Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am super cranky now cuz I had a pissy day :s
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

ETA: Yay me, I can follow directions!

That's awesome! Did you admit it was box?
    Yes! I owned it! Thursday night is my regular girls' bike group ride. I knew I would be pretty late getting home and didn't want to take the time to make one from scratch. I usually at least make frosting from scratch, but didn't even bother this time. Apparently, there are plenty of people here who can't even make a decent cake using box mix. :neutral:

Nice!
    Man, I bet frosting from scratch is AMAZING!

It's easy to make. Butter, confectioner's sugar, cream (just a bit), dash salt, dash vanilla or cocoa powder depending on flavor. Takes just a few minutes and OMG is it worth the effort.

That's for buttercream and if you whip it longer/sub heavyweight whipping cream for the cream it gets super fluffy... More butter, it gets fudgier...

Omgggg, don't tell me this!!!!

Kelly, IKR? If I make any dessert I'll either try the black bean brownies or make a dessert dip from the recipes I pinned.

Ugh, yup...my struggle was real yesterday and it was hard to read all these yummy descriptions!! I did really well (awesome in fact) yesterday during the day. BUT once my son was in bed and my husband left for fishing overnight, I raided my desserty snack stash that I bought. I had hidden it in my son's closet earlier while he napped but *stupidly* removed it later and so it became available to me once I was alone. :(
    Ended the day in red. Oh well.
    On the brighter side, I'm only 2 pounds heavier this morning rather than my usual 4. :)
    I'm about to go start my run so I'll catch up with you all later. Have a good day/weekend.

Kelly, except for the child you and I are the same people today! I ate stupidly yesterday (lots of nuts, M&Ms, Peppermint Patties) and was in the red as well. I am up for my morning run as well! Shockingly, my weight was flat (probably due to sleeping for 8 (interrupted) hours as I went to bed as soon as I got home.

The best thing about weekends is I find it easy to stay within goals and I exercise a TON so hopefully I'll be back in my desired range by Monday (2 lbs over my lowest and 3.2 from my goal).

Have a good run!

Wow, 8 hours!! Nice!
    That's good that you have an easy time on weekends staying on track. Weekends are sometimes harder for me because my husband goes fishing one of the days. But when he goes, he's gone from about 7pm until 9pm the following night..so over 24 hours without him. I sometimes make bad decisions when he's not here (it's alone time that is hard for me..so when he's gone and my son naps/sleeps, it can get messy). Then the 2nd day of the weekend, we usually go out for dinner...and I get really excited about restaurant food, sooo yeah. Haha.
    And thanks, I had a good run. I did 8.5 miles and felt pretty good despite my extra 2 pounds.
    How'd your run go? Also...strike??

I am so busy on weekends and fit in so much exercise that I am either not hungry or have so much surplus I can eat a lot (like the 4 cupcakes I (grrr) ate at the barn and still be green). I only did 4 miles on the run but each one was successively faster and made my 2 exercise classes so I am good. And of course rode.

D day is 12 am tonight so I'll definitely let you all hear about it at that point! Of course they can continue to talk which leaves everyone hanging. ...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    The way I want my body to look changes pretty much from day to day. Sometimes I want to look softer and I think the weight I'm at now is fine if I could just rearrange fat in some places and put it elsewhere. Sometimes I want to be much more slim, but still soft. Sometimes I want to look like superwoman and have super toned and muscled arms (not as muscled as that woman posted, but still awesome). I feel like I am never truly happy with my body.

I find women of all different body types beautiful :tongue:

I find women of all body types beautiful... Except me! ;)

You are beautiful. I have seen the proof!

Double Ditto!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, @bkhamill! That baby is the cutest little thing! How adorable - look at those big eyes. How is your daughter doing?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'm back from vacation (will try to post a couple of pictures later) but just wanted to say Hi! There's no way I can catch up, so I'm just going to jump right back in there.

It's great to see some old faces back on the thread!

Welcome back!!
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

ETA: Yay me, I can follow directions!

That's awesome! Did you admit it was box?
    Yes! I owned it! Thursday night is my regular girls' bike group ride. I knew I would be pretty late getting home and didn't want to take the time to make one from scratch. I usually at least make frosting from scratch, but didn't even bother this time. Apparently, there are plenty of people here who can't even make a decent cake using box mix. :neutral:

Nice!
    Man, I bet frosting from scratch is AMAZING!

Oh, it is. And super easy, too--I HATE frosting in a can, ever since I tasted frosting from scratch. You just can't go back!

I'd love to hate frosting in a can.

I polished off the leftover tub in one night.

When I bought the brownie ingredients, I also grabbed a tub of frosting just in case I needed to jazz them up. I ate about a quarter of it (with a spoon, @Italian_Buju just in case you were wondering) while waiting for the brownies to cool enough to sample.

Once I'd decided the brownies didn't need frosting, I then ate some more frosting out of the tub.

Clearly, I need to make frosting from scratch so I can break this nasty habit.

:s
    Just frosting on a spoon? I think that would be yucky!

Apparently not....

Definitely not... buttercream on a spoon is the best.... well, maybe peanut butter buttercream is better.
    I guess it's just me then! LOL
    I have a hard time eating anything like that straight without something to cut the richness. Even peanut butter, I love it, but could never just eat it out of the jar without crackers or an apple or something!

I have to pair most foods. I have a hard time eating meat, without salad or bread to cut it with (sometimes potato but usually not). I cannot eat eggs without toast or potatoes. Actually, I can now eat scrambled eggs cut with only Canadian bacon, but that took a while to get use to. And, I mean to have those foods in the same bite, not just with the same meal.

