Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Weird confession/query.

I struggle to keep faces in my mind until I have known someone a good while. If your face is in your profile pic, I've probably got it, but otherwise I 'assign' you another face in my head. It can be someone I already know, or a celebrity. I don't like people to be faceless just because I have a crappy memory.

If I've not seen your face, I do this by default. If I have seen your face, it can take me several times to accept the real you in my mind.

Does anyone else do this?

Oddly I like to draw, and my favourite thing to draw is faces. So it's not like I'm oblivious to faces!

Kind of. This year we had a new employee named Anne Marie. We knew she was coming for two weeks. I mentally assigned her your picture. And when she got here, she looked like you with longer hair.
    I do try to get close if I pick a celebrity. There's a girl at my church (a teenager) who looks like Audrey Hepburn. I can never remember her actual name and my son gives me such a hard time about it. She says, "oh, no, I am fine being known as Audrey Hepburn."
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Weird confession/query.

I struggle to keep faces in my mind until I have known someone a good while. If your face is in your profile pic, I've probably got it, but otherwise I 'assign' you another face in my head. It can be someone I already know, or a celebrity. I don't like people to be faceless just because I have a crappy memory.

If I've not seen your face, I do this by default. If I have seen your face, it can take me several times to accept the real you in my mind.

Oddly I like to draw, and my favourite thing to draw is faces. So it's not like I'm oblivious to faces!

Kind of. This year we had a new employee named Anne Marie. We knew she was coming for two weeks. I mentally assigned her your profile picture. And when she got here, she looked like you with linger hair.

How weird!! Spam you have an American Doppelganger!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Weird confession/query.

Can we make requests? I would like my face to be a young Geena Davis, please.

7bn7vbsnuf6a.jpg

Ooooh good choice! I'll try and remember that... I have your face quite well remembered. And your butt. :lol:

0qcgt60ok0y4.gif
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Weird confession/query.

Kind of. This year we had a new employee named Anne Marie. We knew she was coming for two weeks. I mentally assigned her your profile picture. And when she got here, she looked like you with linger hair.

Actually, she's from Quebec. She has a French last name. It's very very odd. Although, she's getting more sleep than internet Anne-Marie right now. No new baby at her house.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Weird confession/query.

Do you picture my face for me, or am I some glamorous celebrity?! I'm VERY curious about this!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Weird confession/query.

I’m kind of the same. I’m more likely to remember a face than a name. If Danny asks if I remember someone, he has to explain the situation when I last saw/ met them and I’ll try and picture their face. Or if it’s an actor he has to tell me what I’ve seen them in and then I’ll be able to picture them. Also I’ll recognise someone and I’ll know the character name, but not the real name.

Even though I do know your face, I have to think about it first because I picture your logo first. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t recognise you in the street though. I would recognise POF though, I’ve seen you twice in real life! You’re re embedded into the grey matter now :)

I also do this!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Weird confession/query.

7bn7vbsnuf6a.jpg

Oh, honey, you're MUCH prettier than Geena Davis. Young or otherwise.
  • MoHousdon
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Weird confession/query.

7bn7vbsnuf6a.jpg

Ooooh good choice! I'll try and remember that... I have your face quite well remembered. And your butt. :lol:

*nods furiously.

• quiksylver296
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Weird confession/query.

7bn7vbsnuf6a.jpg

You're truly making me blush. :blushing:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Weird confession/query.

7bn7vbsnuf6a.jpg

I'm not going to argue if you want to be Geena Davis. You can deadlift two of me and then some....
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Weird confession/query.

7bn7vbsnuf6a.jpg

I'm not going to argue if you want to be Geena Davis. You can deadlift two of me and then some....

LOL. I don't want to BE her. I like being me. But if Spammie is going to imagine a celebrity for my face, I pick Geena.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    In that case, can I be Eva Green? :D
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    If she's going g to pick a celebrity to be me in her head, I choose Liz Taylor.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Weird confession/query.

I do actually have a doppelganger. A friend of mine was convinced he saw me at some random music festival until he spoke to her and realised it wasn't me. I wish he'd gotten a photo!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    So quik, I've more or less got your face in my head, but at first you were Catherine zeta Jones, which ain't bad!

Patricia looks like my aunt Genevieve, who is also a runner. She doesn't actually of course!

Soul looks like Hermione! Not Emma Watson, my own imagined version when I read the books. There is a whole hp association going on from our joint pretend efforts at language revision.

Mo, I can remember you cos of profile pics, but at first you were a bit like Annie Lennox, also not bad!

Mel is also easy because profile pic.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I think I need to follow Spamarie's example and just work on the veg portion of my healthy eating. I am good at protein consumption, but suck at the veg part. Baby steps.
    I managed to push myself on my first work out back and set myself back a week with DOMS. Ever have it so bad that your muscles all feel bruised and hurt when people touch you? Just now getting to the point I can walk with out pain.

*hugs*

Hoping your pain has subsided!

I know I need to get back on track with my eating!

Like you I need to try to incorporate more veggies in my diet & cut back on the mindless snacking/binging around my period.

Today so far I had a protein bar for Breakfast & four servings of cereal with Greek yogurt for lunch.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    So quik, I've more or less got your face in my head, but at first you were Catherine zeta Jones, which ain't bad!

Patricia looks like my aunt Genevieve, who is also a runner. She doesn't actually of course!

Soul looks like Hermione! Not Emma Watson, my own imagined version when I read the books. There is a whole hp association going on from our joint pretend efforts at language revision.

Mo, I can remember you cos of profile pics, but at first you were a bit like Annie Lennox, also not bad!

Mel is also easy because profile pic.

This could be my face.

A customer stopped dead in their tracks the one day & told me I had to Google this name, because I looked so much like her.

tatiana-as-anna1.jpg?w=595

& the day the customer said I looked like the girl from Dirty Dancing. I knew he meant the crazy sister bwahahahahahaha!

Lisa-Houseman-doesn-t-look-like-this-anymore-671556.jpg
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession: I have the flu. And because of the weird strain of flu we have going around, you don't test positive right away so I probably exposed my whole team.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession: I have the flu. And because of the weird strain of flu we have going around, you don't test positive right away so I probably exposed my whole team.

Oh, no!!! Feel better!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    When I was thinner, I was always told I looked like Nigella Lawson. I think it was the dark hair and high cheek bones.

aom6t04xwq4t.jpeg