Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    spamarie wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    It's 3am and of course I'm awake. I've fed the sproglet on both sides, fresh nappy, cuddled and burped, and she's looking up at me all wide eyed, as if to say, 'why sure you can try putting me in my bed, but I'll probably go ballistic. We're fine right here, why change the status quo?' maybe so Ellie, but mummy needs to sleep.

One month old today!

Also, just eaten a curly wurly in bed for about the tenth night in a row. Stops me from falling asleep while holding her. It's fine, breastfeeding cancels it out. I'm winning at life!

Thank you for this post and lots of nostalgia.
    What is curly wurly?

A long thin chocolate coated toffee thing by cadburys. Only 115 cal and my go to emergency treat as it takes some chewing. I want one now!

I havent had these in a long time, I must get some!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I guess while I'm cluttering up the confession thread, I might as well confess. I haven't done one single productive thing at work today and don't really see that changing this afternoon :tongue:

Confession: Me, either.

In my defense, I have absolutely NOTHING to do. Waiting on other people to do their thing first.

I was pretty productive this morning, but then I got to a problem that took an hour to research and that was that...

Good thing I have that $10 million win from last week to last me the rest of the year....

Sarcasm?

If not, I'll need a handout for the wedding. :)

Not sarcasm, but not my personal money either. The 11th of December, the big bosses set four of us looking for 8.8 million dollars that they couldn't account for. We found 10 million. The CEO was impressed. I think I can skate by on that for the rest of year, even if I am not very productive some days. I'm getting the really important stuff done.

ETA:if I will the lottery any time soon, I will give you a handout in exchange for an invitation. ;)

Ha ha deal!

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but we decided on a 20's/prohibition themed wedding. This has proven a cheaper but limited choice of dress. But the silver lining is the less choice, the easier the decision. :lol:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    I guess while I'm cluttering up the confession thread, I might as well confess. I haven't done one single productive thing at work today and don't really see that changing this afternoon :tongue:

In my defense, I have absolutely NOTHING to do. Waiting on other people to do their thing first.

I was pretty productive this morning, but then I got to a problem that took an hour to research and that was that...

Good thing I have that $10 million win from last week to last me the rest of the year....

Sarcasm?

Not sarcasm, but not my personal money either. The 11th of December, the big bosses set four of us looking for 8.8 million dollars that they couldn't account for. We found 10 million. The CEO was impressed. I think I can skate by on that for the rest of year, even if I am not very productive some days. I'm getting the really important stuff done.

ETA:if I will the lottery any time soon, I will give you a handout in exchange for an invitation. ;)

Ha ha deal!

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but we decided on a 20's/prohibition themed wedding. This has proven a cheaper but limited choice of dress. But the silver lining is the less choice, the easier the decision. :lol:

That is so cool!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited December 2017

Sarcasm?

Ha ha deal!

I love this idea.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    I’m back in the US! I even got away with a knife in my carry-on. Back on track with eating less, starting today!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Good luck @SoulOfRusalka , I hope the ed is easier to manage on home soil.

Sleep is still terrible here. I can cope with feeding every two hours if she'd settle down in between, but several times a night it's just a screaming match. We went to bed at 10 and I don't think I slept until 2ish and then she needed feeding again at 4 and 6. The only sleep I got the night before was the two hours husband held her. Won't be swaddled, won't take a dummy (pacifier) or anything that's commonly suggested. Looking forward to Christmas but less so if my brain is fuzz.
  • Lois_1989

Sleep is still terrible here. I can cope with feeding every two hours if she'd settle down in between, but several times a night it's just a screaming match. We went to bed at 10 and I don't think I slept until 2ish and then she needed feeding again at 4 and 6. The only sleep I got the night before was the two hours husband held her. Won't be swaddled, won't take a dummy (pacifier) or anything that's commonly suggested. Looking forward to Christmas but less so if my brain is fuzz.

Are the parents coming over? Maybe they could take over for a couple of hours so you can nap?
  • Lois_1989
    I’m back in the US! I even got away with a knife in my carry-on. Back on track with eating less, starting today!

That's a bit scary! Glad you go back safe though. :)
  • Italian_Buju

Glad you are back home. Good luck!
  • Italian_Buju
    Merry Christmas everyone! I know I am a few days early but I most likely won't have time to be back here for over a week after today. I hope everyone has a safe, fun holiday full of love.

Let me leave you with my favourite Christmas song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-xzyD00_fI
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member

Aww I am sorry you are having such a rough time. Hopefully she will settle down soon.
  • Oberon21

Sarcasm?

Ha ha deal!

That will be cool!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

Awesome.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

That's a bit scary! Glad you go back safe though. :)

We just aren't going to talk about that.
  • Oberon21

Welcome home!
  • Oberon21
    Confession: my major goal today is do not die of boredom at work. I have a project, but it's boring project and I will be done by 11am anyway. After that, everyone who gives me projects are in merger meetings and everyone whose work I need to be done before I start is on Christmas vacation.

I was hoping to be bored this week. It didn't happen.
  • Oberon21
    Confession: I may end the year at a higher weight than I started it. Oops. But I'm down two pants sizes and broke a state deadlift record, so there's that.

You replaced muscle for fat. WIN!

I will also be up. Quite a bit if this AM is any indication. But I replaced muscles with fat. LOSER
  • SoulOfRusalka

Sarcasm?

Ha ha deal!

That is so cool!
    Seconded! That sounds awesome.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Thank you all for the welcome home wishes!
  • Oberon21
    edited December 2017
    Please explain buckeye balls! Looks like something I might need!!

Original Oreo vote here. I'm so hungry for rubbish now! Emergency night curly wurly isn't going to last much longer.

Buckeye Balls:

7fa4qptc3cxf.jpg

Blend peanut butter and butter together. Blend in vanilla.

Add powdered sugar. Blend on low til completely mixed/smooth. (I found this to be too sweet. My Grandma Max used to have graham crackers in hers. I'm going to make another batch and do half pulverized grahams and half powdered sugar.)

Form into balls. Freeze at least one hour.

Dip in chocolate!

Done.

Oh, I used to make these, but we called them peanut butter balls. Not buckeye balls. But then we don't live or didn't live in Idaho!

Oh, and I totally dipped them in chocolate.