Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Ellie is two weeks old today and a bit Jekyll and Hyde. She's easy in the day. She'll sleep anywhere so long as I feed her every couple of hours. But come the evening/night she becomes a banshee. Lots of screaming and squirming and will not be put down. Takes at least an hour to settle when we go to bed, we usually have at least one two hour feed/cry session in the middle of the night, and she only sleeps for 2.5 hours at most, so sleep is pretty 50/50 right now. I think it's colic, so I'm pretty resigned to it for the next couple of months. Who needs unbroken sleep anyway!?

Recovery is going well. I can move much easier at last and get in the shower. Still a bit sore and certainly not going anywhere, but it's not literally taking my breath away like it initially was. I cooked French toast for supper like a boss!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Ellie is two weeks old today and a bit Jekyll and Hyde. She's easy in the day. She'll sleep anywhere so long as I feed her every couple of hours. But come the evening/night she becomes a banshee. Lots of screaming and squirming and will not be put down. Takes at least an hour to settle when we go to bed, we usually have at least one two hour feed/cry session in the middle of the night, and she only sleeps for 2.5 hours at most, so sleep is pretty 50/50 right now. I think it's colic, so I'm pretty resigned to it for the next couple of months. Who needs unbroken sleep anyway!?

Recovery is going well. I can move much easier at last and get in the shower. Still a bit sore and certainly not going anywhere, but it's not literally taking my breath away like it initially was. I cooked French toast for supper like a boss!

I like all of this except the colic.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

Sounds like me until I was about 5 years old :lol:

I'm glad your recovery is going well though :)
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    1600 calories and no purging again! Well, 1600 planned calories.
    Because I’m going to drink 600 calories’ worth of alcohol.
    Because that’s still cheaper than bulimia and work on your *kitten* in the order it’s killing you.
    AND I sent all my emails today.
    WOOP WOOP.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    @spamarie I can’t quote but wow, being a parent sounds exhausting. I promise not to complain about morning classes ever again ;) go you!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @spamarie I can’t quote but wow, being a parent sounds exhausting. I promise not to complain about morning classes ever again ;) go you!

It is exhausting. And Spam is doing an awesome job. (I probably have a kid your age and one older than you. It's worrying your parents that you're out of the country.)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Had a super stressful day, worried about getting my French visa on time.
    But 1400 calories and no purging. I think I might be a warlock.
    I bought myself a stuffed dog and a candy bar for lunch because I have the emotional maturity of a really exhausted 6 year old.
    I hope everyone else had a good day!

I sooooo remember getting my French visa. You just threw me back to being 20. When I'm off my phone I'll document my story. Thanks for making me feel 20 again. <3
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

It's all about context. When I was a student I used to actively look out for lessons run by profs who hated 9am classes. No one wants to learn case declensions at 9am!

Nowadays if it gets to 8am, I'm all amazed at my epic lie-in. Although I'm not sure if counts as a lie-in if you're up at 2am and 5am for 1.5 hours. Currently doing my 2am shift. Rock and roll.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited December 2017
    Options

It's all about context. When I was a student I used to actively look out for lessons run by profs who hated 9am classes. No one wants to learn case declensions at 9am!

Nowadays if it gets to 8am, I'm all amazed at my epic lie-in. Although I'm not sure if counts as a lie-in if you're up at 2am and 5am for 1.5 hours. Currently doing my 2am shift. Rock and roll.

From the tween, teen and adult kids side of night feedings, yes 8am is a lie in.
    ETA: I have a terrible head cold, want nothing more than to sleep and am instead up waiting for the teen to get home. Driving seems less dangerous when I am doing it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    My physical problem with Christmas coming earlier and earlier is that I am allergic to evergreens and poinsettias. (I have logical problems with seeing Christmas decorations before Halloween too. I can only concentrate on one holiday at a time.) So now that I have caught the cold my kids brought home from school, I cannot get rid of it because Christmas is everywhere. I am a whiny baby today and already over the decorations.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    Scared I might have waited too long and actually *kitten* up my visa application.
    I love my college, so everything will be okay if I go back there instead of spending the semester in France, but I’m disappointed in myself that I keep *kitten* up my life on purpose anytime it gets too good.

I’m thinking of making a bulimic bucket list to purge in all most wildly inappropriate places I can before I leave. Today featuring the largest and most amazing art museum in the world. Hmm, what’s the oldest thing I can destroy with my stomach acid? Probably the sphinxes.

(I jest. I am not going to purge behind the sphinxes.)
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    My physical problem with Christmas coming earlier and earlier is that I am allergic to evergreens and poinsettias. (I have logical problems with seeing Christmas decorations before Halloween too. I can only concentrate on one holiday at a time.) So now that I have caught the cold my kids brought home from school, I cannot get rid of it because Christmas is everywhere. I am a whiny baby today and already over the decorations.
    You’re allowed to whine about something that annoying! Sounds awful. Allergies suck.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Scared I might have waited too long and actually *kitten* up my visa application.
    I love my college, so everything will be okay if I go back there instead of spending the semester in France, but I’m disappointed in myself that I keep *kitten* up my life on purpose anytime it gets too good.

I’m thinking of making a bulimic bucket list to purge in all most wildly inappropriate places I can before I leave. Today featuring the largest and most amazing art museum in the world. Hmm, what’s the oldest thing I can destroy with my stomach acid? Probably the sphinxes.

Probably a good idea, they would probably put you in jail for that.
  • Oberon21
    Options

From the tween, teen and adult kids side of night feedings, yes 8am is a lie in.
    ETA: I have a terrible head cold, want nothing more than to sleep and am instead up waiting for the teen to get home. Driving seems less dangerous when I am doing it.

8 am seems decadent to me too, I rarely can even lie in bed til 7 am.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

So sorry you caught a cold to add to your allergies. It certainly sounds miserable.
    Hope you feel better soon
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

Cringes. I have never had bulimia but the times I have thrown up where wretched and I can’t imagine doing it on purpose.

You were doing so well, why get back on the merry-go-round?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

Cringes. I have never had bulimia but the times I have thrown up where wretched and I can’t imagine doing it on purpose.

I have had bulimia and purging gives you a false sense of control. I do hope Soul is jesting about the whole purging thing, but I totally understand where she is.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    The good thing about being sick (if there is a good thing) is that my grandmother was an excellent herbalist (her mother was a medicine woman) and my mom taught me her tricks. I have used them all today to make it through the Christmas parade because I am on the parade committee at work. I am not actually better, but I made it. If I do it all again tomorrow and the next day, I might beat this mess.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

Because I’m an idiot and I love suffering