"Cut the richness"? What a foreign concept, lol.

The only weirdnesses I have about food consumption are eating almost everything with a fork and knife and there are things I don't like to be contaminating each other. Like if I have eggs and pancakes on the same plate, I'll eat the eggs entirely first because I don't like pancake syrup on eggs.

Same here. I would use separate plates for foods like that.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @bkhamill she is one beautiful baby girl!!! Congratulations. :smiley:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    No time to read and catch up right now, but here are some pics of the new grandbaby, Lily Kay!hbbetwvo8su1.jpg
    p62qbks28dkf.jpg

Beautiful!!!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    My son just bummed a Quest bar off me. Guess I will have to try s'mores next round......

Did you get him hooked too?

Not sure yet, but he was certaintly intrigued by all the different flavors I had. I am waiting to see if he comes back for more.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    No time to read and catch up right now, but here are some pics of the new grandbaby

Congrats! She is beautiful!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @bkhamill she is gorgeous!! Hope mom and little Lily are doing well!! <3
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @bkhamill She is absolutely precious! Congratulations!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to @girldownsouth and @Tubbs216.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    My sweet dog passed away this morning and I couldn't be any more miserable.

Aww sorry for your loss:(.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I confess it always baffles me when someone brings up that I am left handed as it is some rare disease. Any other lefties here?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.

Dexter started well, but it was terrible for the last few series.

I'm currently binge watching castle and criminal minds. Not seen breaking bad, am really not that interested but everyone always says it's so good. Same goes for game of thrones.

ETA: lost had the most disappointing ending ever. And how I met your mother needed 2 fewer seasons.

Is Castle on Netflix?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    No time to read and catch up right now, but here are some pics of the new grandbaby, Lily Kay!

Aww she's so tiny & cute. Congrats.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 YOU'RE BACK!!!! You have been missed!!!! <3 And now, I am going to find a calculator to see how much you are lifting in lbs, cuz I have no idea.

ETA: Nice lifting, Lois! Those are great numbers (now that I know what they equal)

Ditto!!

And I'm a middle-aged Canadian... the metric system was introduced while I was in school... I can think in both lbs and kg, inches and cm, grams and oz, miles and km, Celsius and Fahrenheit...

I can do the bolded, oz completely escape me and so does Fahrenheit. I know there is a little equation to figure out Fahrenheit to Celsius but I can never remember it. :confounded:

I cheat o:) I have an app that converts for me so I can convert it quickly and talk to SO about celcius temps like I know what I'm talking about hahaha

Well in my opinion:

0-10C - Cold to chilly (warm jacket)
    10-20C - Chilly to cardigan weather
    20-30C - Cardigan to perfect
    30C + = WAY too hot for me.

26-28C is my perfect weather
    Starts at 0?? Update for Western Canada:
    -0 to -10C - Getting chilly - maybe wear a jacket out. Gloves too, if it's windy. T-shirt ok if it's still and sunny.
    -10 to -15C - Really should wear a jacket. Snow boots too, possibly.
    -15 to -20C - Ok, now it's getting a bit cold. Don't hang around too long outside.
    -20 to -30C - Ugh, Calgary weather! Do not lick lampost. Very fast dog walks.
    -30 to -40C - Time to hibernate with Netflix.
    -40 and colder - YOU DIE!!!!
    -10C (14 F) is "getting chilly?" Oh man. I know I've been living in Canada for four years and all but the winter weather is just terrible. I guess it's even worse in western Canada? :( In the South we would have all been dying at -10 C.

-10 is incredibly rare here too. Happened a few times when I was in VA this winter and I did not cope well with it, one morning it was -22 and I felt like I couldn't breathe!! I like about 25 or so. Getting better at understanding F now though, but not as a conversion, just that 32 is freezing, 40-50 is kind of ok, 60+ and sunny is starting to get nice, 85+ is starting to get too hot.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I confess it always baffles me when someone brings up that I am left handed as it is some rare disease. Any other lefties here?

Because it is!! Haha just kidding! Lefties have always fascinated me though since majority of people are right handed! Out of all five of my siblings and I my youngest brother is the only lefty in the fam! He's special :)
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    So just to let you all know - according to the mean temperature data I could find I live in the coldest spot of all of us. Except for maybe @ythannah who is probably a bit colder depending where in the area she is.

Average mean temperatures for January (in both C and F):

Thunder Bay: -15 / 5
    Edmonton: -11.7 / 11
    Montreal: - 8.9/16
    Dayton, OH: -2.5/27.5
    New Jersey: -1/30.5 (and the area of Kansas I checked was about the same)
    Portland, OR: 5.2/41
    Dayton, OH: 8/46
    Saudi Arabia: 14/57
    Corpus Christie, TX: 14/57

If I don't know exactly where in your state you live, I just picked a large city that I hoped was close.

ETA: Obviously I didn't do everyone. I just picked a few people at random.

I looked up London too: 7/44

Against this list makes us look hot! Unfortunately July is only 19/67. This is doubtless hotter in every place on that list.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    We have a BIG thunderstorm going through right now. There was a tornado around the city about an hour ago but it didn't touch down, fortunately. I moved my car into the garage and covered my plants just in time - there was hail the size of golf balls for about 5 minutes! EEek!

That IS scary. I'm glad you're alright. Did you happen to get any pictures of the hail. I'm fascinated with summer thunderstorms, but I know they're nothing to play around with.

I love storms, but it probably is because we don't get anything really dramatic here. That hail sounds insane.