she has taken over your retreat space. If that's case, take it back.

It's 10 days until Christmas and 16 until 2018. On New Year's Day, you should have a meeting with her, lay down the law and "crisis clean" your space - toss anything that is actually trash (including Halloween candy), put away anything you love, wear or use, give away anything serviceable that you don't love, wear or use. If you have your space to sew, then you will be able to stay away from the candy because you want to keep your projects clean.

If it's not, ignore my rant. I am sorry.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    It's 3am and of course I'm awake. I've fed the sproglet on both sides, fresh nappy, cuddled and burped, and she's looking up at me all wide eyed, as if to say, 'why sure you can try putting me in my bed, but I'll probably go ballistic. We're fine right here, why change the status quo?' maybe so Ellie, but mummy needs to sleep.

One month old today!

Also, just eaten a curly wurly in bed for about the tenth night in a row. Stops me from falling asleep while holding her. It's fine, breastfeeding cancels it out. I'm winning at life!
  • dena789
    Options

I am assuming (which could get me in trouble) that your adult daughter and her kids are living with you and that she has taken over your retreat space. If that's case, take it back.

It's 10 days until Christmas and 16 until 2018. On New Year's Day, you should have a meeting with her, lay down the law and "crisis clean" your space - toss anything that is actually trash (including Halloween candy), put away anything you love, wear or use, give away anything serviceable that you don't love, wear or use. If you have your space to sew, then you will be able to stay away from the candy because you want to keep your projects clean.

You are very intuitive. She hasn't exactly taken it over, just puts stuff in there that she has nowhere else to keep. Trouble is, it goes in there and never gets taken back out or a proper place found for it. It's a very difficult situation. There are 8 people living in a smallish house so there isn't much extra space. Because of that I feel a bit guilty for having that room when there are kids doubled up in rooms and I have my bedroom AND another room for myself. I'm not sure that I can or would be able to 'lay down the law' with her as you suggest. I have dropped both subtle hints and a Christmas request that I get my sewing room back but we shall see. I could, however, just get in there and start cleaning out.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    It's 3am and of course I'm awake. I've fed the sproglet on both sides, fresh nappy, cuddled and burped, and she's looking up at me all wide eyed, as if to say, 'why sure you can try putting me in my bed, but I'll probably go ballistic. We're fine right here, why change the status quo?' maybe so Ellie, but mummy needs to sleep.

One month old today!

Also, just eaten a curly wurly in bed for about the tenth night in a row. Stops me from falling asleep while holding her. It's fine, breastfeeding cancels it out. I'm winning at life!

OMG I can't believe she is a month old. Dang time is flying. I'll bet you just love those moments with her (well... you'll remember them with love when you forget the exhaustion part).
  • Oberon21
    edited December 2017
    Options

You are very intuitive. She hasn't exactly taken it over, just puts stuff in there that she has nowhere else to keep. Trouble is, it goes in there and never gets taken back out or a proper place found for it. It's a very difficult situation. There are 8 people living in a smallish house so there isn't much extra space. Because of that I feel a bit guilty for having that room when there are kids doubled up in rooms and I have my bedroom AND another room for myself. I'm not sure that I can or would be able to 'lay down the law' with her as you suggest. I have dropped both subtle hints and a Christmas request that I get my sewing room back but we shall see. I could, however, just get in there and start cleaning out.

The going in there and just cleaning it out has my vote. It will motivate her to action!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    We've taught the toddler to do a King Kong impression every time someone says monkey. Parenting win.

This made me laugh. Teaching your kids to do tricks.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Argh did the Star Wars double header last night. Watched The Force Awakens at 9pm followed by the new The Last Jedi at midnight. Good fun, but didn't get into bed until 03.20. Wake up 3.5 hours later for work. So tiered right now and it's only 09.00. Another 7 hours to go.

How was the new movie?
  • raymax4
    Options

My weakness is candy/chocolate. Not sure I can think of anything that would satisfy me more. I know at this point I should say something like 'thinner would satisfy me more' but I'm having a tough time thinking that way. The key for me WOULD be to find something, anything that would bring me as much satisfaction. Just not sure what that might be.

This is not the first time losing weight for me. I'm 65 and have been dieting for 40 years. My weight has been up and down but, in general, has steadily increased. I'm 45 pounds lighter than my heaviest weight and 40 pounds heavier than my most recent low in 2012 but I was still not at my goal weight. I have been using MFP to track almost constantly since I found it in 2012 with only a few gaps. I'm sure that, without tracking, I'd be right back up to where I was or more.

Are you able to eat a small amount that fit in your calories. When you want Moore say to yourself I can have Moore tomarrow. This works for me. It also enables me to buy more expensive tastier chocolate. Over the last two years the ordinary candy seems like a disappointment so when people bring it to work it doesn’t tempt me so much.
  • raymax4
    Options

One month old today!

Thank you for this post and lots of nostalgia.
    What is curly wurly?
  • SoulOfRusalka
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Bulimia tip: if you intentionally purge after drinking you can impress Russian boys with your ability to drink more than them and not pass out lolol

Less than a week left!!! :o
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    We've taught the toddler to do a King Kong impression every time someone says monkey. Parenting win.

This made me laugh. Teaching your kids to do tricks.
    Definitely a parenting win. I wonder what else you could condition them to do? XD