Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I think I need to follow Spamarie's example and just work on the veg portion of my healthy eating. I am good at protein consumption, but suck at the veg part. Baby steps.
    I managed to push myself on my first work out back and set myself back a week with DOMS. Ever have it so bad that your muscles all feel bruised and hurt when people touch you? Just now getting to the point I can walk with out pain.

Yes. I have and I hate it. I may be doing to myself again tonight too, but I am going to try to stretch enough to avoid it.

I am getting back to it myself. Only this time starting light and slowly. The weight will come later. I just need to not hurt myself again.

My gym decorates to the ceiling (almost literally) with poinsettias from Thanksgiving to Epiphany. This will be my first time back in a long time.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I decided to do Barre class instead of lifting heavy last night. We use hand weights and it was a good workout, but I am not dying this morning.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Once again, I have nothing to do at work today. Sigh.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

I am in the same boat there with you. Work days where I don't have anything scheduled are hard. I try not to fall asleep.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Good girl! I got back in the pool today after having a 4 month break. I have a ways to go to get back to where I was.

I am half scared to start lifting at the moment. I am the biggest I have ever been and putting the bar behind my head for squats is difficult. Too much back fat. Looks like I get to use dumbells until I can get my shoulder blades closer together. I am considering going to my gym and using the pool there. Maybe swimming will help me along. I float really well right now! :D
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession:

My microwave died. You don't realize how much you use your microwave until you can't. :grumble:

I live right next door to my parents who are currently snowbirding in Yuma, AZ. So, last night, I took my leftover pulled pork over to their house to warm it up in their microwave. While I was waiting for the pork to warm up, I checked their freezer. Tillamook Salted Caramel Hazelnut ice cream. I may have taken a spoon and dug out all the salted caramel and ate it. (There was only about two servings left in the container.)

And I didn't log it.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I am in the same boat there with you. Work days where I don't have anything scheduled are hard. I try not to fall asleep.

Or snack! Ugh.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Good girl! I got back in the pool today after having a 4 month break. I have a ways to go to get back to where I was.

I am half scared to start lifting at the moment. I am the biggest I have ever been and putting the bar behind my head for squats is difficult. Too much back fat. Looks like I get to use dumbells until I can get my shoulder blades closer together. I am considering going to my gym and using the pool there. Maybe swimming will help me along. I float really well right now! :D

Swimming is a serious workout! I get winded after just a couple laps.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

Me too! I found I kept splashing when I kick my legs because I'm floating too high. :lol: I was supposed to swim today, but yesterday I came down with my second cold of 2018. That's right, my second one in 10 days. I got rid of the first one last Friday, and came down with another one yesterday. :confounded:
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Confession:

My microwave died. You don't realize how much you use your microwave until you can't. :grumble:

I live right next door to my parents who are currently snowbirding in Yuma, AZ. So, last night, I took my leftover pulled pork over to their house to warm it up in their microwave. While I was waiting for the pork to warm up, I checked their freezer. Tillamook Salted Caramel Hazelnut ice cream. I may have taken a spoon and dug out all the salted caramel and ate it. (There was only about two servings left in the container.)

And I didn't log it.

You :naughty: you!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Me too! I found I kept splashing when I kick my legs because I'm floating too high. :lol: I was supposed to swim today, but yesterday I came down with my second cold of 2018. That's right, my second one in 10 days. I got rid of the first one last Friday, and came down with another one yesterday. :confounded:

I've had three colds in six weeks, too. So done with being sick! :sick:
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession:

And I didn't log it.

You :naughty: you!

I'm a rebel.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

I've had three colds in six weeks, too. So done with being sick! :sick:

Oh my gosh, I'll be annoyed if I get another one...
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Confession:

And I didn't log it.

Would die without my microwave 100% . Yay for surprise ice cream though!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Confession:

And I didn't log it.

Ditto. My microwave died in November and I went straight to the store for a new one.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession:

And I didn't log it.

Ditto. My microwave died in November and I went straight to the store for a new one.

I would have, but they're going to repair it for free. So I have to wait for the repairman. He should be coming today, I think.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession:

And I didn't log it.

Hey, @JessicaMcB! Long time, no see (in this thread, anyway).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I should get a medal for all the snarky things I HAVEN'T said in all the threads out there.

I'm playing nice, reminding myself we were all newbs once.

It can be hard to keep the snark at bay on here & in real life.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Taking a 4.5 day weekend may have been a bad idea. I have lost my patience with the stupid around here. I have a coworker who was complaining that there's no coffee in one of the break rooms.

Me: is there no coffee in the supply closet?
    Jane Doe: I don't know. I didn't look.
    Me: (goes to closet, brings back coffee, dumps in drawer) Problem solved.

Seriously? You're an adult. You have children. And you can't open a closet door to see if there's coffee in it?

OMG! That's so redonculous! I would have been so melodramatic about the stupidity.