Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Scared I might have waited too long and actually *kitten* up my visa application.
    I love my college, so everything will be okay if I go back there instead of spending the semester in France, but I’m disappointed in myself that I keep *kitten* up my life on purpose anytime it gets too good.

I’m thinking of making a bulimic bucket list to purge in all most wildly inappropriate places I can before I leave. Today featuring the largest and most amazing art museum in the world. Hmm, what’s the oldest thing I can destroy with my stomach acid? Probably the sphinxes.

(I jest. I am not going to purge behind the sphinxes.)

Cringes. I have never had bulimia but the times I have thrown up where wretched and I can’t imagine doing it on purpose.

You were doing so well, why get back on the merry-go-round?
    Because I’m an idiot and I love suffering

I disagree. You are not an idiot, I doubt you could get there if you tried.
    We all have ineffective ways of coping, thats why we are here.
    Is there a better habit that can help you with coping instead of purging? One that you can go to if you find the urge to purge?
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Lois got engaged!!!!

Clapping hands with delight!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Scared I might have waited too long and actually *kitten* up my visa application.
    I love my college, so everything will be okay if I go back there instead of spending the semester in France, but I’m disappointed in myself that I keep *kitten* up my life on purpose anytime it gets too good.

I’m thinking of making a bulimic bucket list to purge in all most wildly inappropriate places I can before I leave. Today featuring the largest and most amazing art museum in the world. Hmm, what’s the oldest thing I can destroy with my stomach acid? Probably the sphinxes.

(I jest. I am not going to purge behind the sphinxes.)

Cringes. I have never had bulimia but the times I have thrown up where wretched and I can’t imagine doing it on purpose.

You were doing so well, why get back on the merry-go-round?
    Because I’m an idiot and I love suffering

I disagree. You are not an idiot, I doubt you could get there if you tried.
    We all have ineffective ways of coping, thats why we are here.
    Is there a better habit that can help you with coping instead of purging? One that you can go to if you find the urge to purge?

I agree with this. You are not an idiot.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Decided to give up trying for the visa. ED is out of control, I might as well be on my own campus where I can check in with the health center that I’m not dying and have more control over my life.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Decided to give up trying for the visa. ED is out of control, I might as well be on my own campus where I can check in with the health center that I’m not dying and have more control over my life.

This is not a bad idea.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    My physical problem with Christmas coming earlier and earlier is that I am allergic to evergreens and poinsettias. (I have logical problems with seeing Christmas decorations before Halloween too. I can only concentrate on one holiday at a time.) So now that I have caught the cold my kids brought home from school, I cannot get rid of it because Christmas is everywhere. I am a whiny baby today and already over the decorations.

But do you like my office door, Mel?!? :p

tbbdcd94fvok.jpg

Suits my mood and possibly your profession. Are those raccoons or cats in masks? They made me think of the Ives whichever.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I think it's grumpy cat Mel. Very suitable for a Scrooge!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    My physical problem with Christmas coming earlier and earlier is that I am allergic to evergreens and poinsettias. (I have logical problems with seeing Christmas decorations before Halloween too. I can only concentrate on one holiday at a time.) So now that I have caught the cold my kids brought home from school, I cannot get rid of it because Christmas is everywhere. I am a whiny baby today and already over the decorations.

But do you like my office door, Mel?!? :p

tbbdcd94fvok.jpg

I think we could be related. :lol:
  • Lois_1989
    edited December 2017
    Options

Sorry you are not going for it, but I think I agree with Mel that it's not a bad idea. You don't want to uproot and go through everything all over again. Are you going home for Christmas?
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I cannot type today. Sunday, yesterday and today I've woken up feeling tired after a full night sleep and it's annoying me. I even had a 2 hour nap on Sunday and it still didn't help. I hate feeling groggy and my brain is all foggy.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I think it's grumpy cat Mel. Very suitable for a Scrooge!

Yep, Grumpy Cat! Found them at Fred Meyer and couldn't resist. We're doing a door decorating contest at work that I didn't want to participate in.

b8mhj5x8pw8u.jpg
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Poll question: our department Christmas lunch is the 7th. Our hospital dietary people are catering it. Last year they provided GF options, but I got sick from cross contamination. Should I go and not eat, go and take my chances, or skip the whole thing?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Poll question: our department Christmas lunch is the 7th. Our hospital dietary people are catering it. Last year they provided GF options, but I got sick from cross contamination. Should I go and not eat, go and take my chances, or skip the whole thing?

A or C. I'd C, personally.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I would love to just stay at my desk and skip it; however, my bosses are awfully touchy with this ever-loving merger. I don't know whether they would be more offended if I went and didn't eat or if I skip it. Rationally, they shouldn't care if I socialize at all, but they aren't rational. Not a bit.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

I would love to just stay at my desk and skip it; however, my bosses are awfully touchy with this ever-loving merger. I don't know whether they would be more offended if I went and didn't eat or if I skip it. Rationally, they shouldn't care if I socialize at all, but they aren't rational. Not a bit.

Hmmmm.... as hospital dietary people go, you'd think they would nail something like that wouldn't you? Could you show face and then leave when people start eating?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Good idea
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Hmmmm.... as hospital dietary people go, you'd think they would nail something like that wouldn't you? Could you show face and then leave when people start eating?

I think they nail it for patients, but it's hard not to cross contaminate at a catered event. It's not always the dietary people who put a contaminated spoon in a GF dish.

And, no, if I go, I have to stay. I am considering taking my own lunch.
    But someone in my group has a small poinsettia on her desk and I had to ask my manager to ask her to take it home. I think she has taken to her car already because I am breathing better in the last 5 minutes than I have all day. I know there poinsettias all over downstairs and I am afraid our party room will be full of them. I suppose if I have an asthma attack, they have to let me leave.
    I'm a Bah Humbug when it comes to socializing at Christmas. I can't seem to do it and stay well.
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I hate Beyonce. It's not even mild disgust. Like, I really just can't stand her.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I hate Beyonce. It's not even mild disgust. Like, I really just can't stand her.
    Same.