Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I've been on daily fragmin injections to avoid DVT since my op. One of the side effects is easily bruising and they weren't lying! I have bruises appearing yesterday in places that happened before the op, like from the blood test in my arm. And the backs of both hands, which were fine for a week, have now turned purple. Plus my belly is going polka dot. I'm pretty attractive! The first few injections were fine, but now the sting like hell! Thankfully it's my last one today. Yet another pregnancy joy they never warn you about in advance!

What is DVT? I guess the walls of the veins were compromised already so blood leaked through the damaged area? Is fragmin a blood thinner?

Deep vein thrombosis. It's a risk if surgery, so I have blood thinner injections for ten days and compression stockings for six weeks. It's so glamorous!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I can't believe how many pies you all have! How many people are you catering for?!

We had seven pies and a pumpkin cheesecake dessert thing - for 13 people! It was crazy.

Yum, but I bet you now have delicious leftovers!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I've been on daily fragmin injections to avoid DVT since my op. One of the side effects is easily bruising and they weren't lying! I have bruises appearing yesterday in places that happened before the op, like from the blood test in my arm. And the backs of both hands, which were fine for a week, have now turned purple. Plus my belly is going polka dot. I'm pretty attractive! The first few injections were fine, but now the sting like hell! Thankfully it's my last one today. Yet another pregnancy joy they never warn you about in advance!

Glad it's over. :)
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

It sounds frightening. I'm glad this is your last dose.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

What is DVT? I guess the walls of the veins were compromised already so blood leaked through the damaged area? Is fragmin a blood thinner?

Deep vein thrombosis. It's a risk if surgery, so I have blood thinner injections for ten days and compression stockings for six weeks. It's so glamorous!!

I remember the compression stockings from baby No.1. I wondered if you wore them again.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    1600 calories and no purging and I honestly want to stick a fork through my tongue.
    Eyyyyy.

Why? I was excited when I saw "1600 calories and no purging." That's a victory!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    1600 calories and no purging and I honestly want to stick a fork through my tongue.
    Eyyyyy.

YEAH! Well done you!

cbbhtztlsapl.gif

One day down, on to the next one. You can do it!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Eyyyyy.

Win!!! I know that was hard for you.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Eyyyyy.

Eyyyyy.

YEAH! Well done you!

cbbhtztlsapl.gif

Eyyyyy.

I still feel stupidly guilty.
    But *kitten* it, one thing at a time.
    Thank you all for the support <3:)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Eyyyyy.

Eyyyyy.

YEAH! Well done you!

cbbhtztlsapl.gif

Eyyyyy.

I get it. I felt guilty when I stopped the two hours in the gym after two hours at the Barre after walking all over campus all day.
    And you are welcome. I want you to succeed.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Eyyyyy.

Eyyyyy.

YEAH! Well done you!

cbbhtztlsapl.gif

Eyyyyy.

whos-awesome.jpg
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Eyyyyy.

Eyyyyy.

YEAH! Well done you!

cbbhtztlsapl.gif

Eyyyyy.

More than welcome! How did yesterday go?
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    Had a super stressful day, worried about getting my French visa on time.
    But 1400 calories and no purging. I think I might be a warlock.
    I bought myself a stuffed dog and a candy bar for lunch because I have the emotional maturity of a really exhausted 6 year old.
    I hope everyone else had a good day!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I bought myself a stuffed dog and a candy bar for lunch because I have the emotional maturity of a really exhausted 6 year old.

Woo! Good work!

I would also like a stuffed dog and a candy bar for lunch, please. :p
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Woo! Good work!

Can I get a stuffed dragon and a candy bar? I need something to scare people away from my desk and my stuffed snowman and penguins aren't doing the job.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    edited November 2017
    Options

Woo! Good work!

Can I get a stuffed dragon and a candy bar? I need something to scare people away from my desk and my stuffed snowman and penguins aren't doing the job.
    You can always do like my sister did as a child and cut them up and sew the body parts back to the wrong ones to make frankensnowpenguins.
    Funnily enough she did become a doctor...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Woo! Good work!

You can always do like my sister did as a child and cut them up and sew the body parts back to the wrong ones to make frankensnowpenguins.

I was unclear, the penguins aren't stuffed. Just the snowman. The penguins light up, except the batteries are dead. I could get a Bah, Humbug sign.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Woo! Good work!

I was unclear, the penguins aren't stuffed. Just the snowman. The penguins light up, except the batteries are dead. I could get a Bah, Humbug sign.

I just ordered a shirt off zulily.com that says "I am freaking merry" for Christmas parties.