Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Headed on a work road trip today, then a haircut. Maybe spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner. Have a little charity powerlifting meet tomorrow that's more just for fun than anything.

Hey, @Lois_1988, I heard an English saying and I wanted to see if you knew it. "Teaching your grandma to suck eggs." Is that a common saying?

Yes it is. It means telling someone something they're already an expert in, as though you know better (when you don't). An example is my dad who likes to question or correct my mother's French. My mother is French. My dad isn't, and doesn't even speak it very well to say they've been married for 37 years!

So grandma's are expert egg suckers?! :smirk:

@MoHousdon yay you're back!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Good girl! I got back in the pool today after having a 4 month break. I have a ways to go to get back to where I was.

I am half scared to start lifting at the moment. I am the biggest I have ever been and putting the bar behind my head for squats is difficult. Too much back fat. Looks like I get to use dumbells until I can get my shoulder blades closer together. I am considering going to my gym and using the pool there. Maybe swimming will help me along. I float really well right now! :D

Me too! I found I kept splashing when I kick my legs because I'm floating too high. :lol: I was supposed to swim today, but yesterday I came down with my second cold of 2018. That's right, my second one in 10 days. I got rid of the first one last Friday, and came down with another one yesterday. :confounded:

I've had three colds in six weeks, too. So done with being sick! :sick:

I hope you both get better and STAY better!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Headed on a work road trip today, then a haircut. Maybe spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner. Have a little charity powerlifting meet tomorrow that's more just for fun than anything.

Hey, @Lois_1988, I heard an English saying and I wanted to see if you knew it. "Teaching your grandma to suck eggs." Is that a common saying?

Yes it is. It means telling someone something they're already an expert in, as though you know better (when you don't). An example is my dad who likes to question or correct my mother's French. My mother is French. My dad isn't, and doesn't even speak it very well to say they've been married for 37 years!

So grandma's are expert egg suckers?! :smirk:

@MoHousdon yay you're back!

For now at least. Good to "see" you, Kelly!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,440 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Good girl! I got back in the pool today after having a 4 month break. I have a ways to go to get back to where I was.

I am half scared to start lifting at the moment. I am the biggest I have ever been and putting the bar behind my head for squats is difficult. Too much back fat. Looks like I get to use dumbells until I can get my shoulder blades closer together. I am considering going to my gym and using the pool there. Maybe swimming will help me along. I float really well right now! :D

Me too! I found I kept splashing when I kick my legs because I'm floating too high. :lol: I was supposed to swim today, but yesterday I came down with my second cold of 2018. That's right, my second one in 10 days. I got rid of the first one last Friday, and came down with another one yesterday. :confounded:

I've had three colds in six weeks, too. So done with being sick! :sick:

I hope you both get better and STAY better!

Me, too!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Confession:

I keep the calories on my diary high (1930) (close to my TDEE) so I don't go over that often. I'm not gaining weight and I've stayed static (within a couple pounds) for months, a year maybe(?). Maybe I'm in maintenance now. I'm worried about changing anything because I don't want MFP to freak out and mess up all my macros. Which don't really matter because I haven't been hitting them anyway.

I've been on here for 4 years. You'd think I'd be further along than I am and slightly know what I'm doing.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession:

I keep the calories on my diary high (1930) (close to my TDEE) so I don't go over that often. I'm not gaining weight and I've stayed static (within a couple pounds) for months, a year maybe(?). Maybe I'm in maintenance now. I'm worried about changing anything because I don't want MFP to freak out and mess up all my macros. Which don't really matter because I haven't been hitting them anyway.

I've been on here for 4 years. You'd think I'd be further along than I am and slightly know what I'm doing.

I think I first logged in in 2012, and yeah. I should totally have my kittens sorted out more by now. LOL
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Confession:

My microwave died. You don't realize how much you use your microwave until you can't. :grumble:

I live right next door to my parents who are currently snowbirding in Yuma, AZ. So, last night, I took my leftover pulled pork over to their house to warm it up in their microwave. While I was waiting for the pork to warm up, I checked their freezer. Tillamook Salted Caramel Hazelnut ice cream. I may have taken a spoon and dug out all the salted caramel and ate it. (There was only about two servings left in the container.)

