Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Guess who didn’t binge and didn’t purge and didn’t eat “enough” and didn’t do her homework and didn’t make her decision today?
    This me.

I saw swan lake though and I feel nice and floaty. Crossing my fingers to be entering a restrictive phase.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I hate Beyonce. It's not even mild disgust. Like, I really just can't stand her.
    Same.

I am probably too old to like her, but I have never understood why she became a big deal.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Poll question: our department Christmas lunch is the 7th. Our hospital dietary people are catering it. Last year they provided GF options, but I got sick from cross contamination. Should I go and not eat, go and take my chances, or skip the whole thing?

A or C. I'd C, personally.

I would love to just stay at my desk and skip it; however, my bosses are awfully touchy with this ever-loving merger. I don't know whether they would be more offended if I went and didn't eat or if I skip it. Rationally, they shouldn't care if I socialize at all, but they aren't rational. Not a bit.

Hmmmm.... as hospital dietary people go, you'd think they would nail something like that wouldn't you? Could you show face and then leave when people start eating?

I think they nail it for patients, but it's hard not to cross contaminate at a catered event. It's not always the dietary people who put a contaminated spoon in a GF dish.

And, no, if I go, I have to stay. I am considering taking my own lunch.
    But someone in my group has a small poinsettia on her desk and I had to ask my manager to ask her to take it home. I think she has taken to her car already because I am breathing better in the last 5 minutes than I have all day. I know there poinsettias all over downstairs and I am afraid our party room will be full of them. I suppose if I have an asthma attack, they have to let me leave.
    I'm a Bah Humbug when it comes to socializing at Christmas. I can't seem to do it and stay well.

I was about to say, could you take your own lunch in with you? You should do that!

It makes me sad that you are allergic to poinsettias. They are pretty. :( I'm glad she did remove it though, breathing is quite important.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Guess who didn’t binge and didn’t purge and didn’t eat “enough” and didn’t do her homework and didn’t make her decision today?
    This me.

I saw swan lake though and I feel nice and floaty. Crossing my fingers to be entering a restrictive phase.

Well, you can't win them all. The ones you did win are the ones that count the most so well done for that!

Yay for Swan Lake! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    Tfw you’ve already bought binge food once today so you consider going back to the store in sunglasses and a wig
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Tfw you’ve already bought binge food once today so you consider going back to the store in sunglasses and a wig

Just decide not to go back. :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to stop eating. My stomach feels yucky, and I keep thinking I can settle it by eating something. Today I've had half a bag of Gardetto's, 2 tubs of Greek Gods yogurt, a big rice krispie treat, a Starbucks cold brew, my regular morning coffee, turkey potato soup, a banana, and three little tubs of peanut butter (that I stole from the hotel's breakfast yesterday). Gah. I just want to go to bed and start over without any of those calories counting. :'(
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Poll question: our department Christmas lunch is the 7th. Our hospital dietary people are catering it. Last year they provided GF options, but I got sick from cross contamination. Should I go and not eat, go and take my chances, or skip the whole thing?

A or C. I'd C, personally.

I would love to just stay at my desk and skip it; however, my bosses are awfully touchy with this ever-loving merger. I don't know whether they would be more offended if I went and didn't eat or if I skip it. Rationally, they shouldn't care if I socialize at all, but they aren't rational. Not a bit.

Hmmmm.... as hospital dietary people go, you'd think they would nail something like that wouldn't you? Could you show face and then leave when people start eating?

I think they nail it for patients, but it's hard not to cross contaminate at a catered event. It's not always the dietary people who put a contaminated spoon in a GF dish.

And, no, if I go, I have to stay. I am considering taking my own lunch.
    But someone in my group has a small poinsettia on her desk and I had to ask my manager to ask her to take it home. I think she has taken to her car already because I am breathing better in the last 5 minutes than I have all day. I know there poinsettias all over downstairs and I am afraid our party room will be full of them. I suppose if I have an asthma attack, they have to let me leave.
    I'm a Bah Humbug when it comes to socializing at Christmas. I can't seem to do it and stay well.

I would do what is best for your health and well being.
  • raymax4
    Options
    I hate Beyonce. It's not even mild disgust. Like, I really just can't stand her.

She is not on my radar screen to care either way.
  • raymax4
    Options
    This me.

What is a restrictive phase?

• raymax4
    Options
    My real life friend Susie made this turtle with pecans from the tree in her yard. It's so rich it will take me all day to eat it. I am dying of satisfaction right now.

Yum it looks good!
  • raymax4
    Options
    This me.

that's kinda like buying 2 drinks so the fast food person will think you are sharing the food you bought with someone else.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    This me.

that's kinda like buying 2 drinks so the fast food person will think you are sharing the food you bought with someone else.
    *shouting to empty house* pizza’s here!!!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    This me.

What is a restrictive phase?
    Phase of restricting my eating.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to stop eating. My stomach feels yucky, and I keep thinking I can settle it by eating something. Today I've had half a bag of Gardetto's, 2 tubs of Greek Gods yogurt, a big rice krispie treat, a Starbucks cold brew, my regular morning coffee, turkey potato soup, a banana, and three little tubs of peanut butter (that I stole from the hotel's breakfast yesterday). Gah. I just want to go to bed and start over without any of those calories counting. :'(

This week wasn't good for me either. I sat down this morning and put together an eating and exercise tracking plan again. My weight just keeps creeping up.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My real life friend Susie made this turtle with pecans from the tree in her yard. It's so rich it will take me all day to eat it. I am dying of satisfaction right now.

That sounds overwhelmingly rich to me.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Same.

ditto
  • Oberon21
    Options

What did you do? I would have swung by, said I am super busy, grabbed something safe and headed back to my desk just to be seen. For the politics of it. I can't stand to socialize for the sake of socializing.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I cannot type today. Sunday, yesterday and today I've woken up feeling tired after a full night sleep and it's annoying me. I even had a 2 hour nap on Sunday and it still didn't help. I hate feeling groggy and my brain is all foggy.

I feel like this all the time lately, still toying with going to the doctor. Just can't seem to find the time.