Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Had a super stressful day, worried about getting my French visa on time.
    But 1400 calories and no purging. I think I might be a warlock.
    I bought myself a stuffed dog and a candy bar for lunch because I have the emotional maturity of a really exhausted 6 year old.
    I hope everyone else had a good day!

Woo! Good work!

I would also like a stuffed dog and a candy bar for lunch, please. :p

Can I get a stuffed dragon and a candy bar? I need something to scare people away from my desk and my stuffed snowman and penguins aren't doing the job.
    You can always do like my sister did as a child and cut them up and sew the body parts back to the wrong ones to make frankensnowpenguins.
    Funnily enough she did become a doctor...

I was unclear, the penguins aren't stuffed. Just the snowman. The penguins light up, except the batteries are dead. I could get a Bah, Humbug sign.

I just ordered a shirt off zulily.com that says "I am freaking merry" for Christmas parties.
    I want one that says “my mad face and my happy face are the same”.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a stuffed dog and a candy bar for lunch because I have the emotional maturity of a really exhausted 6 year old.

Woo! Good work!

Can I get a stuffed dragon and a candy bar? I need something to scare people away from my desk and my stuffed snowman and penguins aren't doing the job.
    You can always do like my sister did as a child and cut them up and sew the body parts back to the wrong ones to make frankensnowpenguins.

I used to paint and accessorise Barbie dolls as a teenager. I had zombie Barbie, devil Barbie, vampire, evil mermaid, etc. Not sure what the original motivation was, other than I'm a weirdo, but I did eventually shoehorn them into my a-level (16-18 year old school exams) art project. I got an excellent grade for them too! Teenage me would have loved frankensnowpenguin.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    1600 calories and no purging and I honestly want to stick a fork through my tongue.
    Eyyyyy.

Good Stuff!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Woo! Good work!

:o
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

For dinner tonight I had M&Ms, a quest bar, & a Sunbelt bakery bar.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    For the record, a FedEx double trailer semi going off an overpass and landing cab first on the road my husband takes to work is a terrible way to start a Wednesday.
    My husband is fine, saw the truck and was detoured around the accident.
    One of the two occupants is dead and the other will surprise me if he lives the night. (quoting the newspaper "hospitalized with life threatening injuries" ) Both came in on medflights and then there were three more flights before I left work this afternoon.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    For the record, a FedEx double trailer semi going off an overpass and landing cab first on the road my husband takes to work is a terrible way to start a Wednesday.
    One of the two occupants is dead and the other will surprise me if he lives the night. (quoting the newspaper "hospitalized with life threatening injuries" ) Both came in on medflights and then there were three more flights before I left work this afternoon.

Did you joe about the accident before you knew your husband was ok? That vertically would throw me off until I knew he was ok. Sounds like a very busy day
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Eating to much junk lately Help
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

Did you joe about the accident before you knew your husband was ok? That vertically would throw me off until I knew he was ok. Sounds like a very busy day

Well, I did because I heard the flight call, but I heard that before he would normally get to the crash site. I wasn't really worried about him, but it was glad to hear from him. They didn't open the road back up until after 7pm last night. It's really amazing that the truck did not hit anyone under the overpass. I would love to know what happened to send it over the side.

It is also another of those annoying instances where no one talks about the four winning med flights yesterday, just the one with the driver who didn't make it. The old adage if it bleeds it leads is true.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »

I don't know if it helps, but so am I. I am sick (and will be until someone takes these poinsettias out of my office) and I am stressed over both work and personal stuff. Junk is the only thing that I can taste, particularly salty potato chips and nuts. (And no one can convince me the whole can of peanuts isn't junk.)
  • raymax4
    Options

Well, I did because I heard the flight call, but I heard that before he would normally get to the crash site. I wasn't really worried about him, but it was glad to hear from him. They didn't open the road back up until after 7pm last night. It's really amazing that the truck did not hit anyone under the overpass. I would love to know what happened to send it over the side.

It is also another of those annoying instances where no one talks about the four winning med flights yesterday, just the one with the driver who didn't make it. The old adage if it bleeds it leads is true.

I was curious about the accident so I typed in fed ex accident in my search bar. They did not say much on that one . Fed Ex has had several accidents but not much is reported in any of them. Humm
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    I *kitten* up and almost fainted in a Starbucks yesterday. Oops.
    Back on track today. Even though I ate a chocolate bar for lunch, but that’s normal-bad, not binging-bad.
    Am now preparing to write scary emails and then drink a liter of alcohol and hope my host mom doesn’t belong.
    It even comes in its own paper bag so you can drink it on the street.
  • raymax4
    Options

I don't know if it helps, but so am I. I am sick (and will be until someone takes these poinsettias out of my office) and I am stressed over both work and personal stuff. Junk is the only thing that I can taste, particularly salty potato chips and nuts. (And no one can convince me the whole can of peanuts isn't junk.)

You can't convince me that peanuts are junk. You can convince me that a whole can depending on the size is an overindulgence and quite a lot of salt.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options

... healthy fats!!!
    (I just want to believe because I love peanuts.)
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    On the theme of convincing oneself it's not junk food, I made a batch of flapjacks (the British kind made if oats and golden syrup) and have already eaten half of them, using the excuse that oats are good for breastmilk production. That may well be, but I already have plentiful milk and I'm not so bothered by their nutritional benefits that I would go so far as to eat porridge (gross!). Slather it in sugar, syrup and butter though and all of a sudden I'm super I to the benefits of oats.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

... healthy fats!!!
    (I just want to believe because I love peanuts.)

They are healthy fats, but this was the half salt planters cocktail peanuts. I just can't taste anything that isn't loaded with salt. :(
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    On the theme of convincing oneself it's not junk food, I made a batch of flapjacks (the British kind made if oats and golden syrup) and have already eaten half of them, using the excuse that oats are good for breastmilk production. That may well be, but I already have plentiful milk and I'm not so bothered by their nutritional benefits that I would go so far as to eat porridge (gross!). Slather it in sugar, syrup and butter though and all of a sudden I'm super I to the benefits of oats.

Hmm... If there's salt in the butter or if I put in a ton of cinnamon in the batter, maybe I could taste this.
  • raymax4
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

Now I'm considering going and making pancakes
  • raymax4
    Options
    I've been wanting to make gingerbread, this one looks nice so i imported it into my recipe then loved it just to see.
    uizelw95c0mt.png

So one piece has 135 grams of sugar and 64 grams of carbs 11 grams of fat, no fiber and little protein.
    walks away from the screen sad, I'll see if there are other options
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I've been wanting to make gingerbread, this one looks nice so i imported it into my recipe then loved it just to see.
    uizelw95c0mt.png

So one piece has 135 grams of sugar and 64 grams of carbs 11 grams of fat, no fiber and little protein.
    walks away from the screen sad, I'll see if there are other options

Almond flour. It's an expensive substitute, but you could do half and half and add some protein/reduce the carbs. Sub in applesauce (maybe cinnamon flavored) for half the fat.