And I didn't log it.

Would die without my microwave 100% . Yay for surprise ice cream though!

Hey, @JessicaMcB! Long time, no see (in this thread, anyway).

I'm always reading like a creeper, the only thing I can keep up with posting on consistently is the running challenge thread though haha.

@MoHousdon When I went back on race cut I felt the same re: *kitten* my *kitten* macros. Do you still want to cut much more?

My only real confession of late is that I am terrible at Instagram, like sweet baby Jesus save me lol, but I need to figure that out if I want to get in on any of the ambassador programs :/ . Ahhh to be social media inferior
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession:

If I expected you to have it sorted out after four years, then I would have to have to have sorted out after four years which I don't.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Today I am really *kitten* determined to ignore the urge to binge tonight. I'll write instead and eventually that will be my better habit. (I've been writing at least 500 words every day as a new year's resolution).
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    Confession:

Idk, sounds like you're doing pretty well to me...
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Taking a 4.5 day weekend may have been a bad idea. I have lost my patience with the stupid around here. I have a coworker who was complaining that there's no coffee in one of the break rooms.

Me: is there no coffee in the supply closet?
    Jane Doe: I don't know. I didn't look.
    Me: (goes to closet, brings back coffee, dumps in drawer) Problem solved.

Seriously? You're an adult. You have children. And you can't open a closet door to see if there's coffee in it?

OMG! That's so redonculous! I would have been so melodramatic about the stupidity.

Yay someone else who says redonculous!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Weird confession/query.

I struggle to keep faces in my mind until I have known someone a good while. If your face is in your profile pic, I've probably got it, but otherwise I 'assign' you another face in my head. It can be someone I already know, or a celebrity. I don't like people to be faceless just because I have a crappy memory.

If I've not seen your face, I do this by default. If I have seen your face, it can take me several times to accept the real you in my mind.

Does anyone else do this?

Oddly I like to draw, and my favourite thing to draw is faces. So it's not like I'm oblivious to faces!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Weird confession/query.

I struggle to keep faces in my mind until I have known someone a good while. If your face is in your profile pic, I've probably got it, but otherwise I 'assign' you another face in my head. It can be someone I already know, or a celebrity. I don't like people to be faceless just because I have a crappy memory.

If I've not seen your face, I do this by default. If I have seen your face, it can take me several times to accept the real you in my mind.

Oddly I like to draw, and my favourite thing to draw is faces. So it's not like I'm oblivious to faces!

I’m kind of the same. I’m more likely to remember a face than a name. If Danny asks if I remember someone, he has to explain the situation when I last saw/ met them and I’ll try and picture their face. Or if it’s an actor he has to tell me what I’ve seen them in and then I’ll be able to picture them. Also I’ll recognise someone and I’ll know the character name, but not the real name.

Even though I do know your face, I have to think about it first because I picture your logo first. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t recognise you in the street though. I would recognise POF though, I’ve seen you twice in real life! You’re re embedded into the grey matter now :)
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    My house flooded this morning -_- luckily the upstairs is fine but 6 inches of water downstairs and we spent the morning trying to push it out the door with brooms.
    FUN TIMES.
    I managed to eat like a semi-normal person yesterday, so trying for today too.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    My house flooded this morning -_- luckily the upstairs is fine but 6 inches of water downstairs and we spent the morning trying to push it out the door with brooms.
    FUN TIMES.

Oh, no! That's awful.

Good job on the eating!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Confession:

At least you have had some kind of consistency. I have been here at least that long and still feel like I don't know what I am doing. Mine is totally lack of commitment and consistency. Lapses in application.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    FUN TIMES.

Been there so I feel your pain. Glad you kept the eating in line. Better than I did, for sure.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Weird confession/query.

Can we make requests? I would like my face to be a young Geena Davis, please.

7bn7vbsnuf6a.jpg

Ooooh good choice! I'll try and remember that... I have your face quite well remembered. And your butt. :lol: