Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    best-thanksgiving-memes.jpg

MfLk8LmEBDhlW4uh0LQD26JLJopgbQBXGP4ExLs29yrehZMM1lawiww_swVwMiCkL6xhCR0lFnCtYGed828_xTnzaL_7lzOLRhCOEfu1AXyhislLbM0ex3NKN3NNJaz1_iyIDxxt

thanksgiving-meme-bach-bach-bach.jpg

memegenerator.net_.jpg
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Oh, its today?
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

mpvzbdt3ddl1.gif

Love, me in England <3
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I can't believe how many pies you all have! How many people are you catering for?!

I usually have four pies and 2-3 other desserts at a big holiday meal.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how many pies you all have! How many people are you catering for?!

:astonished:

But how many people would be there?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    In the true spirit of Thanksgiving, I ate way too much for lunch and topped it off with 2 cookies.

I didn't want to feel left out....

Seems reasonable!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I am sooooooooooooo excited for Thanksgiving tomorrow. All the yummy foooooooood. Stuffing and gravy is my favorite part.

Stuffing and gravy are my least favorite part. But now I want pie!

I can take or leave most of the Thanksgiving foods, but stuffing is definitely my favorite!

My least favorite Thanksgiving food is definitely my grandmother's pumpkin pie. I think she basically just takes a can of pumpkin & doesn't put any spices in. I remember one year fighting with my sister on who had to take the pie home. I ended up crushing the pie after I tripped climbing out of the suburban & falling on top of it.

Was that deliberate? :p
  • Oberon21
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Ralphone wrote: »
    I ate a bunch of grasshopper cookies today but I really didn't need but I really wanted. They were really good. Now I feel better that I get to tell you LOL

Explain grasshopper cookies, please.

Yes, this please.

I'm guessing they are minty cookies. A grasshopper cocktail is minty.

I'm guessing they are the cookies like oreos and the filling is green?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Well I thought I was going to just make apple and pumpkin pies this year but ended up with enough piecrust to make another pie, so I made a pecan pie.
    I boiled my beets today but after supper noticed that they weren't quite done so I set the stove on high fully intending to turn them down. I got distracted with mom and you guessed it. Worse I did not notice it until they were little black charcoal balls in the pan. Seriously crispy black on the outside with tiny soft red spots in the center.
    How could such a great baking day be so sadly ended!
    This week does seem to have a theme of fire.

If you had to burn something the beets were probably the best thing to burn. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Six at my house and then I will take my dad a small piece of chocolate pie tomorrow. My mom used to make it and no one else in my family ever paid much attention to how it's done. But remember that the average age of my boys is 16. They can out away some pie.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    In the true spirit of Thanksgiving, I ate way too much for lunch and topped it off with 2 cookies.

I didn't want to feel left out....

Seems reasonable!

Yes, thanks for joining us!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

We had seven pies and a pumpkin cheesecake dessert thing - for 13 people! It was crazy.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

:astonished:

But how many people would be there?

6-15 depending on who comes. But its about variety at a holiday. Things that you would not just make for no reason, like pies.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Ate a lot of apple pie and bunch of beers .
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Ate a lot of apple pie and bunch of beers .

I hope you enjoyed it thoroughly.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I've been on daily fragmin injections to avoid DVT since my op. One of the side effects is easily bruising and they weren't lying! I have bruises appearing yesterday in places that happened before the op, like from the blood test in my arm. And the backs of both hands, which were fine for a week, have now turned purple. Plus my belly is going polka dot. I'm pretty attractive! The first few injections were fine, but now the sting like hell! Thankfully it's my last one today. Yet another pregnancy joy they never warn you about in advance!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I've been on daily fragmin injections to avoid DVT since my op. One of the side effects is easily bruising and they weren't lying! I have bruises appearing yesterday in places that happened before the op, like from the blood test in my arm. And the backs of both hands, which were fine for a week, have now turned purple. Plus my belly is going polka dot. I'm pretty attractive! The first few injections were fine, but now the sting like hell! Thankfully it's my last one today. Yet another pregnancy joy they never warn you about in advance!

What is DVT? I guess the walls of the veins were compromised already so blood leaked through the damaged area? Is fragmin a blood thinner?