Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Morning Patricia :)

I'm having some early morning cuddles with Charlie while he watches Madagascar.

It's Mr Smartie, Mrs smartie, and i's anniversary today. They drove down on Friday night to surprise me. Got the fright of my life when I heard my front door opening at 1am.

We took Charlie, and my 9 year old niece to the zoo yesterday and had a lovely day in the sunshine.

Lazy day plans today and I have a table booked at a restaurant in Uxbridge for tonight. We start a new year together today. We've got a lot of work to do to repair our relationships, but half the battle is that we each want to.

My weight is the same for the fourth week running and I confess I am seriously PO!

Do NOT stress on weight it will come. Maybe look at what you are eating (not calories but what is it you are eating. .. a calorie is not a calorie so you could be in a deficit but still not eating the right figs to lose) but again just keep exercising and no binge parties because you aren't losing that is self defeating.

Cuddling Charlie sound wonderful and good luck in your new year with the smarties! May it bring you the joy and happiness you deserve. No matter what the outcome. Happy Sunday!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Random but my cats are running around like maniacs because I am awake.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's definitely down to food intake which has been really really bad :( need to get back on track
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    adbhmb wrote: »
    I have taken almost every fad "weight loss" pill out there, and even though I KNOW they don't work I still look them all over every time I'm in that section of the store.

Everyone is tempted by the easy out. Unfortunately, we have to work hard for the things in life that are worth having.

This.

As a cashier/customer service it takes all my energy at times to not tell people about taking diet pills. I figure it's their money & they can do with it what they want. A lady the one day was going to get Alli & decided not to & I told her that was a good choice since it had a nasty side effect.

I confess when I was heavier I read an Email that said you only get so many heartbeats per life so don't waste them by exercising or something similar. I knew it wasn't true, but I told my sister that was my excuse. She still laughs about that to this day.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Okay, as another word comparison, how do you say batteries?

Bat-trees or (the correct way lol) batter-ees ?
    The correct way, of course. Batter-ees all the way!

How about the correct and every way superior ( ;) ) CRAY-ON versus "cran."

I have a cousin that pronounces it closer to "crown"
    HOW?

When I was in high school my English teacher decided to put some words on the board and see how we pronounced them. When it got to my turn I got stuck with the word "route." I started saying it one way, then switched and said it the other way. When people started laughing I said "I say both!"

... I pronounce "both" as "BOLTH." I got laughed at quite a bit :lol: It's just the way I said it in my head when I learned how to read.

I say schedule with sc rather than sh, apparently this is American.

For some reason I have a hard time saying sedentary.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! That is one cute baby, @bkhamill!! Congratulations! Hope Mommy and baby are both doing well!
    And I love her name! <3
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

It's Mr Smartie, Mrs smartie, and i's anniversary today. They drove down on Friday night to surprise me. Got the fright of my life when I heard my front door opening at 1am.

We took Charlie, and my 9 year old niece to the zoo yesterday and had a lovely day in the sunshine.

Lazy day plans today and I have a table booked at a restaurant in Uxbridge for tonight. We start a new year together today. We've got a lot of work to do to repair our relationships, but half the battle is that we each want to.

My weight is the same for the fourth week running and I confess I am seriously PO!

Cuddling Charlie sound wonderful and good luck in your new year with the smarties! May it bring you the joy and happiness you deserve. No matter what the outcome. Happy Sunday!

This x 100! :)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Random but my cats are running around like maniacs because I am awake.

This is my life x 5 (actually only 4 because Tater doesn't do much running, haha) but they usually to run like maniacs when we're sleeping. :tired_face:
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @bkhamill She looks adorable!

@Italian_Buju I hope today is a better day for you!!

@girldownsouth London is probably the coolest place so far for July. Our average is 24.5 C.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    @orangesmartie I hope you have a wonderful day with your loved ones! I also hope that this new year is a super great one!!

I second what Patricia said about the weight.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    @kellyjellybellyjelly I'm not left handed but my father, brother and youngest niece are.

