Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I cannot type today. Sunday, yesterday and today I've woken up feeling tired after a full night sleep and it's annoying me. I even had a 2 hour nap on Sunday and it still didn't help. I hate feeling groggy and my brain is all foggy.

I feel like this all the time lately, still toying with going to the doctor. Just can't seem to find the time.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My physical problem with Christmas coming earlier and earlier is that I am allergic to evergreens and poinsettias. (I have logical problems with seeing Christmas decorations before Halloween too. I can only concentrate on one holiday at a time.) So now that I have caught the cold my kids brought home from school, I cannot get rid of it because Christmas is everywhere. I am a whiny baby today and already over the decorations.

But do you like my office door, Mel?!? :p

tbbdcd94fvok.jpg

I love the door!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Trying to think of a good excuse for why I’ll be out until 4 AM next weekend, as I don’t know how to say “drag show” in Russian and I’m not sure I should...
    in the meantime I have shamelessly given up fighting my disgusting goblin tendencies and the evidence of bulimia is accumulating faster than I can throw it away again...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    My real life friend Susie made this turtle with pecans from the tree in her yard. It's so rich it will take me all day to eat it. I am dying of satisfaction right now.

That sounds overwhelmingly rich to me.

It was. It literally took me four hours to finish it one bite at a time.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Poll question: our department Christmas lunch is the 7th. Our hospital dietary people are catering it. Last year they provided GF options, but I got sick from cross contamination. Should I go and not eat, go and take my chances, or skip the whole thing?

What did you do? I would have swung by, said I am super busy, grabbed something safe and headed back to my desk just to be seen. For the politics of it. I can't stand to socialize for the sake of socializing.

I went. The dietary people stayed and served so I ate rotisserie chicken and salad. It was not the most fun thing I did this week, but I did it.

I won't be going when my team of 20 people (as opposed to the whole revenue cycle department of 185) goes to lunch. The vote was for an Italian place I used to love, but they make all of their pasta and bread in house and I have gotten sick from cross contamination. (The same family has a GF friendly restaurant across town. They make the GF pasta there and bring the regular pasta and bread from Guiseppe's, but I don't think you can seat more than 20 people in it.)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Trying to think of a good excuse for why I’ll be out until 4 AM next weekend, as I don’t know how to say “drag show” in Russian and I’m not sure I should...
    in the meantime I have shamelessly given up fighting my disgusting goblin tendencies and the evidence of bulimia is accumulating faster than I can throw it away again...

Hang in there. How much longer will you be there.?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Um, I may have gotten a bit carried away.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I assume you just purchased them and didn't eat them (yet)?
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    According to British news, SNOWPOCALYPSE is happening today. My view so far: xqt2rm075nno.jpg
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    It's official, SNOWPOCALYPSE was a bust. We barely scraped 1/4 inch before it melted, we were forecast 5 inches!

So instead we put up the Christmas tree. Andrew has no clue what it us, but he is very excited! Ellie slept through it. This is our second first Christmas in a row.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options

A couple of weeks. I can function like this for years though, it’s nbd, I’m just being a drama queen. Not to mention I could stop any time I wanted.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    I finally got my mom used to the idea of a tattoo, but now what I really want is scarification... baby steps.
    Maybe for Christmas I’ll ask for a lip ring because then I won’t be able to eat or purge anymore.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

You have to try all the flavors, right?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited December 2017
    Options

A couple of weeks. I can function like this for years though, it’s nbd, I’m just being a drama queen. Not to mention I could stop any time I wanted.

No, you can't. You're not made to function this way and you haven't stopped yet. And I have been there and know what I am talking about.

ETA: if I sound judgmental, then I am sorry. I am concerned for you.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I assume you just purchased them and didn't eat them (yet)?

Yeah. I haven’t tried any of them...yet. The only one I didn’t buy was the chocolate banana. I don’t like banana flavored stuff.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

Candy Bar is a pretty vague flavour for an ice cream. I want specifics here people!
    You must have a really big freezer. I would have to eat four of those to fit them in mine.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I finally got my mom used to the idea of a tattoo, but now what I really want is scarification... baby steps.
    Maybe for Christmas I’ll ask for a lip ring because then I won’t be able to eat or purge anymore.

Yikes, scarification is cool but ouchie! :#
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Confession: For the last few days the bulk of my calories have come from pita chips and hummus. And fruit.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Confession: For the last few days the bulk of my calories have come from pita chips and hummus. And fruit.

Could be a lot worse. Mine has come from takeaways, chocolate and Stollen :lol: It's that wonderful time of year again!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Stollen! My grandma made Stollen. It was never one of my favorite things, but now I miss her and her Stollen terribly.