I remember having to remind my mother of that fact when she wanted to buy Emma and Joey baseball gloves and almost bought Emma the wrong hand. Then she asked me if it made that much of a difference.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Give yourself a break on the weight. You've lots of stress recently, you've started a different workout program, and it's not going up. In your shoes, I would call that a win. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @kellyjellybellyjelly I'm not left handed but my father, brother and youngest niece are.

I remember having to remind my mother of that fact when she wanted to buy Emma and Joey baseball gloves and almost bought Emma the wrong hand. Then she asked me if it made that much of a difference.

Oh my word! I laughed until I cried. I can't Imagine trying to throw a baseball right-handed and have it hit the target. In spite of my fine motor woes, I still throw balls lefty.
  • Glinda1971
    Options

Oh my word! I laughed until I cried. I can't Imagine trying to throw a baseball right-handed and have it hit the target. In spite of my fine motor woes, I still throw balls lefty.

I actually used to play softball with a girl who learned to catch with her left hand and couldn't catch with her right. She also threw with her left. It always looked strange to see her catch the ball, take off her glove and throw. I didn't want that to happen to Emma.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I actually used to play softball with a girl who learned to catch with her left hand and couldn't catch with her right. She also threw with her left. It always looked strange to see her catch the ball, take off her glove and throw. I didn't want that to happen to Emma.

I went to grade school and played softball with a girl like that too! It was so odd!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'm back from vacation (will try to post a couple of pictures later) but just wanted to say Hi! There's no way I can catch up, so I'm just going to jump right back in there.

It's great to see some old faces back on the thread!

Welcome home! Glad to have you back. Did you have a super great time? :smiley:
    Thank you! Yes, it was lovely. Very lazy and relaxed; just nice family time really.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I dropped a big blog of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

I really don't like the word crotch.

Tehe I've done this with avocado before :D

I'm not a huge fan of the word crotch either but as much as I dislike it it makes me giggle!

This reminds me.....I bought Wholly Guacamole today, single serve, spicy.....I have not tried it yet, but when I do, it is the first time ever.....I know to eat it with nacho chips, but do I also use salsa? Cheese dip? Anything else?? LOL

I am not a fan of Wholly Guacamole. I will eat it as it is definitely not the worst out there, but it is not the best either (I usually make my own). So if you don't like it that does not rule out you liking a different guacamole in the future I hope. :wink: The spicy is ok, probably it will be spicy enough but you can have a bit with guac, the next with salsa, and so on. My daughter's first solid food was guacamole at an authentic restaurant. She still loves it.

I tried it tonight....it was o-k....I did not finish the whole serving and I cut it with dill pickle dip, lol.

I tried it in the US. I thought most guacamole there was better than the stuff you get in the supermarket here, even that. But Chipotle guacamole, I wish I could eat some right now!
    I lived on guacamole in Mexico! (By which I mean I ate lots of other things too, but managed to get some guacamole in at pretty much every meal!)
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I am super cranky now cuz I had a pissy day :s
    Hope today is better!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    We have a BIG thunderstorm going through right now. There was a tornado around the city about an hour ago but it didn't touch down, fortunately. I moved my car into the garage and covered my plants just in time - there was hail the size of golf balls for about 5 minutes! EEek!

That IS scary. I'm glad you're alright. Did you happen to get any pictures of the hail. I'm fascinated with summer thunderstorms, but I know they're nothing to play around with.

I love storms, but it probably is because we don't get anything really dramatic here. That hail sounds insane.
    The thunderstorms in Mexico were truly insane. Our last night there, there was a HUUUGE storm which went around us and out to sea. We stood and watched for ages - the lightening strikes lit up the whole ocean (it seemed). Biggest storms I've ever seen, but only at night!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Give yourself a break on the weight. You've lots of stress recently, you've started a different workout program, and it's not going up. In your shoes, I would call that a win. :)
    Absolutely!
    Hope things work out for you and your SOs. Any news on your sister's baby?